Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545782 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Marine LePen's Eurabian Politics Megathread
« Reply #15795 on: April 01, 2016, 06:44:49 pm »

The Chinese :P

Not that the great wall was actually unmanned, but, you know.  Not enough to actually stop anyone from getting through.
Genghis Khan just went around it :)
Interestingly the Great Wall of China allowed for control of immigration, emigration, taxation upon the silk road and kept raiding nomads outside. Most of the times the wall failed was because they failed to maintain it, complete it, or else garrisoned it with people who left the gates open purposefully or otherwise, or merely surrendered when Mongols came knocking or tried using Manchus when they came knocking. It also demonstrates how effective use of logistics and key geographical choke points is more effective than waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall. Why couldn't the Chinese eradicate the northern nomads whilst maintaining military superiority? They simply could not extend their logistics to the deep northern interior, same way the French could not live off of the Russian land.
Though this is talking about walls from a military point of view and not a civil point of view, there are lessons to be learned. I am more fond of heavy-personnel with semi-permanent barriers, as fixed fortifications will be defeated eventually and are expensive to replace whilst semi-permanent are impossible to permanently circumvent because they can be replaced and change at will. As always, the biggest flaw to a wall is someone just opening the door. How did the Macedonian border fence fail? German activists let the migrants in :D
Though then again, there are the Israeli walls, the Kurd trenches or the Morocco Wall are proof where you really can build a "fuck off" wall where the only way in is with a guard's permission or incompetence

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: April 01, 2016, 08:27:13 pm »

In some non-Trump related news, a massive corruption scheme centered around the oil industry has been uncovered, which implicates some of the world's largest companies, including Rolls-Royce, Haliburton, Siemens, and others. The amount of silence around such a major story from major news outlets is suspicious, considering it broke almost a week ago.

The original story.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:29:47 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: April 01, 2016, 08:28:47 pm »

I'll believe it if something on it is published tomorrow. Today, I don't trust anything anyone says.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: April 01, 2016, 08:39:44 pm »

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: April 01, 2016, 09:34:31 pm »

I don't get why anyone posts actual news on April 1.

In other probably real news posted today,
State Department halts review of Clinton emails at FBI request

The U.S. State Department has suspended plans for an internal review of whether classified information was properly handled in former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's emails at the request of the FBI, a spokeswoman said on Friday.
[Click for the rest]

Yes, that image is from the article, and it is amazing.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15800 on: April 01, 2016, 10:19:10 pm »

In some non-Trump related news, a massive corruption scheme centered around the oil industry has been uncovered, which implicates some of the world's largest companies, including Rolls-Royce, Haliburton, Siemens, and others. The amount of silence around such a major story from major news outlets is suspicious, considering it broke almost a week ago.

The original story.
The guys who caused 08 are still working

Nothing suspicious about this, it's plain as day how the cards are set

I don't get why anyone posts actual news on April 1.
Double bluff

In other probably real news posted today,
State Department halts review of Clinton emails at FBI request
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The U.S. State Department has suspended plans for an internal review of whether classified information was properly handled in former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's emails at the request of the FBI, a spokeswoman said on Friday.
[Click for the rest]
Yes, that image is from the article, and it is amazing.
Man the cards really are stacked

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #15801 on: April 01, 2016, 10:25:29 pm »

There are no jokes.

Sometimes I wish drawing and quartering was still an option. After a fair trial, of course.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: April 01, 2016, 10:39:13 pm »

oil industry is shady. who knew. more news at 11.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: April 02, 2016, 01:01:16 am »

So apparently he thinks it's IMPORTANT INFORMATION that we know someone in the election was using her service?

What difference, at this point, does it make?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: April 02, 2016, 01:08:10 am »

Will it be Donald Trump or Ted Cruz who will be smeared with this?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15805 on: April 02, 2016, 01:14:59 am »

So apparently he thinks it's IMPORTANT INFORMATION that we know someone in the election was using her service?

What difference, at this point, does it make?
sexiboi jokes

endlessly

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: April 02, 2016, 08:39:50 am »

Dont worry, the Bataan death march of how many emails the old person sent from her blackberry will still have 100 FBI agents covering around the clock.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #15807 on: April 02, 2016, 09:11:32 am »

And another title change!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #15808 on: April 02, 2016, 09:34:52 am »

The duck is DC Madam?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15809 on: April 02, 2016, 10:02:59 am »

Dont worry, the Bataan death march of how many emails the old person sent from her blackberry will still have 100 FBI agents covering around the clock.
What does this mean

Explain as you would to a chatbot
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1342