Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545152 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #14565 on: March 14, 2016, 09:04:38 pm »

Mountain Dew is 2 years older then Bernie Sanders, the oldest candidate.  Given that Sanders appeals to young voters, it seems logical that Mountain Dew would have an extra two years appeal to young voters.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #14566 on: March 14, 2016, 09:19:37 pm »

I'd vote for the mountain dew/doritos ticket.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14567 on: March 14, 2016, 09:20:39 pm »

Who cares about Trumperica? Let's run this place into the ground as Mountain Dew Xtremica™.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14568 on: March 14, 2016, 10:34:34 pm »

And we're right back to Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for president.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14569 on: March 14, 2016, 10:44:19 pm »

Mountain Dew for President would be like the Dog Ending in Undertale, nobody knows how it happened but everybody is happy.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14570 on: March 14, 2016, 11:30:45 pm »

A NC sheriff is looking into making charges of 'inciting a riot' against Trump and his campaign

An idiot punching someone does not make a riot, but still....

And of course, the sheriff is a democrat, so his supporters will definetly cry 'POLITICAL AGENDA!'

[warning: while you were typing, 6 replies have been made] lol me.

About this: They decided not to file charges because there wasn't evidence to support it (the standard is pretty high).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14571 on: March 15, 2016, 02:20:21 am »

(removed)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:17:38 am by Toady One »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #14572 on: March 15, 2016, 02:33:28 am »

what

let's just start with the fact that the reason Trump is bad for America is because his brand of populism is exactly what you're -

wait, wait. Probably a troll or, hopefully, just being sarcastic, right?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:35:23 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14573 on: March 15, 2016, 02:58:09 am »

what

let's just start with the fact that the reason Trump is bad for America is because his brand of populism is exactly what you're -

wait, wait. Probably a troll or, hopefully, just being sarcastic, right?

Partly trolling... and partly reminiscing, and wishing that we could resurrect Marcus Aurelius Flavius Claudius and let him rule the earth until the end of time. Wasn't completely jesting about my disdain for democracy- but I don't think any human is fit to do the job.  ;D
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14574 on: March 15, 2016, 05:04:55 am »

So my 7 year old just inspired an interesting question.  Could a hive mind be elected president?
I mean, a government ruled by the hive mind of all its citizen might be pretty close to an ideal democracy.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14575 on: March 15, 2016, 05:35:49 am »

Bah. What is a hivemind? The mean of all its citizens- a pre-defined 'average' of their opinions and interests? And how does that bode any better than the flipping and flopping between one party and another? Furthermore, how would that bode for the individuals, and individual arguments that, in accordance to the constitution, may be quantitatively more valid than others?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14576 on: March 15, 2016, 05:44:09 am »

Bah. What is a hivemind? The mean of all its citizens- a pre-defined 'average' of their opinions and interests? And how does that bode any better than the flipping and flopping between one party and another? Furthermore, how would that bode for the individuals, and individual arguments that, in accordance to the constitution, may be quantitatively more valid than others?
I don't think we can actually have a sane form of government when people have free will.

And yet, anarchy sucks.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14577 on: March 15, 2016, 05:51:35 am »

I don't think we can actually have a sane form of government when people have free will.

And yet, anarchy sucks.

Good, good... but freewill in and of itself isn't problematic, so long as it doesn't bias the system. What we need, is a quantitative, logical system to constitute the basis for legislative and judicial processes, which, with that  foundation, are best 'governed'- or better said, computed, by an AI with basic min-archist and socially tolerant parameters, leaving executive privilege to those with the freewill to enforce it, and intervening only where fundamental principles are violated.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14578 on: March 15, 2016, 08:37:38 am »

It's Sorta-Super Tuesday, bitches!

On the slate today, key battleground States including Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, and the Great(est) State of North Carolina!

At stake, 792 delegates for the Democrats, all awarded proportionately.

For the Republicans, it's:
Florida -- 99 delegates, winner-take-all
Illinois-- 69 delegates, proportional
Missouri-- 52, winner-take-all
Ohio-- 66 delegates, winner-take-all
North Carolina-- 72 delegates, proportional
Northern Marianas Islands-- 9 delegates and a bottle of coconut rum, winner-take-all

Because of the WTA nature of the contest, it's pretty much do-or-die for Kasich in Ohio and Rubio in Florida. And indirectly, Ted "Not The Zodiac Killer" Cruz needs at least one of them to survive. If Trump takes both Ohio and Florida, that's an extra 165 delegates, which makes it tougher to catch Trump.

Based on current polling, tonight is Marco Rubio's swan song, as Trump is projected to win Florida. Ohio is much closer, with a slight Kasich lead. Now....if Rubio drops and Kasich remains...first, we're *all* screwed in the Republican Hunger Games (though me less than all ye of little faith in Gov. K), and second...does Rubio endorse Kasich and finally produce the establishment unity candidate?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14579 on: March 15, 2016, 08:49:30 am »

Good, good... but freewill in and of itself isn't problematic, so long as it doesn't bias the system. What we need, is a quantitative, logical system to constitute the basis for legislative and judicial processes, which, with that  foundation, are best 'governed'- or better said, computed, by an AI with basic min-archist and socially tolerant parameters, leaving executive privilege to those with the freewill to enforce it, and intervening only where fundamental principles are violated.

How about we just crowd source it?  Create a system that reflects the desires of the general population but has the standards set by a set of full time advocates who can negotiate over the particulars and leaves the actual implementation to a experts in the various topics?

(though me less than all ye of little faith in Gov. K), and second...does Rubio endorse Kasich and finally produce the establishment unity candidate?

On the other hand if you just swapped Kaisich and Santorum, my predictions would be amazing.

I probably wouldn't have made the rules like this if I had any clue that the race would stay open this long.  It's very unusual to have this many candidates this far into the race.  My thoughts were that most misses would only be by like a couple of weeks at most.  The only way to miss by months was supposed to be missing the early predictions which are the easiest because of fewer butterflies.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:52:49 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1342