Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546492 times)

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #16245 on: April 11, 2016, 01:06:35 am »

Yah know

I get minimum wage, I tend to get 300 bucks a paycheck

With one paycheck I can buy a used smartphone

Holy shit there is no wealth for the working class in this country... 9_9

I hope to one day own my own buissness. Idd very much prefer to keep the majority of profits for it please.
When I was working on minimum wage I earned ~$600 per week, which came out at around $500 after tax and student loan repayments.
Now factor in that I don't need to pay health insurance, if I get sick or injured I will be provided for, and my debt amounts to a quarter of what it would be without govt. funding.
Adjusted for purchasing power, my pay is roughly on par, but in terms of what I don't need to pay... yeah.

Question, why should the gov help your loan? Wasn't the point of the loan to be able to add back an equal amount with the magic powers of your piece of papper diploma?

On a side note, quality of life in the US is amazing considering the standards of 90% of the world.
Whats it take like 33k a year to be in top 1% world wide? Whats the average income of a US citizen 51k a year? We're doing pretty alright I think.
#winningwithcapitalism
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:17:09 am by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16246 on: April 11, 2016, 01:14:24 am »

well it's been fun but I really do need to sleep now; this is horrifically unhealthy as is

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16247 on: April 11, 2016, 01:15:24 am »

Night

Ill miss you

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16248 on: April 11, 2016, 01:17:02 am »

Question, why should the gov help your loan? Wasn't the point of the loan to be able to add back an equal amount with the magic powers of you piece of papper diploma?
The point of the loan was to pay for education that I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. The government helps because otherwise I'd be straddled with a hundred thousand dollars of unpayable dead weight.

On a side note, quality of life in the US is amazing considering the standards of 90% of the world.
Whats it take like 33k a year to be in top 1% world wide?
#winningwithcapitalism
How does it feel to have to pay out-of-pocket for expensive medicines and surgery? To pay enormous sums for some of the lowest-quality education in the Western world? To have your legislative bodies effectively controlled by corporations? To have the environment routinely fucked over in search of profits? To have terrible employee protections? And so on?

How does it feel to be talking to a guy with a massive hate-boner?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16249 on: April 11, 2016, 01:21:12 am »

well it's been fun but I really do need to sleep now; this is horrifically unhealthy as is
Sleep well!  I, for one, was relieved to see another dissenting opinion.  I hate when it's all-against-1.
Helps that everyone recognizes that neither *extreme* is ideal...

The point of the loan was to pay for education that I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. The government helps because otherwise I'd be straddled with a hundred thousand dollars of unpayable dead weight.
Out of curiosity, did you have to pay interest on that?  An interest-free loan would make sense for a government trying to educate its people, but I assume it actually made some profit off you.  Less than other types of loans, but it was specifically for a process that increased your earning power so it seems relatively safe.
... Though, not in the USA so much.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16250 on: April 11, 2016, 01:25:48 am »

Question, why should the gov help your loan? Wasn't the point of the loan to be able to add back an equal amount with the magic powers of you piece of papper diploma?

Whats it take like 33k a year to be in top 1% world wide?
#winningwithcapitalism
How does it feel to have to pay out-of-pocket for expensive medicines and surgery? To pay enormous sums for some of the lowest-quality education in the Western world? To have your legislative bodies effectively controlled by corporations? To have the environment routinely fucked over in search of profits? To have terrible employee protections? And so on?

How does it feel to be talking to a guy with a massive hate-boner?

I feel alright
Thats a nice hate-boner
I however have a love-boner right now

Now goody for your education, but I wasted about 13 years to find out what I already sank into my educations was worthless.

So excuse me for thinking its a biger priority to fix the "free" schooling we already have
On a side note, I have the worlds collective knowlage at my fingertips. Learning is not something thats hard to achieve with out a magical papper and handshake.

As for the enviorment stop subsidising pipe dreams, we need energy that meets our needs, if its clean efficient and affordable its not going to be hard for people to want to buy it.

