Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Reign of Terror!  (Read 26037 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Terror!
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2015, 04:57:39 pm »

How much money do you guys want to give to Robert? Or do you just leave it up to him?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2015, 05:02:55 pm »

300 for Robert to make a couple brutes and grunts to guard the castle and however much it is for 5 grunts to a company us in raiding the village
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »

Those look more like they were done in a computer though.. Any special program i should get?
I recommend an art tablet.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2015, 05:24:02 pm »

Or use the skeletons to cater the theives
What I mean to say is that food doesn't grow on trees.

We need to get food into the hub if we want to feed the thieves. Conventional merchants might be hestitant to make deal with undead establishments, vested on the fresh remains of a city.

We could have more undead there than just serving personell and security. How about some skeletal dancers to make the hub more memorable?

300 for Robert to make a couple brutes and grunts to guard the castle and however much it is for 5 grunts to a company us in raiding the village
There will be villagers all over the place. We should consider having a group of weaker, more numerous undead to keep them under control.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2015, 05:26:41 pm »

I say that we simply tax the village and demand that they send us food every week and in exchange we don't kill them all painfully!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2015, 05:33:43 pm »

You don't have to worry about feeding thieves or getting merchants to come. The forces of Evil have their own ways of self sustainability.

I say that we simply tax the village and demand that they send us food every week and in exchange we don't kill them all painfully!

You could blackmail them into sending you tax every week, sure, but you have to actually burn the village. It doesn't matter if the villagers are all alive, burning villages is just evil.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2015, 06:14:26 pm »

No you can't keep them alive, the contract clearly says we have to kill them all and burn the village down, so we can still just rebuild and have theives live there.

Also the skeletons could maintain a farm and I'm sure the village has it's own water source

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2015, 06:31:34 pm »

You decide to raze the village from the scroll. You think it would be a nice spot for a thieves' hub, and if you kept the villagers alive you could tax them too. You also decide to go raze the village yourself; it's been quite a while since you've gotten into a scrap.

You pull out your Ring of War, the artifact that belonged to the previous warlord before he died. You slip it on your finger and immediately the armor begins to form. You are completely encased in a shell of black iron, with horns and spikes. Your face is covered by your helm. A black mace grows from your hands. You gained a meter in height and are twice as broad as you were in normal Form.

You head back down to where Robert and Mora are, still bickering, and hand Robert a pile of gold. Mora looks visibly shocked by the three meter tall brute. You open the faceplate and wink.

Robert uses the 300 gold to create some guards for the tower. He buys a bunch of corpses and raises them from the dead. You end up with two big corpse brute and three skeletal warriors. He uses the remaining 200 to create five grunts for the mission. You get three skeletal warriors and two skeletal archers. You're ready.

You use evil magics to teleport you and your minions to the target village, leaving a hole and rising smoke where you teleported. The village looks small and weak, consisting of human farmers and elf archers. There are around 10 guards patrolling. Easy game.

You slowly walk towards the center of the village, the guards have their weapons pointed but are too afraid of you. You remember Mora's advice for your entrance speech.

"I AM GEORGE!"

You swing your mace with inhuman speed and knock two guards flying into a building. Your skeletal warriors stay one of the guards, but the others move in to stop them. Your skeletal archers shoot down the guards trying to run away. The villagers run and scream. Maybe you coming here was overkill. You continually bash and smash, destroying huts and sending everything flying.

You sense a hero nearby. You stop midswing, allowing the guard you were clobbering to crawl away, only to be stabbed by a skeleton. You turn and face your foe, a tall knight with well maintained armor. He seems to high level to be part of the town. He's probably part of the party trying to stop you. The rest of his party emerges: a rogue and two wizards.

You noticed the rogue sneak behind you. A quick smash to the legs and another to the face easily dispatches him. The wizards are shooting down your skeletons with fireballs. One arrow pierces a wizard in the heart before all your skeletons burst into flames. You use your own spell on the remaining magic user, casting a faint glow and turning the wizard into a pile of flesh and bone.

The knight charges you, striking quickly and viciously. He's more powerful than the others. You parry a sword blow with your hand, yanking the blade away. A blow to the knight's face ends him. He wasn't powerful enough. You turn to face the villagers. You hand them all torches to burn their own village or else you'll eat their souls. (You actually can, but soul doesn't taste too good.)

After an hour or so of dedicated burning, the village is razed. You're undecided between killing them all or doing something else with them, so you tell them all to stay put. Robert quietly appears next to you, probably he teleported as well.

"Where's Mora?"

"Instructing the new guards exactly how she wants them to guard her."

"Sounds painful."

"It is. That's why I left. Anyways, Spam is pleased. Good work. What do you want to do with your new land? And these villagers?"
Dying of laughter?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2015, 06:48:29 pm »

Reanimate all the dead as undead workers and make them rebuild the place as if nothing had happened. Tax the villagers in exchange of protection, and build an inn to begin recruiting assassins and thieves, because we also need livin servants.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2015, 07:15:44 pm »

Reanimate the dead to help rebuild and construct several taverns and meeting areas then use the undead as guards, have the villagers farm and all to service the theives and other vagabonds that are bound to come live in this sweet, open to vice and violence hub.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2015, 08:43:22 pm »

"Have them burn everything down. I want the corpses revived and to help build a large lodge for the thieves and rouges. They'll also rebuild the surrounding village which shall be named Thalus. Oh an make sure to get our Knightly friend over their. We could always use an armored Zombie right?"

Burn and then rebuild the village with the skeletons and dead people. Rename town and open up the thieves lodge.

Who knows maybe we CAN get some assassins or some hearsay news from there.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2015, 08:44:56 pm »

Let's name the Town George-Ville

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2015, 08:48:17 pm »

Can we name the tower?
I vote for tower Rood Part
(Trap door spelled backwards, one the adventurers figure it out it'll be too late  :P)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2015, 08:50:31 pm »

Can we name the tower?
I vote for tower Rood Part
(Trap door spelled backwards, one the adventurers figure it out it'll be too late  :P)

So awesome, But we should call it the Rood Part of George to maximize our Ego.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2015, 08:59:09 pm »

That sounds naughty :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15