Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544897 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #18645 on: May 31, 2016, 04:20:58 pm »

I mean, if they are old enough to walk unaided it really would seem odd to me to hold their hand that much. And sure. Be... You know, aware of your kids. But that's a whole league away from it being not possible to happen without some greater failing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18646 on: May 31, 2016, 04:33:53 pm »

... 'bout the only way I can think of it would be if someone actually shoved the kid through the bars or somethin', tbh. And even that would be questionable. I can't really think of much else that doesn't boil down to an explicit parental screwup.

Far as the hand holding goes, kid small enough to fit through those kind of fences are almost certainly still well in the hand holding range when around something like a fairly open fence, age wise. Mostly 'cause, y'know, they do stuff like what we're discussin'.

Maybe it's a bit different where you're at? There wouldn't be any askance looked at a parent keeping a kid in hand in a potentially dangerous situation 'round here.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18647 on: May 31, 2016, 04:40:19 pm »

Sure, it wouldn't be weird to hold a kids hand in a potentially dangerous situation, but this sorta possibility isn't super uncommon, and probably not thought of as dangerous. Like, you can look back in hind sight and say it was dangerous, but really you'd probably have to hold the kids had for the whole day to avoid this sorta thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18648 on: May 31, 2016, 05:01:55 pm »

Mm... not in any zoo I've been in. Most of 'em have well enclosed areas in a lot of places, and plenty of room to walk by and not be in idiot-dash range of a fence. There's usually only a few spots that have fences someone can potentially squeeze through, which is where the extra attention is warranted.

If that kinda' thing (approaching an area with a potential drop and animals that aren't particularly harmless) isn't thought of as dangerous, though... there's bigger problems happening in this situation. And vis a vis it not being common... maybe it's not, but there's whole heaps of not uncommon stuff we bring down hammers on people when they do it and stuff goes wrong. Not really what I'd call a mitigating factor.

Maybe clear things up a bit, I wouldn't be calling for much in the way of culpability, m'self... probably some kind of fine, or a long ban from the zoo itself (maybe nearby ones in general, I'unno). Some sort of renumeration for damages incited and/or prevention type deal... probably the former more than the latter, really, since the party that actually came out worse damaged is the zoo, unless the reported concussion is false/significantly downplayed. Parent'll already be paying for the damage done to the kid, after all. No need to double down in that arena unless there actually is sign of something beyond temporary negligence.
Ask not!
Ask!

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18649 on: May 31, 2016, 05:08:09 pm »

fun fact: apparently the mother tried to jump after her child but was stopped by zoo personnel.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18650 on: May 31, 2016, 05:13:54 pm »

... good? That would be one of the more right things that happened, here, assumin' it's true. If she'd gotten in there, it'd been significantly more likely to go from an injured kid to a dead one, and likely dead or crippled mother, too.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:17:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18651 on: May 31, 2016, 05:18:16 pm »

Mm... not in any zoo I've been in.

Maybe zoos just differ a lot in different areas. The zoos I go to, yeah. Thinking about it, someone determined or stupid enough to kill themselves wouldn't find it particularly hard to find an area to do so. Especially in any of the more sorta open free rangy exhibits.

Not really what I'd call a mitigating factor.
I dunno man. I think it really sorta is. At least so far as saying that this was some sort of horrendous failure. Sure. Punish her or whatever, punishments or the lack there of don't need to be even a little fair. That doesn't mean it's totally not understandable that something like this just sorta happened.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18652 on: May 31, 2016, 05:22:11 pm »

fun fact: apparently the mother tried to jump after her child but was stopped by zoo personnel.

Well she was probably just trying to get closer so she could egg the gorilla on.[/sarcasm]
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18653 on: May 31, 2016, 05:43:20 pm »

Counter-suit saying the Zoo didn't do enough to prevent people from entering the enclosure when?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18654 on: May 31, 2016, 06:13:30 pm »

To respond to Frumple's posts:

He didn't slip through. He didn't slip through. He didn't slip through.

He climbed over. The fence is supposedly only three feet high, but still "exceeds standards."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18655 on: May 31, 2016, 06:15:17 pm »

So Trump just said: "You're a sleaze because you know the facts, and you know the facts well."
Hah, wow. I thought you were paraphrasing, but that is verbatim. Amazing.
The clear implication is that he knows the facts and lied about them, which is accurate. Also, the video is hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__NPFmz1Z0
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18656 on: May 31, 2016, 06:15:51 pm »

I love America, I can shoot drivers on the highway with a sniper rifle as long as I throw some children on there first, "protecting the innocent bitches!" It's like the first amendment!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18657 on: May 31, 2016, 06:18:14 pm »

To respond to Frumple's posts:

He didn't slip through. He didn't slip through. He didn't slip through.

He climbed over. The fence is supposedly only three feet high, but still "exceeds standards."
Fair enough. That... kinda' makes it worse, though. That's a hell of a lot harder to miss.
Ask not!
Ask!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18658 on: May 31, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »

Spoiler: Dead people can't brake or swerve to avoid things in their car's path.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18659 on: May 31, 2016, 06:39:49 pm »

So Trump just said: "You're a sleaze because you know the facts, and you know the facts well."
Hah, wow. I thought you were paraphrasing, but that is verbatim. Amazing.
The clear implication is that he knows the facts and lied about them, which is accurate.
You have any proof of that?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 ... 1342