Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548242 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #14760 on: March 16, 2016, 11:02:12 am »

In June 1992, Biden said that if a Supreme Court justice was to step down, H.W. Bush should refrain from sending a nominees to the Senate before the election, because any confirlation hearing would end up as partisan bickering.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14761 on: March 16, 2016, 11:05:40 am »

"You need to look as stupid and creepy-uncle as possible so that you can pull a fast one on your last day in office and usher in a new thousand year empire!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: March 16, 2016, 11:07:34 am »

Despite what he said in that speech, Biden didn't block Bush the Elder's nominee. He could have, but he didn't.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14763 on: March 16, 2016, 11:08:43 am »

On the one hand, that Garland fellow look like a good nominee. On the other hand, I cannot wait to see Ivanka Trump's Senate hearing.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: March 16, 2016, 11:15:51 am »

Previous statements by McConnnell and most of the Republican nominees indicates they will not give this guy a confirmation hearing while Obama is still in office.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: March 16, 2016, 11:18:21 am »

I'd like to see change. And if we're going to change as a country,  I'd like to see the kind of change espoused by Sen. Sanders.
Fields of cotton picked by those horrible entitled white people in service of those poor downtrodden blacks?
Because clearly the only way to make things better is to redo the atrocities of the past as a photo negative...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:19:59 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: March 16, 2016, 11:36:59 am »

Despite what he said in that speech, Biden didn't block Bush the Elder's nominee. He could have, but he didn't.
Out of curiosity, which 1992 nomination was that?  Clarence Thomas was nominated and confirmed by October 1991, well before this speech in June 1992 or the 1992 election season that is making the present nomination process in the 2016 election season so acrimonious, and in spite of talk, Byron White did not retire until 1993 and the Clinton administration.  I'm not sure that Biden's speech applies to anything more than a hypothetical that did not at the time become practice.

EDIT: Nominated by, not nominated in.  My apologies.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:40:37 am by Culise »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: March 16, 2016, 11:58:45 am »

I'd like to see change. And if we're going to change as a country,  I'd like to see the kind of change espoused by Sen. Sanders.
Fields of cotton picked by those horrible entitled white people in service of those poor downtrodden blacks?
Because clearly the only way to make things better is to redo the atrocities of the past as a photo negative...
what is this I don't even...

That's not even a strawman, it's like a Wicker Man with a couple of pieces of straw held on with crazy glue.  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14768 on: March 16, 2016, 12:03:04 pm »

That's not even a strawman, it's like a Wicker Man with a couple of pieces of straw held on with crazy glue.  ???
I realized he was wearing a tin foil hat with the "Hillary literally wants to start WW3" post a couple of pages back, tbh. I mean, there are plenty of good reasons to dislike Hillary as a candidate, but he might be too busy running away from black helicopters to have researched them.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: March 16, 2016, 12:06:50 pm »

Nah, pretty sure he just drew a stickman and gave it angry eyebrows.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14770 on: March 16, 2016, 12:07:20 pm »

Bernie Sanders only wants to enslave the white race until he has completed a great Temple of Baal in Washington DC. It is only then and there that he can cure himself of the blood curse placed on him by the Dark One, Hillary Clinton. It's completely temporary, a couple of weeks at most.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14771 on: March 16, 2016, 12:22:49 pm »

So he *is* a child-sacrificing Caananite!
I owe mainiac an apology.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14772 on: March 16, 2016, 12:27:07 pm »

Better Baal than Moloch, still not voting Clinton.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: March 16, 2016, 12:46:33 pm »

Well I guess we can spend all day going on about Trump turning into Literal Hitler, but taking Bernie, Bay12s Apparent Waifu to a similar illogical conclusion is totally off base.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14774 on: March 16, 2016, 12:48:18 pm »

Meh.  It's one thing to promise to fight institutional racism.  It's another to say that white people can't understand the issue.

And of course what Sanders *technically* said was plain idiotic and offensive.  But he actually only meant to be divisive on race, and pander...  I don't like it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 1342