Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unable to see any effect  (Read 1105 times)

em1LL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unable to see any effect
« on: January 08, 2015, 09:56:19 am »

Hi all!

I don't see any effect of the evil clouds on my current location. It is not cause any syndromes or transforming any creatures into zombies. What could it do instead? Message of the evil clouds is the following:

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:58:50 am by em1LL »

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to see any effect
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 09:59:34 am »

Send in some dwarves that are useless for an extended period and watch the results. Exposure time to the cloud plays a role. It should have some kind of effect I have never had one that did nothing.

em1LL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 10:01:56 am »

Send in some dwarves that are useless for an extended period and watch the results. Exposure time to the cloud plays a role. It should have some kind of effect I have never had one that did nothing.

So they should wait in the clouds for some time? Because many of the dwarves just walked inside it.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 11:48:49 am »

So they should wait in the clouds for some time? Because many of the dwarves just walked inside it.

I have had a local Nefarious Mist that caused drowsiness with mild exposure, sluggishness with moderate exposure, and paralysis with long exposure. I had a child become paralysed in the mist, and died from respiratory paralysis after extreme exposure.

kirmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 12:44:55 pm »

And of course those somewhat rare mists that doom your dwarves to full body necrosis the moment they get exposed to it.

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 02:49:33 pm »

And of course the all too common mists that instantly turn your dwarves into husked killing machines that you can only take down with a well placed half a cavern falling on their head
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 03:01:38 pm »

And of course the all too common mists that instantly turn your dwarves into husked killing machines that you can only take down with a well placed half a cavern falling on their head
I found thralls to be underwhelming. Is it random thing too?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 04:50:50 pm »

And of course those somewhat rare mists that doom your dwarves to full body necrosis the moment they get exposed to it.

Those are always Fun :P
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 05:28:40 pm »

I found thralls to be underwhelming. Is it random thing too?

Dust thralls are the properly dangerous ones, because they're infectious. The only thing that sending your legendary axedwarves with full masterwork adamantine equipment against them will achieve will achieve is making it so that you have a bunch of (even more heavily buffed) legendary axedwarf thralls with full masterwork adamantine equipment who know where all of your traps are (and hence will avoid them) coming against you. When they first came out, someone tried opening up hell and setting it on the thralls. Things went badly for the legions of hell.