Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544884 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #12285 on: February 20, 2016, 07:34:17 pm »

NBC is calling it for Trump with 2% reporting.  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12286 on: February 20, 2016, 07:35:40 pm »

Yeah, that Rubio lead is based on 5 precincts reporting out of 2000+. I'm not even looking at numbers till we get to 5% or so.
re: Bush and Nevada -- he's polling at 1% there, the last I checked. Whyyyyy? Why do you do this to yourself, Jeb? It's okay...your parents still love you, even if you don't become President. Look at Neil! He's still allowed to come to family reunions, and he hasn't done shit politically.
Jeb's mother corrected him in public when he insinuated she had ever called him her favourite

It was brutal

EDIT: Aaaaand apparently SC is "sorta" winner-take-all. Out of 50 delegates, the winner gets 29, and the remaining 21 are based on who wins each of SC's 7 Congressional districts (3 per district). So conceivably, a YUGE SC win here could give Trump 50 delegates. SC is the only state that gets to bend the "proportional until 3/15" rule that the RNC set.
Why? Cause 'Murrica, that's why.
That seems like a very understandable and straightforward system

Is there a reason why this is the way or is it really just cos?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: February 20, 2016, 07:39:58 pm »

NBC is calling it for Trump with 2% reporting.  ::)

So has CNN. I've seen people in 538s sidebar complain too that stations are calling it before all or most of the votes are counted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: February 20, 2016, 07:42:48 pm »

Because each state is, literally, a state.  Our union ensures that travel and commerce between states is practically nothing...  But each state does have significant control over its own laws.  *Especially* election law, and who it sends as primary delegates.

We really are a federation more than a republic.  And a democracy?  HA!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: February 20, 2016, 07:45:24 pm »

EDIT: Aaaaand apparently SC is "sorta" winner-take-all. Out of 50 delegates, the winner gets 29, and the remaining 21 are based on who wins each of SC's 7 Congressional districts (3 per district). So conceivably, a YUGE SC win here could give Trump 50 delegates. SC is the only state that gets to bend the "proportional until 3/15" rule that the RNC set.
Why? Cause 'Murrica, that's why.
That seems like a very understandable and straightforward system

Is there a reason why this is the way or is it really just cos?
My guess is that SC has clout in the RNC because of its early status, and it uses its clout to preserve that early status (and thus its clout). Making it a semi-winner-take-all makes candidates pay more attention to it because it's a bigger prize. Special Snowflake Carolina is Best Carolina.

EDIT: Yeah, I always try to explain to foreign visitors that we're really not so much a country as 50 smaller countries jammed together.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:47:03 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: February 20, 2016, 07:52:10 pm »

Meanwhile, Rubio and Cruz are making a fierce fight for second. A second place win by Rubio is definetly going to put lots of pressure on Bush and Kasich to drop out. I don't think anybody is going to drop out before Nevada because that isn't very far away and either Bush or Kasich could have some kind of surge, or so they hope anyway.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: February 20, 2016, 07:53:38 pm »

Cruz is currently topping Rubio by 1.5%. That's gonna hurt without lube.

Right now, Trump is winning every county that's reporting in except for Greenville, and he's only behind Rubio by 37 votes there with a ton of votes to be reported.
Even Charleston and Columbia are breaking his way. We could be looking at a 50-delegate sweep by The Don.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:00:52 pm by RedKing »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: February 20, 2016, 08:05:25 pm »

Poor guy just seems to be a glutton for misery.
Karma's a bitch :V

I mean, it doesn't really exist, but I knew folks driven to various sorts of self-destruction because of some of the shit jeb pushed through. Spitroast that guy with a cactus. Any suffering he nets is well deserved.

... just to reiterate for the nth time, as a floridian that was conscious during his governorship, I really don't like jeb. At all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: February 20, 2016, 08:08:03 pm »

I guess I'd feel the same way if McCrory were out there getting beat up. And shit, McCrory is a moderating influence in state government. He's actually vetoed *some* of the crazier shit our legislature has passed.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: February 20, 2016, 08:08:32 pm »

It is now a fight between Rubio and Cruz for second and Kasich and Bush for fourth, those are probably going to keep going until all or nearly all of the votes are counted.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: February 20, 2016, 08:13:57 pm »

Heh; fair enough. It's easier to feel sympathy (or just contact embarrassment) for the Jeb! when I'm far enough away from his previous messes. As someone who lives much nearer to Ohio than Florida, Kasich gets the balance of my gut-level scorn. Speaking of which, I'm hoping this or Nevada will ring Kasich out. Very much doubt he'll get the establishment backing he's looking for.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: February 20, 2016, 08:21:05 pm »

Heh; fair enough. It's easier to feel sympathy (or just contact embarrassment) for the Jeb! when I'm far enough away from his previous messes. As someone who lives much nearer to Ohio than Florida, Kasich gets the balance of my gut-level scorn. Speaking of which, I'm hoping this or Nevada will ring Kasich out. Very much doubt he'll get the establishment backing he's looking for.
See, and I still like Kasich because I haven't had to live with him.

I'm increasingly wedded to the opinion that Donald "Somebody's doing the raping" Trump is going to be the next Republican nominee for the Presidency of the United States.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: February 20, 2016, 08:31:59 pm »

I'd forgotten a lot of Bush's actions. His memory had faded to just a mild distaste until i researched his givernorship. Quite the governorship that was. Good riddance and all the sadness to him.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: February 20, 2016, 08:34:21 pm »

I'm increasingly wedded to the opinion that Donald "Somebody's doing the raping" Trump is going to be the next Republican nominee for the Presidency of the United States.
That's looking more and more possible. Not sure whether I should be worried or just enjoy the schadenfreude.

Looks like Trump will miss out on a SC sweep by one or two counties, though. Can't have everything.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: February 20, 2016, 08:35:27 pm »

I'm noting that Kasich didn't even really contest South Carolina. And yet he's still beating Carson, and might beat Bush. Ouch.

@smirk: It's not counties, it's by congressional districts. He could still win all 7 districts.

Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1342