Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545558 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #12870 on: February 29, 2016, 02:06:31 pm »

That's a better guide then what I was reading.  It includes the crucial information that some states after March 14th have proportional awards.  In particular New York is proportional, which is bad for Trump because he probably was going to win there so proportional will dilute his victory.  Trump will probably pull less then half in North Carolina and Utah which are proportional.  Rhode Island will probably go for Trump but he probably wont break 50% (unless it's down to 2 candidates by then).
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12871 on: February 29, 2016, 02:13:04 pm »

Also, 538 made a new delegate tracker thing, which is nice to be able to look at the data in a meaningful way: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/republicans/

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #12872 on: February 29, 2016, 02:20:19 pm »

Rubio doesn't really rustle very much. He's just a boring asshole.

Honestly, so far Rubio's my favourite Republican just because he doesn't look like he's going to have a heart attack on election day or act like he's going to pilot the US toward hell at top speed.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12873 on: February 29, 2016, 02:28:28 pm »

Yeah, Rubio is the candidate for those who prefer a slow and steady course to hell.  :)

Also, 538 made a new delegate tracker thing, which is nice to be able to look at the data in a meaningful way: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/republicans/

So if neither Trump nor Rubio gets 220 delegates tomorrow, we are on course for a brokered convention.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12874 on: February 29, 2016, 02:34:57 pm »

There's only one person I can think of who has the political experience Trump is looking for while also sharing his views and political philosophy:

(The image is a link: The guy who made the image is selling posters of it and stuff! No, I don't know them.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12875 on: February 29, 2016, 02:42:34 pm »

So if neither Trump nor Rubio gets 220 delegates tomorrow, we are on course for a brokered convention.

An unconventional convention.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12876 on: February 29, 2016, 02:43:44 pm »

Cruz is going to get a sizeable chunk from Texas, and it's also possible that none of them will reach their targets or end up splitting it roughly evenly.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12877 on: February 29, 2016, 05:50:15 pm »

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224

For some reason, this article makes me want Trump 2016 to happen.
My expectations for him are at Fallout 5, but maybe he could do better then the status quo.

... Murrica has it coming.  One way or another.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12878 on: February 29, 2016, 06:09:53 pm »

That article is just about as satirical as The Onion, with a bit less making up of stuff.

Not having played the Fallout series, I don't get the reference, besides the whole nuclear wasteland thing, unless you mean like DefCon5

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12879 on: February 29, 2016, 06:11:47 pm »

5th Fallout game is played in real life.  >.>
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12880 on: February 29, 2016, 06:12:14 pm »

> rolling stone
Ah yes, the folks who published a hard-hitting exposé about a fictional rape at a fictional party by a fictional assailant, due to not fact checking literally anything.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12881 on: February 29, 2016, 06:20:44 pm »

He still has to get past Hillary, though it's not 100% certain that he will lose. Though if the republicans splinter hard and/or there are significant defections to Hillary, he may lose anyway. Either way, from the polling, it looks like it would be a close race.

Doubt we'll see a repeat of the 2000 elections though.

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12882 on: February 29, 2016, 06:30:32 pm »

There won't be defections to Hillary. Jim Webb would have gotten defectors, but with Hillary it is an impossibility.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12883 on: February 29, 2016, 06:31:48 pm »

I'm very confident Trump would lose to Hillary. Even if the Republicans don't run an independent against him, he doesn't have enough broad appeal. He would probably pick up some former Sanders supporters, but that'll most likely be balanced by moderate Republicans crossing over to vote for Hillary (who is, really, an old-style moderate centrist/conservative). He's got roughly a third of the Republican base, and he's having a helluva lot of trouble increasing that. Short of the aforementioned 9/11 2: Jet-Fuel Boogaloo, I can't really think of a scenario in which Trump actually wins the Presidency.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12884 on: February 29, 2016, 06:35:45 pm »

Sanders voters...And TRUMP?  You sure?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 1342