Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548200 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #14865 on: March 16, 2016, 09:41:36 pm »

Lena Dunham is another obvious one, though she's a liberal darling so everyone will rush to defend her despite her own accounts of sickening behaviour

She was like 7 years old at the time and touched her younger sister. If you can't tell the difference between that and the actions of an adult pedophile, you have issues. Perhaps the reason that people rush to dismiss (not defend) the actions is that a 7 year old doesn't have the first clue about sexuality or personal boundaries.

Again, the issue isn't that this happened, it's that she had the gall to talk about it. Kids do this shit all the time. It's the talking about it that's taboo.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:46:19 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14866 on: March 16, 2016, 09:46:03 pm »

Salon is a paedophilia-apologist rag, and that's putting it politely.

That is putting it both rudely and falsely.

Salon is a "rag" that expressed sympathy for someone with pedophile impulses who did not commit pedophilia and condemned the act of pedophilia.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lol

She was like 7 years old at the time and touched her younger sister. If you can't tell the difference between that and the actions of an adult pedophile, you have issues. Perhaps the reason that people rush to dismiss (not defend) the actions is that a 7 year old doesn't have the first clue about sexuality or personal boundaries.
Again, the issue isn't that this happened, it's that she had the gall to talk about it. Kids do this shit all the time. It's the talking about it that's taboo.
Yep the issue is definitely not sexually assaulting a younger sibling it's that people talk bad about it and they're the ones that really have issues, how dare they judge it's 2016
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:48:43 pm by Loud Whispers »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14867 on: March 16, 2016, 09:51:47 pm »

You're not getting the concept of a 7 year olds understanding of the world. A 7 year old usually has no concept of inappropriate touch even if it happens to themselves, so how are they going to have a concept of personal boundaries or sexuality whatsoever?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:53:48 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14868 on: March 16, 2016, 09:53:27 pm »

Could we change the topic back to politics?......

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14869 on: March 16, 2016, 09:54:59 pm »

Could we change the topic back to politics?......
Please.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14870 on: March 16, 2016, 10:26:34 pm »

Lol

A truly eloquent argument against trial by jury.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14871 on: March 16, 2016, 10:27:35 pm »

So how about them delegates amirite

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14872 on: March 16, 2016, 10:44:14 pm »

So how about them delegates

The shift to winner takes all by congressional district in the later half of the primaries might give the republicans a chance to stop Trump.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14873 on: March 16, 2016, 10:48:02 pm »

Now the question is what are they planning to do if they succeed

Otherwise it's not a very good plan if their only success stems from failing

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14874 on: March 16, 2016, 10:52:08 pm »

Now the question is what are they planning to do if they succeed

Otherwise it's not a very good plan if their only success stems from failing

The convention is just the last ditch attempt to stop Trump, Cruz wants to fight it out in the ballots first.

I tried to contribute seriously, but 'A chance to stop Trump' just conjures up images of him as some sort of immense kaiju heading toward the nuclear stockpile, about to chow down on spent rods so he can evolve into his FINAL FORM.

And that's when I realised exactly how we could defeat ISIS.

lol.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14875 on: March 16, 2016, 11:01:50 pm »

When you guys talk about delegates, keep in mind that Trump has won a smaller percentage of delegates then Clinton.  Imagine if Clinton (53% vs. 57%).  If Clinton failed to get a majority of delegates, people wouldn't be talking about her having the popular will, they would talk about how her support collapsed in the second half of the nomination and Sanders surged.  Trump failing to get a majority of the delegates would be something similar, with either Cruz or Kasich surging.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14876 on: March 16, 2016, 11:05:17 pm »

I would pay to see Trump's hair metamorphose into Mothra

When you guys talk about delegates, keep in mind that Trump has won a smaller percentage of delegates then Clinton.  Imagine if Clinton (53% vs. 57%).  If Clinton failed to get a majority of delegates, people wouldn't be talking about her having the popular will, they would talk about how her support collapsed in the second half of the nomination and Sanders surged.  Trump failing to get a majority of the delegates would be something similar, with either Cruz or Kasich surging.
Yeah but the news has been talking pretty consistently the last year of how Trump's totally slowing down now, totally, gonna stop any time soon just you watch, this time is the real time e.t.c.
Not had much of an effect
Narrative magic works, but it's not the only thing at work

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14877 on: March 16, 2016, 11:08:45 pm »

I'm talking conditional events.  If Trump already has a majority before the delegation, then blocking the nomination isn't a possibility.  So if we are talking about blocking Trump, we are necessarily considering a situation where Trump support falls off in the next month and either Cruz or Kasich takes the lead.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14878 on: March 16, 2016, 11:26:50 pm »

Wikipedia has this to say:
According to rule number 40 of the RNC rules a candidate must demonstrate the support of a majority in at least eight state delegations before his name is presented for nomination,[5] but this rule may be changed for the 2016 convention.[6] A state is often referred to as "won" by a candidate if a plurality of the states delegates are bound to him, but for the state to count as one of the eight a majority of the states delegates has to be reached. Convention rules are based on delegates won, and not the popular vote. In the context of Republican primaries, the term 'states' refers collectively to states, federal districts and territories, altogether 56, rather than the actual 50 states alone.

HMMMM.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14879 on: March 16, 2016, 11:27:58 pm »

There's a difference between Cruz and Kasich taking the lead, and Trump not getting the magic number of 1237 while still retaining a large lead over his rivals.

If the primaries start to go the other way, and Cruz or Kasich end up with more delegates than Trump as we roll into the convention, I'll be amazed, but I'd accept it gracefully. But if Trump walks into that convention with the most delegates out of all the nominees, and doesn't walk out of it with the nomination, then it starts to get a little ripe, and it only gets riper the more of a lead he walked into it with.
Unless they nominate Ron Paul 2012+4
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1342