Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 978 979 [980] 981 982 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548678 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #14685 on: March 15, 2016, 08:42:56 pm »

Most states from here on out are winner-take-all.

Winner take all is good for him.  It gives him a chance to rack up large numbers of delegates in a hurry if he does somehow get a surge of support.  Compare that to Sanders where he could easily win every remaining state and still be way behind because of the lead Clinton has at this point.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14686 on: March 15, 2016, 08:50:07 pm »

What's with all of Trumps incest comments? I just came across these right now. The guy really has no filter on that mouth or sense of normal decency. (paraphrasing): "yeah, I'd totally bang my hot daughter if we weren't blood related", which he's been more or less continuously saying since she was 21. Waiting for Trump the Anime, where he discovers she's not really blood related.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14687 on: March 15, 2016, 08:51:32 pm »

Do you mean Trump the hentai?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14688 on: March 15, 2016, 08:58:16 pm »

What's with all of Trumps incest comments? I just came across these right now. The guy really has no filter on that mouth or sense of normal decency. (paraphrasing): "yeah, I'd totally bang my hot daughter if we weren't blood related", which he's been more or less continuously saying since she was 21. Waiting for Trump the Anime, where he discovers she's not really blood related.

That's a tabloid type 'news' page and I'm pretty sure you know what Hollywood is.

Did you even look at the front page of the place, it's clearly a tabloid site.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14689 on: March 15, 2016, 09:00:11 pm »

I linked that because it contained an overview of the issue. There are separate links for the comments from the original sources if you really want them: video from The View, Rolling Stone interview etc. Every comment is sourced to an actual publication, plus videos of him saying it (Daily Show and The View).

If they're citing actual sources, and you can view those videos or read the interview in Rolling Stone to check it, why should it matter what site it was on. They're saying he said these things, purely because he's kept saying these things over a 13 year period. That speaks for itself and needs no spin.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:04:29 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14690 on: March 15, 2016, 09:05:07 pm »

It seems to be some wierd joke that he does and Ivanka hasn't said anything about it.

Also, I wonder why none of his opponents or the Democrats have used those words against him, yet, AFAIK, because that's a pretty damaging thing for Trump. Then again, his supporters probably wouldn't give a damn.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:08:45 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14691 on: March 15, 2016, 09:15:47 pm »

Also, I wonder why none of his opponents or the Democrats have used those words against him, yet

Never interfere with an enemy when he’s in the process of destroying himself.

The democrats are stockpiling their ammo until June 8th.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14692 on: March 15, 2016, 09:19:45 pm »

Coming soon from trump anime twitter: My Grown Daughter Can't Possibly Be This Hot.

Synopsis: A filterless presidential candidate has to move back in with his daughter due to circumstances. A bog standard set of harem anime shenanigans happen which puts him in increasingly lewd situations throughout the season. An obsessed fanbase buys the figurines, tshirts, posters, buttons, and uncensored blu-ray discs, ensuring the continuing degeneration of any artistic merits as the merchandising becomes the only profitable portion, ensuring that only complete pandering is the way to go about business as usual.

... It kind of works as a critique of both anime and Trump supporters. :O
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14693 on: March 15, 2016, 09:22:05 pm »

Oh Armok why.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14694 on: March 15, 2016, 09:23:18 pm »

Hey RedKing, how'd you go on the ballot issue? I voted against it on the basis that the current administration probably would take the 2 billion from the non-UNC section of the education budget.
I voted against the bond (which is RARE for me). Two billion is a shitload of money, and I don't feel like they explained very clearly what it would be used for, nor do I feel there's sufficient oversight of the spending. And this legislature has shown a penchant for funnelling tax dollars to their buddies by legislatively requiring state agencies to outsource their operations in no-bid contracts to their fucking campaign donors. It's robber baron conservatism.

But it pass with a 2-1 margin. Now I really hope there's a blue tide that floats these red turds out of Raleigh and leaves a Democratic legislature with two billion in voter-approved funds to rebuild the state.

EDIT: Also, Orange County is a lone spot of Sanders blue turf in a sea of Clinton drab in North Carolina. I am glad to be part of the ~600 vote margin that he won by here. (Well, thanks to me and a crapton of students in Chapel Hill).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:31:32 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14696 on: March 15, 2016, 09:35:34 pm »

Unfortunate. :(

It's a bi-annual tradition.  How would we know there is an election without voter disenfranchisement?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14698 on: March 15, 2016, 09:37:08 pm »

Taken completely literally, it does have a sort of logic; If she weren't blood related, there'd likely be no westermark effect, and thus no reason to not have relations (aside from the age gap, but doesn't every old man want a young woman?).  In context though, I think it just means Trump hired people to raise his kids and he just didn't see them much at all.

Unrelatedly, I watched Trump's address to Florida.  The man is an amazing speaker--even if I do disagree with what he says, credit where credit's due.  Also, that smug grin of his makes him look like he's gonna unhinge his jaw and swallow someone whole.  Maybe the guy to his right, in the yellow tie--he strikes me as a cannibal.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14699 on: March 15, 2016, 09:39:11 pm »

Some evidence of strategic voting in NC. Cruz isn't winning in the rural, Bible-thumping counties you'd expect, he's winning in relatively urban college counties like Buncombe, Watauga, Guilford, Orange, Durham and Wake.

Kasich did surprisingly well in Mecklenburg (Charlotte). The financial industry knows which side of their bread is buttered...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 978 979 [980] 981 982 ... 1342