Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544949 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #18360 on: May 25, 2016, 07:19:57 pm »

I'm going to have to disagree with you there, Hillary. Just for example, I had not heard anything about actual hacking attempts on her server, only evidenceless claims that "it was probably hacked" made by ye olde Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

This report says the sever wasn't hacked.  So that is not something new that happened and we are learning about just now because that isn't something that happened.

Maybe not, but it may suggest that the FBI is about to make a move.

Wow, ever other fishing expedition was bullshit motivated by wishful thinking of people who had no clue what they were talking about.

But I'm sure that this one totally aint bullshit  ::)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:23:02 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18361 on: May 25, 2016, 07:25:36 pm »

But I'm sure that the next three year investigation will turn up high treason that this one missed.
We were probably due a grimdark reboot. I'm gonna give this one a miss and hold out for the inevitable five year all-star retrospective investaganza, with congressional hearings remastered for VR.

If they do then they'll most likely need to go after not only Hillary but the last 2 (3?) SecStates before her as well, since indications are that keeping a private server was standard practice for 'em.

Also, from that article:
On Friday, State Department spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau announced that the FBI recommended last month that the department delay its review to let the bureau continue its work.
The Canadian Prime Minister has family as operatives! IT'S A HIT JOB; USA confirmed for 11th Canadian province by 2017.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18362 on: May 25, 2016, 07:25:36 pm »

Actually, where'd you hit that link to begin with, poh, if you remember?

Facebook. And yeah, the URL confuses me. Being on a legit lawyer's website is part of why I took it seriously at first.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18363 on: May 25, 2016, 07:44:50 pm »

If they do then they'll most likely need to go after not only Hillary but the last 2 (3?) SecStates before her as well, since indications are that keeping a private server was standard practice for 'em.

The reason it's all focusing on Clinton is that more rules were put in place and existing ones clarified since the previous Secretary. In addition she and her staff were warned multiple times. And the people who warned them were told to shut up about it. Rather than checking into it and fixing any problem that might have been discovered, they just decided to go on working with flawed procedures that broke rules.

Clinton was warned to her own face on at least one occasion regarding her use of a blackberry connected to the private email server in a classified area. So she can't even pull the old lady, "What's a server?" schtick she's tried before about the whole thing and say her staff never mentioned it to her.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18364 on: May 25, 2016, 08:19:40 pm »

The reason it's all focusing on Clinton is that more rules were put in place and existing ones clarified since the previous Secretary

Except they started this investigation long before they even knew the private email servers existed.  Are you actually suggesting that something that resulted in the farce like the Bengazi hearings was anything other then a political witch hunt?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18365 on: May 25, 2016, 09:27:39 pm »

The reason it's all focusing on Clinton is that more rules were put in place and existing ones clarified since the previous Secretary

Except they started this investigation long before they even knew the private email servers existed.  Are you actually suggesting that something that resulted in the farce like the Bengazi hearings was anything other then a political witch hunt?

There were some legitimate questions at the Bengazi hearings... and while some people that wanted to turn it into a witch hunt got the microphone... those questions needed to be answered and I think they were mostly answered.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18366 on: May 25, 2016, 09:29:50 pm »

There were some legitimate questions at the Bengazi hearings...

Top kek.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18367 on: May 25, 2016, 09:49:08 pm »

Soooo... kay. What were they, anyway? I can never manage to remember much about those hearings, m'self, save the whole pointless waste of many people's time part.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18368 on: May 25, 2016, 11:09:28 pm »

They were a very bizaree photo-op.  The republican party decided that in order to win over millennials they would make a bunch of memes.  But they heard that memes are supposed to be spontaneous.  So they tried to create spontaneous reactions by asking Hillary Clinton meaningless questions for three hours.

It sorta worked.

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18369 on: May 25, 2016, 11:13:54 pm »

Main question is: "Was it preventable."

And the answer to that was yes, in some manner, yes. If not completely preventable there was plenty of warning that could have limited the damage and that it was policy from the Clinton lead state department (if not direct orders from her, but we'll likely not find that out due to the email issues) to make it seem as if everything in Libya was going great. Libya was Clinton's baby and even when it started falling apart, the idea was to keep up the show that it wasn't. More security at the embassy would have been bad press and contrary to the narrative she was pushing. Pulling out from the  embassy would have been bad press and contrary to the narrative. She or someone working for her with her instructions risked lives in order to further her career and keep up face. You could give them the benefit of the doubt if they'd listened. If they'd assigned more security. If they'd done SOMETHING. Hell, you could give them the benefit of the doubt if they even had the basic minimum security there that is mandated by their own policy. But they had less than normal security there to keep things low profile. To make it seem like everything was great and dandy and that the Libyans loved them.

Now, as far as I'm aware, there is no proof that any of this info passed in front of Clinton's eyes. As far as I'm aware there's no proof she gave any specific orders which doomed the people at the embassy there. But she was in charge and poor decisions were made somewhere along the line and it's a fair question who made those decisions that cost people their lives.

Now... was it blown out of proportion? Was it turned into a witch hunt? Did it take far too long?

Yes.
Yes.
and Yes... although it must be said partially as a result of Her and her staff's uncooperativeness.

The end result was that she, or someone working according to her wishes screwed up royally. If it were her, I'd say that should disqualify her for any further jobs in government. If it were someone under her, I'd still say that shows she can't keep track of what's going on in the world (especially in a hotspot she'd spent so much time poking at) and should disqualify her from at least anything involving international relations. (Including President.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18370 on: May 25, 2016, 11:18:04 pm »

... #FeelTheBern?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18371 on: May 25, 2016, 11:20:52 pm »

Christ on a cracker.

No.  Just fucking no.  Take your miserable conspiracy theory and go crawl back under the rock you came from.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18372 on: May 25, 2016, 11:22:11 pm »

Clinton fuel can't melt Benghazi beams
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18373 on: May 25, 2016, 11:24:14 pm »

Christ on a cracker.

No.  Just fucking no.  Take your miserable conspiracy theory and go crawl back under the rock you came from.

Take your giant rod of denialism and shove it somewhere.

That was immature of me, in hindsight, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:55:49 pm by sluissa »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18374 on: May 25, 2016, 11:25:57 pm »

snip
No, no, sorry. Knew what they were in that sense. Post was directed at S. I guess I got a singular response to the plural inquisitive, which is something. Didn't quite answer how positive answers to the question provided wouldn't have involved prescience, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 ... 1342