Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: how did urist die?  (Read 6274 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: how did urist die?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 10:21:20 pm »

...did that dwarf just get killed by being slammed into a wall, only to be impaled by his own pick not a second later?

That is the most cinematic non-fight death I have ever seen in DF. Bravo.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Buckley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 06:29:47 pm »

I had a woodcutter chop down a tree next to a surface level stockade wall once, once felled a log bounced off the wall, knocked over my woodcutter, and then landed on his head... effectively esploding his head into squashed pulp.

It was a glorious moment in my gaming history... :D

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 11:11:35 am »

Dehydration due to melancholy.
Dehydration due to stark raving madness.
Dehydration due to catatonia.
Dehydration after a werebeast attack, due to being confined to a hospital bed in a cold embark where all available water sources had just frozen over.
Drowning after dodging away from a buzzard and into a river.
Drowning on the Overseer's orders after being bitten by a werebeast.
Incinerated by dragonfire.
Incinerated by magma created when dragonfire engulfed a rock stockpile.
Died of burns from burning artifacts, originally set alight by dragonfire.
Struck down by a werebeast x 20.
Struck down by a dragon x 10.
Struck down by trolls x 50.
Struck down by goblins x 50.
Struck down by goblinized dwarves x 10.
Struck down by a militia dwarf throwing a tantrum x TOO BLOODY MANY.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 01:39:08 pm »

I think we can say that water is in fact one of the greatest natural enemies of a dwarf. Fire and magma, if counted seperately aren't far away from it though.
As one would also expect, the various forms of madness also seem to come up often, though generally not as direct causes.

My most recent ones (an unfortunately long time ago, if I do have time I'm working on the MH mod):
-Dehydration. (Seems to be quite common as well)
-Evil rain. Not direct, but my dwarves got temporarily disabled (non-lethal paralysis IIRC) multiple times, effectively stopping them from building shelter and a food supply, leading to starvation.
-The undead. Nice combo with evil weather, too.

To be honest, I'd say there're few kinds of deaths that are NOT common. That "impaled by his own pickaxe" seems to be the around uncommon-rare, but not unique. I wonder if I can find a unique way to die... I think I'll make a dwarf called Raspurist or Urist Rasputin. Or many, that seems more likely to lead to something of interest. Well, if I get around to playing.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 02:53:26 pm »

A Rasputinian death actually might be rare, considering you either Die Horribly or get better to various degrees, and it's not very common to be, say, caught in a cave-in, pursued by zombie killer whales, and on fire at the same time.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 03:00:59 am »

Flattened by a minecart while trying to put that minecart back on its track stop, several times.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 11:22:14 am »

Urist wanted to help the militia by chasing a Giant Grey Langur.  He caught one.

"Urist McTooDamnHelpful has been found dead."
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 12:27:12 pm »

Here's one that really pissed me off.

A migrant wave comes, including a talented weaponsmith.  Then a werecreature comes right next to them and slaughters them all in one fell swoop.  It was like the game was being a dick to me on purpose.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 06:10:32 pm »

Here's one that really pissed me off.

A migrant wave comes, including a talented weaponsmith.  Then a werecreature comes right next to them and slaughters them all in one fell swoop.  It was like the game was being a dick to me on purpose.
Already happened to me, but the Werebeast chased and killed just one Fisherdorf, instead of the important ones. Meh, he was just going to be another hauler, anyway.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 01:06:00 am »

Sparring in a barracks dug into a cliff, dodged an attack, phased through the wall, and fell six stories into a river.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 01:26:29 pm »

Got blasted by a Dalek
Eaten by a T rex
Gored by a Triceratops
Burned alive due to a dragon igniting the booze stockpile
Stung by a giant desert scorpion
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 03:27:48 pm »

They accidentally a werecoati.  Joke's on him though, his ass is stuck in a cage until I find a use for him.

There's also the poor soul who was in the wrong place when the drawbridge was raised and got catapulted into the floor.

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is the same as ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 07:06:41 pm »

The Rodent Man stabs The militia captain in the lower body with his ( blood thorn spear ), and the severed part sailes off in an arc!
It is a gelding strike!
An artery has bean opened by the attack!
Onget Keboniteb: Death ...   This is tuley horrifying.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:17:33 pm by Snergler »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 02:21:33 pm »

Not as amusing as most here, but I did have Mechanic McUrist decide to pick a fight with the polar bear he was supposed to be readying a cage trap for.

As you can imagine, his plan did not go over too well.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 02:22:33 pm »

Urist McDiplomat decided to start a fight with a chained up female bugbat.  And lost.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4