Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545345 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #18615 on: May 29, 2016, 10:10:49 pm »

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/2016-johnson-lbj-campaign-1964-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-political-ads-daisy-213925

This is pretty interesting, coming as it is on the heels of that report about Clinton's difficulties with finding an avenue of attack against Trump.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18616 on: May 30, 2016, 01:01:13 am »

Robert: I'm thinking of the spot that you produced that recycled all the attacks against Goldwater that had been made by other Republicans, like [William] Scranton and [Nelson] Rockefeller. Do you see the spot like that — reusing Republican leaders’ earlier attacks on Trump — being effective against Trump?
Lloyd: Oh, I do.
Sid: Oh yeah, yeah.

Literally came out three weeks ago.  I wonder if these guys will take credit if the ad ever gets a big media buy?  It's just like... so freaking obvious.  Oh really?  We can use republicans saying nasty things about Trump as a way to attack him?  What a novel idea!

It's the old line about "no team looks good losing" except it's being judged on the Hillary Clinton scale.  She is only leading in the national polls by 4% and on the verge of winning the nomination.  Better call up the back seat drivers!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:05:02 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18617 on: May 30, 2016, 01:24:51 am »

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says a prison guard suffered serious burns when he opened an exploding package he found outside his home.

The Democratic governor says the corrections officer was severely injured when the item blew up Sunday morning in Floyd, a town near Utica. Neighbors say they heard a loud boom, followed by screams and sirens.

Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol (MAY'-shul) says the 52-year-old victim is hospitalized in stable condition with burns on his arms and hands. Authorities haven't released his name.

So that happened.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18618 on: May 30, 2016, 01:33:28 am »

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says a prison guard suffered serious burns when he opened an exploding package he found outside his home.

The Democratic governor says the corrections officer was severely injured when the item blew up Sunday morning in Floyd, a town near Utica. Neighbors say they heard a loud boom, followed by screams and sirens.

Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol (MAY'-shul) says the 52-year-old victim is hospitalized in stable condition with burns on his arms and hands. Authorities haven't released his name.

So that happened.

I wonder if whoever sent that intended to kill him? Maybe they thought he treated them wrong in prison. They might even be right. Not that it matters. Whoever sent this is in some serious shit if they ever get caught.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18619 on: May 30, 2016, 10:53:07 am »

So that happened.

I wonder if whoever sent that intended to kill him? Maybe they thought he treated them wrong in prison. They might even be right. Not that it matters. Whoever sent this is in some serious shit if they ever get caught.

You don't usually make someone explode as a warning. Although I feel like that parenting style should be explored.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18620 on: May 30, 2016, 12:42:13 pm »

You don't usually make someone explode as a warning. Although I feel like that parenting style should be exploded.
FIFY

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18621 on: May 30, 2016, 05:38:39 pm »

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18622 on: May 30, 2016, 06:22:12 pm »

Feels like its starting to head into similar territory to 'Obama is the Anti-Christ'.  But then Trump could also be considered the same.

Murrica is so great.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18623 on: May 30, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »

Murrica: We nominate exclusively people we hate.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18624 on: May 30, 2016, 07:50:29 pm »

Murrica: We nominate exclusively people we hate.

Murrica: Pretty Hate Machine.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18625 on: May 30, 2016, 07:53:49 pm »

murrica sounds fucking awesome

THIS IS MY HATE AGENDA

WHAT NOW VOTERS?

WHAT NOW?!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18626 on: May 30, 2016, 11:59:05 pm »

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18627 on: May 31, 2016, 12:28:24 am »

I platonically love you for reminding me of that video.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18628 on: May 31, 2016, 01:15:39 am »

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx
Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 1342