Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546421 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #14235 on: March 12, 2016, 12:14:48 pm »

Since it's apparently really easy to outright prevent a Trump rally from happening expect a lot more protests of his speeches in future.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14236 on: March 12, 2016, 12:17:40 pm »

Let me just muster all the sympathy I have for the fascist who has explicitly encouraged his supporters to act violently at rallies in the past.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:19:33 pm by Leafsnail »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: March 12, 2016, 12:18:37 pm »

This one was probably made easier to stop by being right in the middle of a university.

edit: Grammatological fix
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:53:32 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: March 12, 2016, 12:31:06 pm »

It was pretty clear that they didn't have control of the situation last night, at least initially.

That's not the impression I got.  Three injuries and five arrests isn't exactly a full blown riot.  More like a slow night after a football game.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: March 12, 2016, 02:34:43 pm »

obviously its all Obamas fault guys! ::)
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio said the president should bear some responsibility for the increasingly hostile tensions in the country.

"We are being ripped apart as a nation," he told Fox News's Megyn Kelly. "The president bears some responsibility for some of his rhetoric. People are angry.

i do like this quote though. Obama like, seriously people! did you not expect this!
Quote from: Obama
"We're shocked someone is fanning anti-immigrant or anti-Muslim sentiment! ... We're shocked! We're shocked that someone could be loose with the facts. Or distort someone's record. Shocked!" he said. "How could you be shocked? This was the guy who was sure I was born in Kenya. And wasn't letting go ... As long as it was being directed at me they were fine with it. It was a hoot ... and suddenly they're shocked!"
http://www.npr.org/2016/03/11/470154065/donald-trump-rally-in-chicago-canceled-amid-widespread-protests

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: March 12, 2016, 03:36:45 pm »

I was checking out the top 50 songs on SoundCloud this week, and this came up at #3 with just over 37 million views.

my soul hurts because this exists :'(

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14242 on: March 12, 2016, 04:20:03 pm »

obviously its all Obamas fault guys! ::)
I'm sure Obama can fix it

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio said the president should bear some responsibility for the increasingly hostile tensions in the country.
"We are being ripped apart as a nation," he told Fox News's Megyn Kelly. "The president bears some responsibility for some of his rhetoric. People are angry.
i do like this quote though. Obama like, seriously people! did you not expect this!
Quote from: Obama
"We're shocked someone is fanning anti-immigrant or anti-Muslim sentiment! ... We're shocked! We're shocked that someone could be loose with the facts. Or distort someone's record. Shocked!" he said. "How could you be shocked? This was the guy who was sure I was born in Kenya. And wasn't letting go ... As long as it was being directed at me they were fine with it. It was a hoot ... and suddenly they're shocked!"
http://www.npr.org/2016/03/11/470154065/donald-trump-rally-in-chicago-canceled-amid-widespread-protests
AW YEAH GET ANGRY GET HYPE
What is everyone getting angry about this time? Loads of reasons?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: March 12, 2016, 04:29:01 pm »

I've always thought Obama was pretty charismatic and likable from a personal point of view, but I think I like "lame duck, don't give a fuck" Obama even more... I just wish his policies were a bit more likable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14244 on: March 12, 2016, 05:05:42 pm »

Yeah it's really tragic how many politicians are likable as people but as politicians are about as likeable as politicians

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: March 12, 2016, 05:46:40 pm »

That's what happens when presidents are voted for based on "Who would I want to have a beer/conversation with?"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: March 12, 2016, 06:08:22 pm »

That's what happens when presidents are voted for based on "Who would I want to have a beer/conversation with?"

That tends to be the fallback or default for some people.

Anyway [sarcasm]surprise, surprise[/sarcasm], trump goes and says the usual stuff he always does and bashes the protestors and does nothing to tone it down. Plus he's accusing Sanders of riling them up, so, yeah....

Also, I've seen in various places that nobody's seen anything like this in their careers and maybe lifetimes, nothing this bad at least.

And Trump trying to troll the other campaigns in Florida over 'dishonest early voting'

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: March 12, 2016, 06:25:49 pm »

I don't really see how it's Trump's fault that people crashed and ruined his event, then harassed the legitimate attendees and fought with police officers as they were leaving when it was cancelled. It sounds very much like people just don't like Trump, and are willing to overlook what was honestly a pretty shameful display because at the end of the day, it got his event cancelled.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: March 12, 2016, 08:44:25 pm »

Clinton upsets folk re: Regans and AIDS.

Yeah. I'd been planning on posting about this, but didn't have time (and know absolutely nothing about the Reagans, tbh, other than the whole jelly bean thing).

I'm kind of pissed and starting to agree with the people who see Clinton as buddying up with The Dark Side. I'd still rather have her as president than any of the other clowns in this election because she's not Chaotic or Lawful Evil and has some concrete policy plans, but I'd rather get Obama Round 3.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1342