Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548411 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #15525 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:40 pm »

For me, Valkyries usually have winged helmets, I think.

Not much to talk about right now I guess what with the derail.

I was going to say the same thing.

Also:
https://www.change.org/p/quicken-loans-arena-allow-open-carry-of-firearms-at-the-quicken-loans-arena-during-the-rnc-convention-in-july-2

Regardless of your political beliefs, you should find something funny about this.

That seems like a REALLY REALLY BAD idea.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15526 on: March 25, 2016, 08:11:31 pm »

Quote from: petition
The policies of the Quicken Loans Arena do not supersede the rights given to us by our Creator in the U.S. Constitution.
This is a masterful piece of trolling. 10/10; would encourage the creation of pointlessly dangerous situations again.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15527 on: March 25, 2016, 08:13:46 pm »

I'm just curious, how did she take it? Valkyrie-as-idealized-male-woman kind of thing?
Mostly she thought I just called her fat. It sort of touched a soft spot of hers.
*snrk*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15528 on: March 25, 2016, 08:16:46 pm »

I was going to say the same thing.

Also:
https://www.change.org/p/quicken-loans-arena-allow-open-carry-of-firearms-at-the-quicken-loans-arena-during-the-rnc-convention-in-july-2

Regardless of your political beliefs, you should find something funny about this.
How much security and police would be present? How much damage could a mass murdered or political partisan or terrorist do under the auspices of a guarded location full of loads of people (and important people) vs the damage that would be caused in the event of some accident or argument (which in a political environment = mandatory) means turning into lots of panicked / angry people with guns trapped in a small space?
Well, forgetting the threat they could pose to one another, what are the odds of an armed Murrican freedoming a candidate (not as a premeditated act, but as a passion killing motivated by someone saying something that hits a nerve)?

Other cities that were considered as host include Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver, Kansas City, Las Vegas and Phoenix. The hosting job was highly sought after. Aside from the prestige, the event is expected to generate in excess of $400 million to the local economy.

Columbus and Phoenix were eliminated on April 2, 2014 after preliminary review. Cincinnati and Las Vegas, meanwhile, withdrew on May 22, 2014. On June 25, 2014, the Republican National Committee announced that the cities of Cleveland and Dallas would continue to the final round of consideration to host the 2016 Convention. The recommendation to select 'Cleveland 2016' was made following a final review by RNC' site selection committee on July 8, 2014.

[Trump and the Republican Convention]
Talk of a brokered or contested convention is fast gaining popularity these days owing to the remarkably good performances of Donald Trump in the Republican primaries. The prospect of the businessman winning the Republican presidential nomination has spooked the Republican orthodoxy, leading to a strategic rethink on alternative solutions to prevent his nomination. Even 2012 Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney was roped in to assist in dampening Trump’s momentum.

A brokered or contested GOP convention would be the single largest political event in television and internet history. Reporters, media outlets and political junkies would probably trade their soul just to see it happen in their lifetime. It is worth noting though that discussions about a contested or brokered convention have in fact been circulating since December 2015, before the primary process even begun!
http://2016.republican-convention.org/
I do like how your politics is self funding, that's pretty neat

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15529 on: March 25, 2016, 08:19:15 pm »

Also in general, even if we assume no one kills anyone, someone accidentally discharging a weapon that kills no one could nonetheless cause a panic or a crush in the stadium, which I imagine would kill more than anything short of a Paris

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15530 on: March 25, 2016, 08:24:42 pm »

I think you guys are missing the point.  The policy is supposed to be obviously bad.  It's meant to be a comparison to open carry laws in other places.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15531 on: March 25, 2016, 08:26:39 pm »

And then theres the general security concerns as well, like protecting the candidates. Secret Service would be all NOPE!NOPE!NOPE!NOPE!NOPE!NOPE! in that gun filled situation.

Not sure if Ted Cruz and Kasich have secret service protection though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:28:15 pm by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15532 on: March 25, 2016, 08:34:20 pm »

And then theres the general security concerns as well, like protecting the candidates. Secret Service would be all NOPE!NOPE!NOPE!NOPE!NOPE!NOPE! in that gun filled situation.

They could put the candidates in those pope bubbles that stop bullets dead

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15533 on: March 25, 2016, 08:37:46 pm »

They could put the candidates in those pope bubbles that stop bullets dead

You mean plexiglass?

It'd have to be like a suit of plexiglass in order to retain their mobility. Somewhat. And it'd probably be heavy as hell.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15534 on: March 25, 2016, 08:42:35 pm »

On the plus side you wouldn't be able to hear anything they say.  On the minus side you would still be able to see them.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15535 on: March 25, 2016, 08:50:10 pm »

On the plus side you wouldn't be able to hear anything they say.  On the minus side you would still be able to see them.
Now I'm imagining a plexiglass cage match, with the survivor getting the nomination.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15536 on: March 25, 2016, 08:57:22 pm »

breaking news all of the republican party's presidential candidates gunned down in hail of automatic weapons fire at debate. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15537 on: March 25, 2016, 08:59:50 pm »

Now I'm imagining a plexiglass cage match, with the survivor getting the nomination.
MaximumZero for President 2016. Except I'm not old enough yet. I'll be RedKing's VP.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15538 on: March 25, 2016, 09:11:38 pm »

MaximumZero for President 2016. Except I'm not old enough yet. I'll be RedKing's VP.
I didn't think I was old enough, but then I discovered that:

1. The minimum is 35, not 45.
2. My SO is older than Rubio *and* Cruz.

Next Presidential election, there will likely be some young punk (i.e. younger than me) running. Damn candidates, GET OFF MAH LAWN

It'd have to be like a suit of plexiglass in order to retain their mobility. Somewhat. And it'd probably be heavy as hell.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15539 on: March 25, 2016, 09:14:55 pm »

someone needs to give that guy trumps hair.
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1342