Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549776 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #16950 on: April 27, 2016, 02:05:11 pm »

P. Accurate actualy.

Anyway, everyone except Hillary and Trump is prob out of the picture by now, so Bernie voters are prob in quite a pickle :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #16951 on: April 27, 2016, 02:09:58 pm »

P. Accurate actualy.

Anyway, everyone except Hillary and Trump is prob out of the picture by now, so Bernie voters are prob in quite a pickle :v

They're going to forget they ever said anything bad about Clinton and lock ranks to stop "evil racist insane billionaire" Trump from winning, same as every other primary ever. Clinton might even give Sanders some inconsequential position in her cabinet to keep the Free Shit wing of the Democratic Party happy.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16952 on: April 27, 2016, 02:35:04 pm »

The prospect of a third clinton government sounds like an announced disaster though. I know people who'd actually ally with what they consider IRL Hitler Lex Luthor Megasatan then allow another Clinton to climb onto the presidential chair, and  I honestly can't fault them for it :v

Ironically, the only amurican friend I have that never bought into Bernie's speech and hates Hillary with a passion is a transgirl from a unitarian-left leaning family of doctors. All others are dead sure Trump is the antichrist, even the atheists (IE 90% of them).

The right is kinda self sabotaging itself though. The "omggg tr00 conservatives" like Ben Shapiro have been badmouthing Trump for a while now, and now face the prospect of a Hillary government, easily their worst nightmare.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:41:12 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16953 on: April 27, 2016, 02:47:31 pm »

P. Accurate actualy.
The Taiwanese Animators generally are.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16954 on: April 27, 2016, 03:09:05 pm »

Ironically, the only amurican friend I have that never bought into Bernie's speech and hates Hillary with a passion is a transgirl from a unitarian-left leaning family of doctors. All others are dead sure Trump is the antichrist, even the atheists (IE 90% of them).

Is she not voting? Voting for Trump? Voting for Hillary but holding her nose? Too young to vote?

Personally, I'm like "Ha ha, at least Hillary isn't Martha Coakley"
In 2001, Coakley successfully lobbied Acting Gov. Jane Swift to deny clemency to Gerald Amirault, a defendant in the Fells Acres Day Care Center preschool trial, whom many regarded as a victim of day care sex abuse hysteria. Prior to this, clemency for Amirault had been recommended unanimously by the Massachusetts Parole Board,.[7] Amirault's co-accused mother and sister had already been released from custody.[8] Wall Street Journal editorial board member Dorothy Rabinowitz cites Coakley's pursuit of the case despite lack of corroborating evidence as an example of questionable judgment on Coakley's part.[8]

In 2010, Coakley helped draft a Massachusetts law regulating obscenity on the internet. In a decision celebrated by civil rights advocates, the law was overturned by a federal judge after a coalition of booksellers and website publishers sued, claiming the new law was unconstitutional and would hold criminally liable anyone who operates a website containing nudity or sexual material including subjects such as art or even health information such as pregnancy or birth control. They said the law failed to distinguish between open websites and obscene material. Federal Judge Rya W. Zobel stated that the plaintiffs demonstrated “without question’’ that the law violated the First Amendment by infringing on and inhibiting free speech.[31]

(There was more that I didn't quote, and more that wikipedia didn't mention, iirc)

... Ted Cruz is picking Carly Fiornia as his running mate.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16955 on: April 27, 2016, 03:55:31 pm »

... Ted Cruz is picking Carly Fiornia as his running mate.

Seems desperate to me. Also premature.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16956 on: April 27, 2016, 04:06:43 pm »

P. Accurate actualy.

They're going to forget they ever said anything bad about Clinton and lock ranks to stop "evil racist insane billionaire" Trump from winning, same as every other primary ever. Clinton might even give Sanders some inconsequential position in her cabinet to keep the Free Shit wing of the Democratic Party happy.

You're typically supposed to put scare quotes around sarcasm or suppositions, not accurate descriptors
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16957 on: April 27, 2016, 04:08:39 pm »

Is she not voting? Voting for Trump? Voting for Hillary but holding her nose? Too young to vote?

Personally, I'm like "Ha ha, at least Hillary isn't Martha Coakley"

Voting for Trump. In fact, she's rather supportive of Trump overall, mainly because he's the most anti-stablishment candidate with a chance, and Hillary was literally her least favorite from the get go. In fact, she's mostly distanced herself from the left in the latest years because the left became increasingly more shady.

Honestly, amurican left is becoming increasingly more like south american left, which is something you, should, in fact, be scared of.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16958 on: April 27, 2016, 04:20:38 pm »

Trump's pretty shady if you ask me.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Andmore

• Bay Watcher
  • Former lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16959 on: April 27, 2016, 04:23:06 pm »

Honestly, amurican left is becoming increasingly more like south american left, which is something you, should, in fact, be scared of.
Could you provide a more specific statement with a source/examples of this?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16960 on: April 27, 2016, 04:25:08 pm »

Could you provide a more specific statement with a source/examples of this?
Aye...
I don't get it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16961 on: April 27, 2016, 04:27:14 pm »

P. Accurate actualy.

Like always, we get to pick between bad and worse. Except this time its 'not great' vs 'crazy businessman'.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16962 on: April 27, 2016, 04:29:20 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/27/politics/ted-cruz-carly-fiorina-vice-president/ SERIOUSLY!!!?!?

That is just such lol!............

Also seemed kind of a fast thing to do, I mean, he's got two months before he absolutely HAS to announce.

Also stayed up all night binge reading the darths and droids comic from the start, finished a bit ago, so, I might seem slightly sleep deprived with overreaction.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:31:50 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16963 on: April 27, 2016, 04:33:56 pm »

Though really, 99.9% of my surprise is coming from him announcing it so fast.

Announcing NOW is a stragetic blunder IMO because he is stuck with the choice and his choice might very well affect the voting ahead.

Plus it seems like he didn't vet her for very long, but what do I know. He could be making the same mistake as McCain did with Palin.

Also, an 'emergency snapchat' from 538 on it: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-carly-fiorina-save-ted-cruzs-candidacy/ The times are Eastern I think.... so, a bit over an hour ago.

edit: I had a thought, it could also be a ploy to make Trump do a VP selection earlier than he would prefer
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:41:46 pm by smjjames »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16964 on: April 27, 2016, 04:40:40 pm »

julia.azari: I was hoping that you’d ask me to write a weekly column on convention fan fiction. I have a pretty sweet idea where Reince Priebus is a werewolf and Paul Ryan is a vampire.
Pages: 1 ... 1129 1130 [1131] 1132 1133 ... 1342