Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543751 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #12600 on: February 25, 2016, 12:11:27 pm »

Tellin' yu mang, it's hypno-trump. Neither rays nor wizardry, just hypnotism.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: February 25, 2016, 12:23:22 pm »

This is what his website says about immigration:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

Far and away the biggest red flag I see is ending birthright citizenship. It is a bit silly that simply being born here is enough even if both of your parents aren't citizens (if that is indeed the case) but the way to fix that is not redefining the word citizen.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: February 25, 2016, 12:46:24 pm »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/hispanic-media-republican-debates-219756 Anybody else looking forward to Trump getting mauled on immigration in tonights debate? :)

But...but...he won 62% of the Latino vote in Nevada. He's YUGE with them.

So maybe its 62% of 100 Republican Latinos?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: February 25, 2016, 01:15:37 pm »

Marc Randazza wrote an entertaining, humorous account of his attendance at the Nevada caucuses. Three parts total, Democrats are second and Republicans are third.

https://popehat.com/2016/02/24/marc-randazza-from-the-trenches-at-the-nevada-caucuses-1
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: February 25, 2016, 01:22:37 pm »

It is a bit silly that simply being born here is enough even if both of your parents aren't citizens (if that is indeed the case) but the way to fix that is not redefining the word citizen.
Why? It serves a couple of purposes. The obvious one is to make it simple for people who've lived here their whole lives to be citizens, even if their parents immigrated but never became naturalized for whatever reason. Also, since international law basically deals with stateless folks by sticking its fingers in its ears and shouting "I can't hear you!", it helps reduce the number of people who wind up in that situation. There's probably some more that somebody who cares more can list, but those are the big ones to me.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: February 25, 2016, 01:43:51 pm »

I'm just wondering how obnoxious, misogynous, and racist Trump will go in responding to the Telemundo reporter.

"You could see she had tequila coming out of her eyes, out of her wherever. Total puta."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: February 25, 2016, 02:13:49 pm »

tequila coming out of her eyes, out of her wherever
i'll just say that if i could do that, i would never leave the house
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12607 on: February 25, 2016, 02:19:39 pm »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/hispanic-media-republican-debates-219756 Anybody else looking forward to Trump getting mauled on immigration in tonights debate? :)
Is democrat latino a euphemism for illegal?

*EDIT
I can't find a single oped from any Murrican news sources not in full damage control trying to say you all should dismiss this support
ebin
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:28:48 pm by Loud Whispers »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: February 25, 2016, 02:40:08 pm »

No Latino who is registered as a Democrat voted for Trup in the caucus, as Nevada's caucuses are open only to registered members of the party. On a national level, only 36% claim Republican affiliation, while 62% claim Democrat. Further, in the entrance polls that support Trump's "Overwhelming Latino Support", 0f the 1,573 voters polled, just 8%, or 125, were Hispanic. Of these, 45% (not the 46% Trump claimed in a speech (although this was within acceptable error) or the 67% you are claiming) said they were voting for Trump. This means that the claim is based entirely on 56 people.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: February 25, 2016, 02:43:56 pm »

That is, massively more than expected.  :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: February 25, 2016, 02:47:41 pm »

No Latino who is registered as a Democrat voted for Trup in the caucus, as Nevada's caucuses are open only to registered members of the party. On a national level, only 36% claim Republican affiliation, while 62% claim Democrat. Further, in the entrance polls that support Trump's "Overwhelming Latino Support", 0f the 1,573 voters polled, just 8%, or 125, were Hispanic. Of these, 45% (not the 46% Trump claimed in a speech (although this was within acceptable error) or the 67% you are claiming) said they were voting for Trump. This means that the claim is based entirely on 56 people.

Of the Latinos who voted for him, demographically speaking, I wonder their socio-economic bracket is and how many generations removed they are. I'd be willing to guess that the Latinos that voted for him are from the upper socio-economic strata and are at least 3rd generation and up Latinos. I find hard to believe that a 1st or 2nd generation middle class Latino would have voted for Trump.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: February 25, 2016, 02:54:35 pm »

Hey, if there are self-hating Jews, maybe there are self-hating Latinos. Now the GOP just wants them to be self-deporting as well.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12612 on: February 25, 2016, 03:02:02 pm »

I didn't claim shit m9 read the quotes' authors
Only reason why Latinos wouldn't support Trump because wall is if they have more loyalty to illegal immigrants from Mexico than the USA, which as we've just seen turns out Latinos want to make Murrica gr8 again, aint no denying how freedom they are. Tbh I'd be pissed if I legally immigrated to the USA to build a life for myself and some dickheads felt entitled to the same nation with no sense of the obligation of citizenry that entails and with it enriching crime I'd be pissed too. Oh wait, that is why I'm piff lol
A well joyous day, in the UK we had the same thing when our progressives took it for granted that they'd get Black, Asian and Minority support, turns out assuming mastery over minorities is pretty racist so they got btfo

Hey, if there are self-hating Jews, maybe there are self-hating Latinos. Now the GOP just wants them to be self-deporting as well.
Sure is a lot of Uncle Tom here, Latinos and Jews need to support everything the democrats say is good for Latinos and Jews otherwise they're self-hating

It's almost like you want your country to be full of people with more loyalty to foreign nations than America, what could go wrong with that? Whose wages and jobs are first hit by illegal immigration? Ya, the first immigrants who actually bothered to abide by US law
chiki briki a lot of self-hating whites want to play identity politics, only Hillary got the skills for such gameplaying

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: February 25, 2016, 03:16:52 pm »

On a somewhat unrelated note, former Democratic State Senator Leland Yee has just been sentenced to five years in federal prison for attempting to smuggle firearms, rocket launchers, etc. to a known terrorist group. He was always totally against American citizens being allowed to own semi-automatic rifles, but apparently sees no problem with terrorist cells having access to machine guns and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-yee-sentence-20160223-story.html
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12614 on: February 25, 2016, 03:19:13 pm »

On a somewhat unrelated note, former Democratic State Senator Leland Yee has just been sentenced to five years in federal prison for attempting to smuggle firearms, rocket launchers, etc. to a known terrorist group. He was always totally against American citizens being allowed to own semi-automatic rifles, but apparently sees no problem with terrorist cells having access to machine guns and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-yee-sentence-20160223-story.html
Jesus Christ your politics are fucking awesome

When our guys get arrested for corruption they're usually embezzling a few thousand quid or are pedophiles or something

*EDIT
And I just found out Jeb Bush actually used the slogan of our country's top pedophile
Foolish guac bowl merchant
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:23:52 pm by Loud Whispers »
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1342