Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Saving Sandiron: DnD 5eBasic: IC Thread  (Read 6293 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Sandiron: DnD 5eBasic: IC Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2015, 12:30:11 pm »

"Checking out a potter's wares." She walks with Arno towards the vender. Once out of earshot of the shop, she drops her voice to a whisper. "I'm thinking we hit the shop tonight. You in?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2015, 12:44:41 pm »

Arno gives his sister a large, overacted conspiratorial wink, which is all the answer she needs.

Yes!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2015, 05:08:15 pm »

The vendor is saying that clay jugs and and glazed pitchers are half off. Only 3 copper pieces! He points to a display.
You know immediately that it's a rip-off, but the fine craftsmanship in the detailing might be worth it as a decorative jug; but no-one would use such a jug for storing anything for any amount of time.

In between shouting out 'deals' on overpriced merchandise, the vendor is holding an auction on a large statue. It seems the current bid is 14 gold and 5 silver. It seems to depict the Western Empire's leader, a very angry looking and fit man. The scimitar held by the statue seems to be real, but of low quality; the dents in it alone would make it no better than a hammer at cutting enemies.

Somebody in the crowd is knocked over by an older halfling lady, and the noise of the crowd starts to turn angry.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2015, 08:33:54 pm »

Hyphien investigates why the the lady would do that.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2015, 03:04:28 pm »

Arno never met a statue he didn't want to deface.

Honestly, those scowly imperial ones were just sort of asking for it. What was he so angry for? He had an Empire! He should be happy!

To Arno's reasoning it was his right-nay, responsibility-to cheer him up a bit.

Action: Arno waits until the riot is in full swing and the way is clear to sneak up and give the Imperial statue a silly face with a piece of charcoal
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2015, 03:19:12 pm »

Coral snorted in disgust. Such goods certainly weren't worth that violence. Someone was liable to get hurt.

Still, it wasn't her place to interfere too much.

Coral wades into the crowd, helping up the person knocked over, before leaving promptly.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2015, 03:48:26 pm »

Setting her brother eyeing the statute with a grin, Portia goes pale.
"That's a really bad idea. You'd piss the mob off. Someone will get hurt. I don't want it to be you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2015, 03:57:36 pm »

Arno nodded, as if she had agreed with him.

"I'm waiting till the mob gets good and riled up, and no one is paying attention to little Arno-I'm not a fool...not all the time. They'll be too busy walloping on each other to pay attention to me. In and out sister, and I can brag I gave the world a good laugh...in the next town over, anyway. How many people can say that?

If it all quiets down, well, I'll lay off."

Actually his first instinct was to run-run! Run away! When he got like that, there was nothing to do but clench his fists, and roll the dice.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2015, 10:31:12 pm »

Her eyes get a little steely. "For the price the statue is going for, these people love their emperor dearly. Defacing him in front of the mob will only make them angry."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2015, 10:33:04 pm »

" In and out sister, and I can brag I gave the world a good laugh...in the next town over, anyway. How many people can say that?"

Hyphien narrows his eyes."Not many can, halfling, but it isn't wise."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2015, 11:12:13 pm »

[Wisdom(Perception): 9+3, 18-1, 11+3] ((Instead of passive, because you're actually looking into the crowd))

Hyphien finds the victim of the first shove easily... by accidentally stepping on him.
"Ugh. Ooh, where did my purse go?" The guy is grasping at his belt now, and becoming more awake, trying to avoid being trampled. "The hell? Hey! This guy stole my money!" The guy, despite his money probably having been taken by that lady who knocked him down, is pointing at Hyphien.

The crowd surges and presses in, separating Hyphien and the guy, while giving Coral the chance to find him and help him to his feet. Coral then moves away, trying not to get caught in the press of bodies.

[Dexterity(Stealth): 9+4]
While the guy is still shouting about his missing money, somebody else shouts about their wallet being gone. Hyphien moves towards the source, looking for the halfling. Arno, meanwhile, takes this as his chance and dives into the crowd. Portia objects, but as soon as Arno is in two people get pushed into her path. The chaos continues to increase into angrier shouting and more pushing. Arno makes it to the statue, which is now surrounded by people, and the vendor is angrily trying to push people back and away. A second vendor, his arms coated in wet clay, comes out of the store to try and help break up the mob and restore order. He has out his charcoal piece, and is ready to reach out when a clay-coated arm strikes him in the chest and sends him flying back into the center of the crowd, bowling over the same guy as Coral just helped up.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2015, 12:42:04 am »

"Sorry for stepping on you, sir, and also, I think you misunderstand. I did not steal your wallet. The one that stole your wallet is the halfling I am currently after."

Look for and track down the Halfling lady.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:11:34 am by Pencil_Art »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2015, 12:47:56 am »

Did Portia see who hit Arno?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2015, 09:06:53 am »

Coral glanced round to see the crowd dissolving into chaos, and her travelling companions in the thick of it.

The idiots.

Still, for now at least, they were her idiots. She wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not.

Coral looks for the others in the crowd, and if she sees them wades in to try and drag them out.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2015, 09:10:12 am »

"Apparently they really do love the Emperor..." Arno said to himself.

Action: Scuttle away!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9