Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1550720 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #13470 on: March 04, 2016, 10:47:58 am »

Yeah I'm from NC too and totally with RedKing on that.  Eegh.
So Bernie vs Trump debate, apparently.

Hosted by Fox, who hates them both.
Is this for real?  I can't find it, just tons of results for a comedy group that's apparently doing fake ones.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: March 04, 2016, 11:19:45 am »

A democratic debate hosted by Fox (or another conservative group, though Hugh Hewitt of Salem Radio has often been a co-host in democratic debates) would be.... interesting for sure. As for MSNBC hosting a republican debate, they sort of did, or rather their sister channel CNBC did and we all saw what a disaster that was.

Theres going to be maybe two more republican debates, one in Miami on the 10th and a possible one on the 21st in Salt Lake City which doesn't seem to have been totally confirmed yet.

Theres four more dem debates, one this sunday (yeah, sunday, though understandably it's within a crowded schedule, but still, why not monday?), one in Miami on the 9th, and two more scheduled, one in April, and one in May.

So, yeah, busy schedule.......

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: March 04, 2016, 02:37:16 pm »

Currently at a Bernie event and he will be here shortly. Trumps ls parked across the street at the airport
 Secret service and such along with a massive line to get in. Seems like it's going to be a good event. No idea what to expect this is the first thing like this I have been to.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #13474 on: March 04, 2016, 04:48:46 pm »

(removed derail)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13475 on: March 04, 2016, 04:53:43 pm »

(removed derail)

Thanks. Some people are just loopy, so..... *shrug*

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13476 on: March 04, 2016, 05:00:37 pm »

Much appreciated.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13477 on: March 04, 2016, 05:50:09 pm »

Carson formally ends his campaign

Also, http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/opinions/president-trump-six-year-old-with-nuclear-weapons-dantonio/?iid=ob_article_organicsidebar_expansion&iref=obnetwork Yeesh, I'd rather have someone calm, cool, and collected, rather than a hothead manning the nuclear button.

*wonders if any past presidents were known to have a temper* (not that it makes it okay).

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13478 on: March 04, 2016, 06:51:00 pm »

LBJ? Nixon? Andrew Jackson? Truman? Teddy Roosevelt?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13479 on: March 04, 2016, 06:54:26 pm »

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: March 04, 2016, 07:26:05 pm »

LBJ? Nixon? Andrew Jackson? Truman? Teddy Roosevelt?
Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson...

"It is a damn poor mind indeed that can think of only one way to spell a word."
I love that they detail a host of ways in which Jackson was an unfit demagogue, and they finish with "He was always fighting....fighting for a better America."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13481 on: March 04, 2016, 07:28:54 pm »

Carson formally ends his campaign

Also, http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/opinions/president-trump-six-year-old-with-nuclear-weapons-dantonio/?iid=ob_article_organicsidebar_expansion&iref=obnetwork Yeesh, I'd rather have someone calm, cool, and collected, rather than a hothead manning the nuclear button.

*wonders if any past presidents were known to have a temper* (not that it makes it okay).
Oh really? I didn't realize he was still in the race. I have, in fact, been talking for several days as if he was not.

Wondering if any Presidents had a temper? I looked this up. From WW2 to now, there have been thirteen presidents: Seven Democrats and Six Republicans.

Roosevelt: All I can find about him is that a judge once said he had a "Second-class intellect, but a first-class temperament". In any case, he was the last President who didn't have access to Nuclear Weapons.
Truman: Apparently had a nasty temper, but was able to control it. Responsible for the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the *not* bombing of Beijing or Pyongyang.
Eisenhower: A huge temper (and ego), but generally kept it to himself (in public, at least).
Kennedy: Apparently a childish temper, which I imagine goes with the philander playboy thing. Handled the Cuban Missile Crisis
LBJ: Strong, vitriolic anger. Compared the Andrew Jackson of all people. Ran against Goldwater with the famous "daisy bomb" nuclear war ad. Escalated the Vietnam war. No notable nuclear incidents.
Nixon: This one is pretty well-known. Massive, paranoid temper. Known for his "Mad man" theory when bombing Vietnam. Opened China. Brought down by his paranoia.
Ford: Generally considered a nice guy, but apparently there is talk that this was not always the case. Also, was the only President to never be elected.
Carter: First President who is still alive, which will limit what is available. Not much about his temper is out there. Introverted? According to Secret Service testimonies, irresponsible with the Nuclear Football.
Reagan: "He had a temper. He didn't get mad lightly, but when he did it was real and hit like lightning..." Practiced brinkmanship in Europe, was president during end of the Cold War.
HW Bush: No record of a temper. Apparently very polite. In my mind, fits the image of the "Stand-up conservative", very old-timey. President for only one term, no brinksmanship in ending Cold War.
Clinton: He and Hill are apparently just generally temperamental people. Oversaw, um... the 90s I guess. This is almost too close to today to get an accurate picture.
W Bush: Used to have a rather serious temper but reined it in before heading to the White House. One or two incidents of him becoming extremely angry in office though. I don't think I need to repeat his term, you guys should at least remember the important parts.
Obama: Generally considered to be the "adult" in the room, although he's had his incidents of sarcastic power. Gets frustrated. As the most recent President, its most difficult to figure out the truth on these matters. At least the Secret Service likes him.

So the answer is the tempers have been associated with a fair number of Presidents, but the general type is a sort of anger that remains under the surface (until it doesn't, and then you better watch out), which makes sense: one would imagine being president requires having some bark as well as bite. Of course, there are different types of tempers, and obviously its fair to say the Nixon's more then got the better of him, so its not much *having* the temper as what that particular temper implies.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:32:00 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13482 on: March 04, 2016, 07:30:54 pm »

Was it Chester A Arthur who got in a drunken brawl on the white house lawn that ended with him trying to strangle the French ambassador's wife to death?

Also, was the only President to never be elected.

No? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vice_Presidents_of_the_United_States#Vice_presidents_who_became_presidents
John Tyler
Millard Fillmore
Andrew Johnson
Chester A. Arthur
Gerald Ford
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:36:55 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13483 on: March 04, 2016, 07:42:18 pm »

-messed up post-
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:44:24 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile