Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Reign of Terror!  (Read 26040 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Terror!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 01:34:40 pm »

Name: Quincy Soul Reaper
Description: Beneath his black and purple robes adorned with dark metal rivets and spikes you will find a skeleton with flames in his eyes and fire filling his empty stomach. His crown of dragons teeth sits almost perfectly a top his head, with a small blue flame floating out from the center of the crown. He stands a foot or two taller than most people and his skeletal hands are adorn with rings of razor sharp teeth taken from the most menacing of creatures and his hands stained red from the blood of his enemies

Class: Warlock

Lair: Lake side Manor, Quincy just loves a good party, if only his house guests weren't so rude at times. Though by then Tomas seems to have already dealt with them

Henchman: Tomas Squiglesworth, assassin, human, all around quirky fellow with an obsession for poisons and knives. Tomas is Quincy's go to for ridding the world of his less pleasant house guests.

Source of power: Artifact

Catch phrase: "Soul is my middle name"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:38:33 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 01:41:20 pm »

Name: Quincy Soul Reaper
Description: Beneath his black and purple robes adorned with dark metal rivets and spikes you will find a skeleton with flames in his eyes and fire filling his empty stomach. His crown of dragons teeth sits almost perfectly a top his head, with a small blue flame floating out from the center of the crown. He stands a foot or two taller than most people and his skeletal hands are adorn with rings of razor sharp teeth taken from the most menacing of creatures and his hands stained red from the blood of his enemies

Class: Warlock

Lair: Lake side Manor, Quincy just loves a good party, if only his house guests weren't so rude at times. Though by then Tomas seems to have already dealt with them

Henchman: Tomas Squiglesworth, assassin, human, all around quirky fellow with an obsession for poisons and knives. Tomas is Quincy's go to for ridding the world of his less pleasant house guests.

Source of power: Artifact

Catch phrase: "Soul is my middle name"

Badass. +1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 06:07:21 pm »

You are the great, the powerful, the immovable, the almighty George! Let all fear your presence, let all tremble before yo-

"No, no, no. That'll never do, Georgie. You want your entrance speech to be sweet and simple, not long winded and over the top!" Princess Mora calls from her corner.

"What's wrong with it? I think it's great!" says your bestie, Robert Graves the thousand year old boy necro. (Shortened title)

"What's wrong with it?" the Princess says as she casually removes her chains and walks to where you and Robert are standing. "You even spelt his name wrong!"

You sigh and leave the room, heading to the top of the tower to think on your new position. Up here on the top the cold wind nips at you, so you pull your shawl up tighter. Now that you think about it, it's less cold here than in the tower. It's deathly cold in there. And awfully loud too, now that Princess Mora's here.

A raven swoops low and drops a scroll. You catch it deftly, then break the seal and read it. It's from the Supreme Master of All Monsters, or Spam for short. The scroll details multiple assignments you can choose from:

1. We're lending you a dungeon to take care of. An inexperienced adventuring party will attempt to steal the treasures inside. If they get the treasure, you can forget your pay! If you succeed in defeating them, you keep the treasure.

2. We need you to raid a small NPC village. It's under guarded, with only a few militia patrolling around. A party of adventurers will try and stop you. Your goal is to burn the village to the ground. If you win, you can keep the land and use it for whatever you want.

3. We want you to create a new boss for one of the low level areas. Something simple, something undead. If you succeed, all the loot that your monster kills will be sent to you.

With hate,
From Supreme Master of All Monster

Creating minions costs gold. They disappear after the mission is over, so don't spend too much. For example, you give Robert 50 gold, he can raise 5 skeletal warriors or 1 undead brute. Tell him the gist of what you want to make however; a bunch of low level mooks or a few elite guards. Creating additions to your tower also takes gold, but they take gold as upkeep too. Buying gear for you or Robert costs gold, but it's a one time payment.

Since you captured the Princess, each week (after 4 missions)  you'll receive a thousand gold coins. Every two weeks a group of knights will try to rescue the Princess. You should make some guards for your tower (they cost upkeep!) just to be safe. Your tower is 10 floors high; you and the Princess are on the top floor. Robert stays on the roof.

You currently have 10,000 gp. Which is a fortune really. Courtesy of Spam. (PS. Don't let Spam catch you calling him Spam.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 07:22:26 pm »

Option 3 spend 300 gold to make boss meanwhile make 10 grunts as castle gaurds

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 07:48:25 pm »

Option 2. More land is always better. We could get extra income. And that means more power.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 07:49:12 pm »

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lf5c?Mythic-PreviewMythic-Lich

Since it has to be undead how about this guy? He'll have blunt attacks to break through knights and paladins, health stealing spells, paralysis spells, and  immunity from coldness. The rest of the stats are to be taken out since it's a bit too complicated for our first boss minnion.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 07:50:36 pm »

Since it has to be undead how about this guy? He'll have blunt attacks to break through knights and paladins, health stealing spells, paralysis spells, and  immunity from coldness. The rest of the stats are to be taken out since it's a bit too complicated for our first boss minnion.
looks good to me

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 07:55:18 pm »

That mace is way too large to work, unless it's magic.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 08:03:21 pm »

Why can't it be?

Or we can try this: http://0dibil.deviantart.com/art/charon-366015315

Same attributes except it's a spell caster and has no mace or other melee weapons. Just a staff and spells.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 08:08:21 pm »

Either one sounds good to me

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 08:10:19 pm »

How about we do one mission, and instruct Robert to do the other?

We'll give Robert some cash to staff the tower, perhaps with something that can take advantage of stairs. We'll give him another 100 to assemble a hunting party and kill some wildlife. He can use the most impressive kill make a cool mount for the boss we've been asked to provide. The other kills can be used for meat. Give him 300 gp for the boss creation, and leave another 200 in case something comes up. Let him make two brutes(sword and shield) to accompany you. Try to recruit some bandits or hire some mercenaries to help raid the village.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 08:14:38 pm »

We'll give Robert some cash to staff the tower, perhaps with something that can take advantage of stairs. We'll give him another 100 to assemble a hunting party and kill some wildlife. He can use the most impressive kill make a cool mount for the boss we've been asked to provide. The other kills can be used for meat. Give him 300 gp for the boss creation, and leave another 200 in case something comes up. Let him make two brutes(sword and shield) to accompany you. Try to recruit some bandits or hire some mercenaries to help raid the village.
that sounds like a good idea because  I can still do the boss mission and we can get more done in less time double 1+

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 08:15:54 pm »

that sounds like a good idea because  I can still do the boss mission and we can get more done in less time double 1+

+2

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 08:17:25 pm »

Why can't it be?

Or we can try this: http://0dibil.deviantart.com/art/charon-366015315

Same attributes except it's a spell caster and has no mace or other melee weapons. Just a staff and spells.
Yeah, either way's fine I guess. Both look pretty cool.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 08:21:52 pm »

Does anyone know how I could get that good in drawing?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15