Unions are actually the bigest special interest groups at the moment and I think walmart lobbies for increased minimum wages. You tend to get fuck huge special interest groups when your government has the ability to mess with the economy to the extent we allow it.

Well if we want cheaper healthcare we gata ease on the regulations and irresponsible use of insurance.

Terrible working protections? I just got a raise brah :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:29:54 am by Sprin »

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16251 on: April 11, 2016, 01:26:11 am »

Double post

Mesmurised by your manhood

Im sorry your so buetiful
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:30:09 am by Sprin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16252 on: April 11, 2016, 01:29:56 am »

Our positions are irreconcilable
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: April 11, 2016, 01:30:24 am »

Its alright I still love you

No judge
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:31:57 am by Sprin »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: April 11, 2016, 01:33:54 am »

@Sprin The US generally hangs out with countries like Somalia and Singapore in the welfare and health charts.

Averages are an easy thing to fool people with. Image a small village of 100 people. The mayor claims the village does quite well as its population is making 50K a year on average.

This could mean each and every citizen earns 50K a year, but it could also mean that the mayor hauls in just under 4 million a year while the rest scrapes by with 10K a year.

The reality is much the US is closer to the latter case than the former.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: April 11, 2016, 01:41:13 am »

We're on computers. Theres a grocery store proboblly not that far from were you live. Seriouslly people theres wealth, lots of wealth. My granparents couldn't even imagine the stuff we have. You don't even have to work that hard for it.

Now if we could stop the delusion that we're an extorted polterate we might make some real progress.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:44:29 am by Sprin »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: April 11, 2016, 02:22:06 am »

We're on computers. Theres a grocery store proboblly not that far from were you live. Seriouslly people theres wealth, lots of wealth. My granparents couldn't even imagine the stuff we have. You don't even have to work that hard for it.

Now if we could stop the delusion that we're an extorted polterate we might make some real progress.

Perhaps I'll drop this and this here for your perusal, and ask: what makes you say it's deluded for anyone to think employees aren't exploited for every drop an employer can get from them? Because we can buy nice things? Have pleasant conveniences?

What does progress mean to you?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: April 11, 2016, 02:28:46 am »

What does a grocery store have to do with individual wealth? I go to the grocery store all the time, and there's always plenty of wounded veterans, mentally ill people, and even former classmates of mine. You'll usually find them holding cardboard signs.

Corporate. Health. Does. Not. Indicate. Individual. Wealth.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: April 11, 2016, 02:37:39 am »

YOUR. ON. A. COMPUTER. YOU. GORGIOUS. MAN. YOU.
YOU. ARE. DOING. WELL. FOR. YOURSELF. I. IMAGINE.
WHY. DONT. YOU. GIVE. THOES. PEOPLE. YOUR. WEALTH. ITS. THE. RIGHT. THING. TO. DO. RIGHT.
Sell some of your possessions and give it to thoes people your worried about and Id have a bit more respect for your viewpoint.

Also to the man above you
Fiat currency tends to do that when you print it indefinatlly.

Pleasent conviences are a good start to progress I think.

Also I get yelled at if I use sources with a .org not fair.
;-;
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:43:35 am by Sprin »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16259 on: April 11, 2016, 02:43:16 am »

YOUR. ON. A. COMPUTER. YOU. GORGIOUS. MAN. YOU.
YOU. ARE. DOING. WELL. FOR. YOURSELF. I. IMAGINE.
WHY. DONT. YOU. GIVE. THOES. PEOPLE. YOUR. WEALTH. ITS. THE. RIGHT. THING. TO. DO. RIGHT.
Sell some of your possessions and give it to thoes people your worried about and Id have a bit more respect for your viewpoint.

Also to the man above you
Fiat currency tends to do that when you print it indefinatlly.
Also I get yelled at if I use sources with a .org not fair.
;-;

What wealth? The two pieces of furniture I have? The computer that I had to save for half a year for? The shitty cheap internet that barely works? The less-than-$100 in my bank account that has to last for the rest of this week? The income-adjusted apartment with the pot growing neighbors downstairs and the screaming kids next door? How much money do you think I have?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1342