Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: What is everyone's favorite Fallout and Elder Scrolls games (If you play them)  (Read 9363 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

How is it not a main game?
It's we in the same world, it's got many of the same danger, and there are even some of the same factions in it
Ex: brotherhood of steel
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

How is it not a main game?
It's we in the same world, it's got many of the same danger, and there are even some of the same factions in it
Ex: brotherhood of steel
You mean the Brotherhood of Tolerance?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

It'd probably help matters if you talked about what Fallout game you're defending here, since what you said could easily apply to 3 or NV...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Botherhood of Steel from 3 has different code of conduct than any other game, iirc.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It'd probably help matters if you talked about what Fallout game you're defending here, since what you said could easily apply to 3 or NV...
New Vegas
We were just talking about if it counted as a main game or not

Botherhood of Steel from 3 has different code of conduct than any other game, iirc.
Was still called brotherhood of steel in NV

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

It has always been the Brotherhood of Steel, the point is that their behavior in Fallout 3 is inconsistent with their established behavior in the Black Isle series (1, 2, Tactics, etc.)  Even their fundamental internal structure is wrong in 3.  Having Knights be part of the Paladins, and three branches of Scribes for instance.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile

New Vegas has a lot more stuff than 3, but it still just doesn't seem like "main" game, in the main games you are basically saving the world (What remains anyway.) in NV you're just taking a side in a battle on the Hoover Dam, sure, it could have major repercussions. Like if the legion wins, but you are still not doing much more than taking part in a battle. It's still my favorite anyway though.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know, New Vegas doesn't sound like a spin-off to me. Actually you could probably call Fallout 3 a spin-off while NV is the proper game, since 3 goes off and does it own thing in the Capital Wasteland, while NV deals with the NCR and other stuff directly connected to the old games. Admittedly Fallout 3 came first, but that just means that it could be a spin-off of 1/2, while NV was the proper sequel. Depends on how you want to look at things.
Well, to each their own, right? but yeah I get where your coming from. Hell, it even has Marcus from FO2... I personally think it's a good thing they took 3 away from the west, because we got a good chunk of situation going on over there. Not that I don't like going back there in NV by any means.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's what I'm getting at, it depends on your point of view whether a certain game is a spin-off or not.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's what I'm getting at, it depends on your point of view whether a certain game is a spin-off or not.

Good point, man. But in retrospect, I just don't care about those facts that much. I think the reason why I don't care as much about all of this, is that I played FO3 first, whereas if I played FO1 or 2 first then I would care about it a lot more.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oddly enough so did I. :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It has always been the Brotherhood of Steel, the point is that their behavior in Fallout 3 is inconsistent with their established behavior in the Black Isle series (1, 2, Tactics, etc.)  Even their fundamental internal structure is wrong in 3.  Having Knights be part of the Paladins, and three branches of Scribes for instance.
We all know that the real reason was that Bethesda was lazy and didn't care about the lore.

However! You can assuage that by pretending that it's because, as the DC Brotherhood has been out of contact for a good long while, the changes in their internal organization are naturally occurring corruptions and on-the-scene adjustments made to handle different operational directives. In the same way you can also explain the philosophical differences in the DC Brotherhood as the product of it being very much Elder Lyon's beast -- the people who tried to toe the line and stick to normal doctrine are the ones who became the Outcasts, which is fitting, since they're much more in line with normal Brotherhood behavior.

The main DC Brotherhood under Lyons is basically the descendent-equivalent of the UN (with lasers and giant nuclear robots) rather than the U.S. Army (which is, IIRC, what the Brotherhood originally drew from), at least in philosophical terms. Lyons affected a change in the basic goals of his splinter group from the expedition for personal reasons, and those who refused to join became the Outcasts, performing the Brotherhood's traditional functions as best they could..

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was actually thinking about making a mod for NV at one point, basically I wanted to remake FO1 and 2 in New Vegas. But then I realized that I had little to no scripting knowledge, and that up to this point I've only made silly weapon mods :(

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

That's an interesting comparison FD, and not one that I had considered, most of my problem with F3 stems from the apparent inability of Bethesda to even be consistent within the games' own lore.  The Capital Wasteland is probably the best constructed physically of the Fallout games, but as far as internal consistency, it is just an agonizing mess.  One thing asserts that nearly 200 years have passed since the bombs fell, but Rivet City was founded a meager 40 years prior to the game by, and I quote directly from the game 'Survivors of the Naval Research Institute', an organization that would have been simply absent from the setting for around 120 years by that point.  Little Lamplight makes my very soul bleed due to the totally impossible backstory, my thoughts on this particular bit of nonsense, "So you're trying to tell me that less than a hundred children have been holed up in a defunct mine living in some kind of 'lord of the flies' society, and have managed through mystical means to have not been brutally killed by their super-mutant neighbors two hundred years?"  Yeah, no, calling absolute B.S. on that one.  Many of the inconsistencies are just annoying, but that one almost made me ragequit.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8