Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1547113 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #17400 on: May 05, 2016, 10:06:17 pm »

Can't due to a lack of US citizenship, but otherwise I am both a resident of this country and of age to vote. Will be able to vote in the 2020 election.

I'm in this boat.

No idea regarding when I'll be able to vote in national elections as I haven't looked into citizenship stuff as of yet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17401 on: May 05, 2016, 10:08:51 pm »

How many of you guys here are actually able to vote right now?
Me.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: May 05, 2016, 10:09:53 pm »

I'm a loyal democrat, I have registered five different identities to vote under.

The crux is that your hypothesis is that I'm an independent because I don't have a fanboy opinion of Obama.
My hypothesis is that I don't have a fanboy opinion of Obama because I'm an independent. Not being part of the party means not getting wrapped up in the team colors.

No that's not the crux of my hypothesis.  My statement was correlation not causation.  I said nothing at all about the parasitic worms that are currently inhibiting your brain.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17403 on: May 05, 2016, 10:49:33 pm »

Been able to vote for a few good years now, heh. Registered dem because this is florida and party affiliation is the only way to have much influence over the primaries, but not terribly attached to it, in any ideological sense. I've still mostly voted straight ticket (with the rare indie) over my life because, again, this is florida, and the only thing more certain than the conservative politicians here being bugnuts and/or even more corrupt than the dem candidate is heatstroke. Also third parties don't exist, and independents only barely ping anyone's radar in the district I vote in.

Did put the vote in for the primary already, even. I won't lie, I almost felt left out eyeballing the republican ballots when I picked up my own. So much empty space on the dem papers... I can only imagine the price of all that wasted paper is faintly horrifying. Seriously, that thing was a full ~8x11 sized paper and it could have been the size of a name card, but they gave it to you full sized anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17404 on: May 05, 2016, 11:04:51 pm »

I'm a loyal democrat, I have registered five different identities to vote under.
That sounds rather undemocratic. :P

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: May 06, 2016, 12:43:59 am »

I'm five times as democratic as anyone else here.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #17406 on: May 06, 2016, 12:44:17 am »

I'm a registered voter in New Zealand. Not the 'States, but I think I can vote in the UK via some citizenship fuckery. Not registered there though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: May 06, 2016, 07:44:22 am »

How are they defining centrism compared to time?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: May 06, 2016, 08:20:50 am »

I'm five times as democratic as anyone else here.
Vote early, vote often.  ;)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: May 06, 2016, 08:45:55 am »

I'm a registered voter in New Zealand. Not the 'States, but I think I can vote in the UK via some citizenship fuckery. Not registered there though.
Maybe you get to vote for the Commonwealth emperor title :P
(Academic, because it's held by the literally immortal empress)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: May 06, 2016, 10:09:18 am »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-no-democrat-vice-president-222885 Even though Trump says that he wants to choose a Republican, kudos to Carson for wanting to keep an open mind.

While I'd be ehh about having Carson head the vetting proccess, he does have his sage insightful moments.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:10:59 am by smjjames »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17411 on: May 06, 2016, 10:50:45 am »

....Sage moments? Carson? Are you kidding me?

This seems like Carson wanting to ride someone else's coat tails into politics. Especially when his "advisor" doesn't even know his "advisee's" mind well enough to get flat out contradicted by him.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: May 06, 2016, 11:56:57 am »

I think it's pretty simple.  Clinton has been relentless shit on by the press for six months straight*.  How much have you heard about Clinton not being progressive enough or the damn email server?
Jack shit, honestly. Nobody cares about that. It's mostly the corruption and the constant lying about easily verifiable shit, like her record.
How much have you heard of her pushing for popular ideas expansion of family leave, a higher minimum wage, more green energy?
Even if she does that, she's less of that than Bernie, and that's the competition. So of course people pay less attention to that aspect. If she's bad at what she's bad at, and not the best at what you're best at, of course she's unpopular.

Only when it collapses into a stable democratic waveform instead of the politically subatomic equivalent of a mile wide kegger happening on top of a mixed napalm, willy pete, and devil's venom storage site.
I don't know what that means but it sounds exciting enough to hazard a vote on.

I have the logistical difficulty that I won't be in the state where I'm registered at the time when the vote is held, so I need to get that sorted, but otherwise able.

We need to stop the Republican conspiracy to disenfranchise fictive headmates.

....Sage moments? Carson? Are you kidding me?
You should watch some of his actual speeches instead of the bits of it that the media cuts out for your amusement. He does say dumb shit, but he also says very insightful things. I actually agree with his endorsement of Trump: We don't really know for sure what he'll do but he'll definitely shake things up and if he turns out to be terrible it's only four years.

This seems like Carson wanting to ride someone else's coat tails into politics. Especially when his "advisor" doesn't even know his "advisee's" mind well enough to get flat out contradicted by him.
I suspect it's not that Carson didn't know his mind, but didn't know what message he wanted to broadcast to the public at that time. After all, in contradicting something Trump said, isn't he being very much like Trump anyway?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17413 on: May 06, 2016, 12:10:20 pm »

Right. And that would make him an adviser....how?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: May 06, 2016, 12:31:31 pm »

Right. And that would make him an adviser....how?
Because he advises.
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1342