Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Saving Sandiron: DnD 5eBasic: IC Thread  (Read 6292 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Sandiron: DnD 5eBasic: IC Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »

[Wisdom(Perception):3+1] [Dexterity(Acrobatics):16+6]
Portia can't see anyone in the crowd, let alone Arno. At least, not until he is seen scurrying between various pairs of legs and out of the crowd, right near here. There's a big smudge of clay on his shirt. He's actually using his hands to move more than his legs, he's so low to the ground. He managed to avoid being stepped on and noticed, too!

[Wisdom(Perception):11+3, 18+3]
Coral manages to find Hyphien quickly, and he's being jostled and bumped by quite a few people, but he's got something in his hands, and it's not merchandise. He is lifting a lady halfling by her suspenders, and she's got several wallets clenched in her fists; finding her didn't prove much of a problem, it turns out, for the keen-eyed elf, and he managed to catch up with her even amidst the chaos.
She helps him contain her struggling by grabbing the halfling's legs, preventing her from kicking her captor, and then the two of them exit the crowd with their captive.

The sound of some local authorities approaching the scene can be detected. Some groups have splintered off of the main mob and are outright brawling in the streets. The two vendors, the clay-coated one and the sale-calling one, are both shouting like mad, trying to push the crowd back from their shop. They've already been joined by a third, also with clay on her arms (and in her hair).
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2015, 09:42:38 pm »

Portia tries to get Arno's attention and indicate that they leave quickly.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2015, 09:54:27 pm »

Bring the Halfling in to the authorities. They'll probably be better at giving the stolen property back.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:32 am »

Action: Better leave quickly!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2015, 11:08:50 pm »

Arno and Portia flee the scene together, leaving Coral and Hyphien standing there with a halfling pickpocket suspended between them as the authorities arrive, and start pulling apart the crowd and tying people up. It's a little worrying at first how much rope they have and how many people are now lying on the street tressed up, but they leave Coral and Hyphien alone, mostly. Eventually the shouting has stopped, and the Empire Soldiers start letting people free and asking questions of the people present.

A pair of them, two humans in Western Empire colors, approach the duo.

"Aright, what we got here? What you doing when the riot started, what you see?"
The first one starts to ask what seems to be a standard spiel, then notices that you're still holding someone.
"You caused a little trouble? You three together, or did you get into a little fight?"
The other soldier coughs a little.
"This one's got some wallets. Looks like the other two might have been with her, or might have stopped her. Either case, we've got some questions for you, would you mind coming with us? Not far, just around the corner."
The Cyan Menace

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2015, 09:13:53 am »

"What a rush! Just like old times, huh, Porty? Scuttlehats don't run nearly as fast as Sandmouth Guardsmen!" Arno commented, reminding Portia of that one time in the Sandmouth City cheese district...

He looked around then, catching his breath.

"...What happened to the other ones? What were their names again? Hippy and Corey, or something like that?"

His money was that the Scuttlehats had arrested them. Depending on the level of friendly provincial corruption, they could expect to get off with bribes or beatings, he mused.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2015, 01:30:40 pm »

"A pickpocket. We thought you would appreciate the help. She got a few wallets before we could catch her though, as you can see. It's such a shame how little chance there would be of tracking down their rightful owners."

Coral gives a meaningful nod at the woman, and more particularly at the wallets.

"However, we have rather pressing business to attend to. We would happily leave both her and her prize in your hands."

Coral tries to hand over the woman, along with the wallets, to the guards.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2015, 01:48:49 pm »

"We never found the person who sold us out in Sandmouth, did we? Another day, perhaps. I didn't see where Coral and Hyph got off to."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2015, 02:15:28 pm »

"We never found the person who sold us out in Sandmouth, did we? Another day, perhaps. I didn't see where Coral and Hyph got off to."

"I bet it was that snake, Phereod Suneye. You went out with him didn't you? Motive, sister!"

Arno stopped to mop his brow with a rag.

"...Oh, and I suppose they're being beaten and robbed by the Scuttlehats, unless they managed to find some of those honest ones you're always hearing about but never quite catching a glimpse of yourself-a dishonest guardsmen is as common as a Unicorn without a horn. I saw them trying to manhandle a pickpocket back there. Don't they know guards don't like to be shown up?

Anyway, should we go..I don't know...pick up Corey and Hypno's unconscious bodies, or something?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2015, 02:36:51 pm »

"That was one date, and you set it up! Finding the others might be a good idea."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2015, 03:08:02 pm »

"Aye, if there's anything left of them to find. A guardsman once stole the buttons off my jacket for something called 'back taxes'. He didn't explain the concept very well...from what I understand I owed money to the government, money I didn't have, and since the gold I didn't have belonged to the government, he was taking it back. In the form of my jacket buttons."

And, we should have both known he was a snake. Anybody that wears a fake eyepatch is obviously a villain. I know that now."

Action: Let's go find our uh, friends
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:12:18 pm by Dwarmin »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2015, 10:50:48 pm »

"Sorry, maam, but I can't just let you go. You'll be compensated for your time, or at least you won't be arrested or beaten."

"Heh, heh, sorry that's just a bit of humor. You see, he just implied that normally we'd arrest you and -"

"They know that! Anyways, we can just ask them here if you want, and bring the halfling with us."

The two soldiers start asking questions rapidly.
"How did you know she was a pickpocket?" "What sparked this mob? What were you doing at the time?" "Was there anyone else you noticed behaving suspiciously, before, during or after the riot?" "When did this riot start, what was your role in the fighting?" "Did you steal anything while the fight was going on or notice anyone else trying to steal anything? Er, besides her, of course."

The two halfling siblings skirt around the block and spy the elf and dwarf talking to two armed skuttlehats. The swords in their scabbards look fairly average, and their uniforms indicate that they've been here for... a long while, they may have even been part of the group that torched the walls. However, their faces look innocent, if such a thing can be said of West Empire soldiers.

You spot them handing an older halfling lady to the two soldiers during the exchange. The soldiers tie the lady's wrists together and then take a number of small loose objects from her hands; looks like a few wallets, a purse, some loose change, at least from here. Here being behind a wagon near the Hog's Brew. You can also see there's someone being hauled away by some skuttlehats that look a lot less kindly, and they're heading in your general direction. The guy being carried looks like a very well off gentleman, with scarlet and violet garb with all that frilly stuff and jewelry that sparkles. He's still trying to rant and point at your elven companion, but the skuttlehats aren't listening to him.
The Cyan Menace

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2015, 11:47:14 pm »

Portia saunters up next to her companions and gives them a nod. "Everything alright here, officers?"

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2015, 12:02:47 am »

One of the soldiers sees her coming, and says "Everything's alright, yes. Just breaking up another riot, return to your civilian... things."

The other soldier notices the nod.
"Do you two know this halfling?" He then asks the captive halfling the same question.

"What, jus' because we both short, we both gotta know eachother? Yeah, I didn't think so. By the way, got your wallets." She shows the soldiers a pair of moneybags, and you also notice her wrists are free of the rope.
The Cyan Menace

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2015, 12:03:29 am »

"She was knocking random people over and when we found one of the victims he had had his wallet taken. That was also how the riot started, I think. No, I didn't see anyone else, except everybody getting annoyed at everybody. It started when the halfling started knocking people over. We didn't really fight, we just apprehended this lady here. No we didn't steal anything or notice anybody else doing the same."

Tries to knock the halfling out with quarterstaff.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9