Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: What is everyone's favorite Fallout and Elder Scrolls games (If you play them)  (Read 9344 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Now the big question
Where will the next fallout game be set? (If the answer is obvious please forgive me I haven't aged the latest one all the way through yet, I also havnt played the first two)
I wouldn't mind playing in the American Midwest or maybe even in Europe, that'd be fun
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

Trilogy?
There are four games out

If you're talking about fallout there are five:

The first was Fallout, the second was Fallout 2, the third was Fallout Tactics, the fourth fallout game was - of course - Fallout 3, and the fifth installment was Fallout New Vegas
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Also Brotherhood of Steel, I mean, what game? There's no other game.
Love, scriver~

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh
Haven't heard about it .-.
What is fallout tactics?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

You're probably referring to the almost finished Fallout 3 from the BI.

Huh
Haven't heard about it .-.
What is fallout tactics?
Picture a hybrid Grid TBS/RTS.  Now picture it about the Brotherhood of Steel on crack (as in, they accepted anyone with the requisite skill.  Supermutant?  NP, come on down).
  Now picture it being a painful ride.  Where you die.  A lot.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm
Sounds fun

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

To get a similar experience, slap yourself in the nuts a few times and call it a day.

(I'm not a fan of tactics.)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I love strategy games... C&C being one of the first games I got to play extensively)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the Fallout games I only played Fallout: Tactics. I thought it was a good game and had quite a bit of fun, but I never got very far.

I also never finished a TES game. I'm bad at finishing games. Morrowind is my favorite. Everything had already been said about it (besides Dwemer ruins – I love those).
Oblivion was just bland.
Skyrim is nice, but it lacks something to make it stand out. It's got nice graphics, the characters are better than the ones in Oblivion (although not by much) and the landscapes are really nice. Also I think this is the first game where I can actually tell apart most of the dungeons (which is impressive). Still, it doesn't feel as foreign as Morrowind. In that regard it's just another Fantasy game, nothing special.
Taste my Paci-Fist

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

You're probably referring to the almost finished Fallout 3 from the BI.

No, that is Van Buren. Brotherhood of Steel was a shooter/action game for consoles.

Now let us never speak of it again.

(I love strategy games... C&C being one of the first games I got to play extensively)

It's not a strategy game as in Command & Conquer though, it is more of a squad-based tactics game like Jagged Alliance 2. Except not as good.
Love, scriver~

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(still a strategy game  :D )

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

"So you're trying to tell me that less than a hundred children have been holed up in a defunct mine living in some kind of 'lord of the flies' society, and have managed through mystical means to have not been brutally killed by their super-mutant neighbors two hundred years?"  Yeah, no, calling absolute B.S. on that one.  Many of the inconsistencies are just annoying, but that one almost made me ragequit.
Dude, children are invulnerable to attack. The most surprising thing is that they didn't take over the entire wasteland with what they had :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

What the hell is up with the waiting/resting in Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas? Quick wait isn't nearly as quick as it could be in either of those games and that fact bothers me; it feels like the developers are deliberately wasting our time (and don't even get me started on te opening to Skyrim; that fucking snoozefest wagon ride seriously detracts from the game''s replay value, and further contributes to my suspicion of the devs deliberately wasting our time)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8