Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546721 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #15735 on: March 30, 2016, 01:03:12 am »

So apparently Trump won't support another Republican candidate if they get the nomination and neither Kasich nor Cruz will give a clear answer to that question. GOP breakup when?

Which is smart for him, even if he intends to "change his mind" later. He's holding the moderates hostage.

I think the key is that Republicans need an alternative, and nobody left in the race is really appealing to most republican voters. Let's go over the list: Trump, who's a proud sociopath, Cruz, who in any other election would be a dangerous radical, Bernie Sanders, who's the Jewish Stalin if you ask some Americans, and finally Hillary, who aside from any material complaints is second only to Obama in being a pure lightning rod of hate.

Without a substantial split like Kaisich v. Trump or something, I worry that the party will agglomerate in 2020 like a troll reattaching its' severed arm.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15736 on: March 30, 2016, 02:01:01 am »

Ahaha.

When Mr. Cooper asked if Mr. Trump had ever apologized for anything, he replied, “Oh, wow. I don’t know. I’ll think. Can I think?”

He added, “I do believe in apologizing if you’re wrong.” And then conceded, “I apologize to my wife for not being presidential on occasion.”
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15737 on: March 30, 2016, 02:52:07 am »

So apparently Trump won't support another Republican candidate if they get the nomination and neither Kasich nor Cruz will give a clear answer to that question. GOP breakup when?

Which is smart for him, even if he intends to "change his mind" later. He's holding the moderates hostage.

I think the key is that Republicans need an alternative, and nobody left in the race is really appealing to most republican voters. Let's go over the list: Trump, who's a proud sociopath, Cruz, who in any other election would be a dangerous radical, Bernie Sanders, who's the Jewish Stalin if you ask some Americans, and finally Hillary, who aside from any material complaints is second only to Obama in being a pure lightning rod of hate.

Without a substantial split like Kaisich v. Trump or something, I worry that the party will agglomerate in 2020 like a troll reattaching its' severed arm.

Didn't they all swear an oath to support the nominee?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15738 on: March 30, 2016, 03:05:25 am »

What he did fits the legal definition of battery.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29#United_States

Which matters how much if it doesn't end up in a law court?

Most people who are going to care will already be anti-trump, I doubt many trump supporters will care & in a week or so the majority of people will just forget it even happened.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15739 on: March 30, 2016, 03:54:08 am »

You forgot about Poland Kasich.  Which pretty much sums up the problems of the republican party.  The man has broad appeal in the republican party, represents the views of the party well and it doesn't even occur to party elites that maybe he could get some votes and at least give the party a voice at it's own convention.  I dont know which possibility is worse, either they are so scared by Trump they can't even think to throw Kasich a bone or the republican party really is a lost cause and they shouldn't try.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15740 on: March 30, 2016, 05:05:40 am »

I don't know if the North Carolina thing has been brought up, but I am totally baffled how people are able to say "Thanks for standing up for all of us!" when the legislation McRory passed is standing against very specific groups.

"Thanks for standing up for all North Carolinans! Except, you know, the gay/transgender ones. But aside from that, perfect!"

Doublethink is real. :-\
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15741 on: March 30, 2016, 06:20:27 am »

What he did fits the legal definition of battery.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29#United_States

Which matters how much if it doesn't end up in a law court?

Most people who are going to care will already be anti-trump, I doubt many trump supporters will care & in a week or so the majority of people will just forget it even happened.

... and none of that was a point I made. What I said was in response to someone putting 'battery' in scare-quotes, implying there was no battery. Scare quotes only add to confusion when the thing in question literally matches the verbatim definition of the thing. We should at least get our facts straight before making judgements one way or another.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15743 on: March 30, 2016, 07:00:30 am »

Didn't they all swear an oath to support the nominee?
Not legally binding est :P

Most oaths aren't, really. So they matter roughly as much as the integrity of the oathmaker and the extent other people care about the lack thereof. For current state of both, please consider the progression 2016 republican primaries.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15744 on: March 30, 2016, 09:23:11 am »

Oh FFS, Trump is saying the reporters pen could have been a bomb or some shit.

Sounds like he's watched too many movies....

Also found this: http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/03/30/cops-teen-sexually-assaulted-pepper-sprayed-at-trump-rally.html
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:25:47 am by smjjames »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15745 on: March 30, 2016, 12:25:11 pm »

Oh FFS, Trump is saying the reporters pen could have been a bomb or some shit.

Sounds like he's watched too many movies....

Also found this: http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/03/30/cops-teen-sexually-assaulted-pepper-sprayed-at-trump-rally.html

Also heard reports she was actually 19, not 15, and obviously based on that video she initiated any violence there. The groping is questionable, but that crowd is pretty well packed together. People are going to brush up against each other unintentionally.

Although the fact that it went straight from a light shove to pepper spray is probably undue escalation. But still, fault on both parties there.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15746 on: March 30, 2016, 12:28:51 pm »

obviously based on that video she initiated any violence there.
What? Did we watch the same video?
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15747 on: March 30, 2016, 12:37:29 pm »

> battery

"But if I can't batter the women how the fuck am I supposed to bake them a cake then?" - Eminem

I wonder if Eminem is Donald Trump's favorite artist. Seems like he ought to like the lyrics etc etc.

Although I think Marilyn Manson's We're From America should be his theme song:

Quote from: Excerpts from We're From America
We don't believe in credibility
Because we're know that we're fucking incredible
We don't like to kill our unborn
We need them to grow up and fight our wars
We believe in everything we say
We say it because we believe it
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15748 on: March 30, 2016, 02:35:10 pm »

obviously based on that video she initiated any violence there.
What? Did we watch the same video?

Here are some not-shit ones. Sluissa has the right of it, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg_cuODF5rU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO3I5VBEE_4

The relevant bit in the second one starts at 1:15 or so.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:37:50 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1342