Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Reign of Terror!  (Read 26023 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Terror!
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2015, 11:25:25 pm »

Okay then lets have some assassins brough in (i'm thinking 8 veterans?) to hide in our lair and attack the party along with us when they come.

Assasins usually can pick off attackers when they're distracted by us, Loin, Necromancer, and our skeletons.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2015, 08:43:02 pm »

Bump
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2015, 04:37:09 am »

((Exams till Friday. I'm putting my old games on hold till then.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2015, 10:56:27 am »

((Ok, good luck))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2015, 03:43:09 am »

((I have a day off of exams today!))

The two lumbering flesh brutes and five skeletal warriors created earlier are still patrolling the Rood Part of George. You place them under the command of Sir Loin. Immediately you can see the effect he has on them; the brutes stop slavering and grunting, the skeletons stop chattering and even stand at attention.

"The knight I squired for once told me on his deathbed that duty only ends with death. I did him one better," Sir Loin jokes.

You give Robert 500 gold to create additional guards. He creates five skeletal barbarians, all dual wielding imbued axes. Even their bloodlust is tempered by Sir Loin's aura. The time for the attack is soon. You, Robert and Mora head for the roof to watch the battle unfold. You slip your Ring of War on just in case.

A party of more than twenty heroes have come to save the Princess. Ten knights, five rangers and five wizards. They seem to be led by one ranger, a dashing young man with a smug smirk on his face. He draws an arrow and fires. The arrow flies through a window and strikes one of the skeletal warriors down instantly. He bows and jeers. Dick.

The knights begin the attack by smashing the door down. They are met with a charging undead barbarian who easily hacks one of the knights to pieces. The other knights bring it down, only to be swarmed by other skeletons. A blast of magic engulfs the Warriors in flames. Meanwhile, the party charges and enters the Tower. Quite a few knights and some rangers are immediately pulverized by the maul of the flesh brute.

Sir Loin seems to enjoy slaughtering the heroes. The magical attacks and arrows seem to bounce off his armor, and he parries the sword swings with unnatural grace. He is taken off guard by a cleric however, who seemed to have posed as one of the rangers. He is burnt by the Holy light and rendered immobile.

The two brutes have been taken down, though not without tremendous effort. The hero party is in shambles, leaving the ranger leader, a wizard and the cleric to climb the stairs and meet you and the Princess.

"We've won, monster. Give us the Princess."

"Take her."

He smirks and charges, though his attack was too forceful and he over extended himself. He trips and falls while you merely sidestep. The wizard begins flinging spells at you, but Robert blocks them and reflects them back to the wizard, who is both frozen and disintegrated at the same time. The cleric pulls out his icon and sears Robert, leaving him singed and prone on the floor.

It has no effect on you however. You casually walk to the puny cleric and grab the icon from his hands. You intended to smash it, but it seems to resist the crushing force of your hands. Instead you throw it on the ground and begin to pound the cleric to death. An arrow hits one of the gaps in your armor from behind. You turn and face the ranger.

"Let's play a game. No weapons. No magic armor. No spells. Prove to me that you truly are worthy of being a demon boss, instead of just a Mook with puffed up gear."

You slowly pull off your Ring. Your armor fades away in flames. "My pride prevents me from declining," you say in a monotone voice, casually shrugging.

He throws the first punch, which you dodge, followed by a kick, which you also dodge. The boy throws more punches and some flying kicks. Your dodging is getting more difficult. This boy got serious training somewhere. He finally lands a blow, but you grab his arm and pull him close.

"You wanna know what makes me a monster?" You begin searing the flesh on his arm.

"Hey! That's cheating! No magic! Agh!"

"It's not my magic prowess." He grunts. "It's not my puffed up gear." He yells. "It's not my command over the undead." He screams. "It's not even how many spikes there are on my armor."

You grab his soft face and pull it an inch away from yours. "It's my desire to win."

The flesh on his face begins to sizzle and melt. The boy is left horribly disfigured. "Go. Now. And tell that king who I am." The boy doesn't even pick up his bow as he sprints to his kingdom.

Robert and Sir Loin are still reeling from the Holy magic. Princess Mora looks visibly disturbed. It seems your ego got the best of you again. Anyways, here are some missions that pop up in your head.

A. Show Princess Mora that you have a nice side too. Get her a bunny. Not any bunny. The Rabbit of Caer Bannog! You think she'll love a pet like that, plus it'd be a great guard. You have to kick it's ass first before it becomes your best friend pokemon style. Be quick, or it'll go into hibernation.

B. Corrupt the Holy icon. This will give you an artifact that can make Robert, Sir Loin and subsequent undead henchmen invulnerability against holy attacks. Involves kidnapping and murdering a whole bunch of priests and clerics who are visiting a nearby town for a day.

C. There's this upstart thieves guild that wants to sponsor your new thieves hub. From what you hear they're really influential and powerful, so they'd be great sponsors for your new thieves hub. However, they need you to prove that you're evil enough. They want you to steal a jewel from the nearby lady. They've sent this offer to many other business partners too, so be quick about it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2015, 04:05:14 am »

Get the bunny.

Thieves will offer later.

Clerics are too much of an issue enmasse. No reason to attack till we have living peeps.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2015, 06:40:21 am »

C!

We need living beings to offset the Holy Light!

Also, we could send shades into the mission. I suppose that there is no better thing than some kind of invisible ghost to go and steal stuff.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2015, 07:50:20 am »

We should be nice to princess but not go get the bunny, maybe give princess more time to hang out with Robert, nudge those two along.

Then go prove the theives guild we are the most evil being in the world, however that is

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2015, 10:08:13 am »

we are nice? I thought we were just less mean to her than most others. C
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2015, 11:28:39 am »

Well I mean be a bit more nice than usualy as we just horrified her by searing the face off a hero come to save her..
I still think we should let her and Robert bond though

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2015, 11:35:23 am »

We'll do C first and go and get the jewel by stealth first. If stealth fails then just force her to give it up on pain of DEATH!

Once we get the thieves on our side we can have them help us corrput that icon by killing the priests for us. Since there living there magic is useless and then our forces will get stronger. Basically this second part is do "B".

As for the princess being disturbed? I told you guys not to arm her but did you listen? No, now we have to kiss up to her like why.

Oh an we should make more guards.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2015, 07:48:27 pm »

> A, but even if we don't, make sure to *apologize thoroughly* to her.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2015, 07:49:35 pm »

-1 since were evil that way.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2015, 09:08:06 pm »

We got her a Bow and arrow. . . . .  we didnt even have to do that. why appologize?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2015, 09:43:39 pm »

We got her a Bow and arrow. . . . .  we didnt even have to do that. why appologize?

A Magical Bow that has infinite arrows and always hits. She should be marrying us right now if it weren't for the circumstances in place. I mean come on if i could give that to a girl in real life she'd probally think i'm a hero or something.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15