Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: how did urist die?  (Read 6269 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
how did urist die?
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:16:26 pm »

this is the thread where you discuss how your dorfs die.
original idea from utunnel
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how did urist die?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 09:04:58 pm »

Let's see...

Mauled by wolf
Skewered by unicorn
Struck down by a huge beakless shrike with cobalt feathers and poison vapors
Otherwise killed by giant olms, giants, etc.
Discovered caverns, then died of thirst trying to dig back to the surface
Drowned falling down a river
Crushed under refuse in a poorly-placed dump zone
Stood on ice at an inopportune moment

regulark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 10:03:50 pm »

When multiple of my fresh recruits spotted the enemy they decided that charging to the top of my incomplete tower, jumping off the tower and into the moat to promptly drown was the best course of action to take.
I've also had a dwarf drown in a freshly thawed pond while hauling goods across.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 10:14:29 pm »

I had too much !!fun!! with cave-ins. I have lost at least 20 urists to cave-ins.
Also, never fight a steel FB.
I once even had a militia dwarf (a total badass) have an enemy dodge into lava, and proceed to jump in after him. He made it out, but then died from blood loss (he jumped onto a ramp).
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 10:17:49 pm »

He went berserk in a half-flooded dining hall.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 10:59:23 pm »

He decided to stand around staring at the goblins as the hacked him to pieces.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:52 pm »

One woodcutter just went Leeroy Jenkins on a couple of alligators, with predictable results.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 12:11:35 am »

Urist McMiner1 and Urist McMiner2 suffered from a cave-in and broke their little dwarven legs. Instead of crawling back to their rooms, they remained there, starving and having infections to death because someone locked the place.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 02:21:38 pm »

He met his old friend in the fog.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 02:25:48 pm »

Washed away from running into a locked door after draining a flooded dining-room into the caverns to be burned to death by the great vulture that lies within.

I wanted him to die.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Buckley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 06:27:56 pm »

Heh... most recent funny one:

A mechanic was working on hooking a hatch cover up to a lever.  The hatch was under the cistern pit I'd dug that I use for feeding my magma pipes down in the furnace levels.  I always dig a hatch in the floor in the middle of the cistern in case I ever need to drain the pit.  After several weeks of checking the lever to see if it was hooked up I started looking around and noticed Urist McDumbengineer had somehow locked himself below the hatch cover (I hadn't fully dug the drain yet... just the one space under the hatch cover.)

It was so stupid I decided to just leave him there.  Now his bones are encased in the magma and my fort's lore.

:D

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 06:35:54 pm »

Melancholy. All the time, every time.

Oh, and that one guy got pushed into a pond by a honey badger, and that one farmer disappeared off the face of the earth while we were trying out our atom smasher.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 06:42:53 pm »

Another example of Overseer's incompetence for not disabling auto-web gathering Urist's imcompetence, Urist McWeaver went to the caverns to gather some webs, but on his way, he found a huge and menacing "S". Some hours later the millitary arrive to investigate what happened to Urist, so did the burial dwarves. The millitary killed the GCS and the burial dwarves decided to gather the corpse...of the GCS first and then Urist's mangled corpse, along with his xcave spider silk sockx. The GCS even got her own name!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 07:35:09 pm »

Killed by &s after killing all other migrants and traitors, except for one pet cat and one dwarf who managed to claw his way onto the bank after being dumped in the river.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 09:09:58 pm »

Unfortunate event involving his mining pick during a cave-in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4