Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545691 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #12105 on: February 18, 2016, 11:29:15 pm »

If killing our ideological opponents was good enough for our forefathers, it's good enough for us, damnit.
legalize dueling.

gives us less gridlock, and our descendants much cooler history books.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12106 on: February 18, 2016, 11:34:43 pm »

legalize dueling.

gives us less gridlock, and our descendants much cooler history books.
"My opponent cannot be President, they are weak. I can snap their forearms with my fists. WHICH I SHALL NOW DO! GLADIATORS, READY! CANDIDATES, READY!"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12107 on: February 18, 2016, 11:38:12 pm »

All of my enemies do not deserve to be treated like human beings when they mock social groups

Whelp, time to start sending soviet purge squads to every University with diversity officers
Yes. Because that is exactly like posting shitty animal picture memes.

when memes are outlawed, only outlaws will ayy lmao

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12108 on: February 18, 2016, 11:40:24 pm »

Meme control does not work, just look at Britain where hundreds of thousands of people are memed to death every day

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12109 on: February 18, 2016, 11:41:08 pm »

All of my enemies do not deserve to be treated like human beings when they mock social groups

Whelp, time to start sending soviet purge squads to every University with diversity officers

While I agree that political discourse should remain reasonable, if this is how you react when people post poorly photoshopped pictures of politicians, I really want to know what you were watching when Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12110 on: February 18, 2016, 11:41:27 pm »

Someone gets me, finally

I know a guy, don't worry, I can get you columbian death teams. Even better than soviets in body count and reliability.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...I must ask.

Did that previously exist, or did you make it special for me?

Because it is wonderful and amazing in either case and I am glad you have shown me it's light.

Also, RedKing, honestly. You can bring up that Trump is a terrible human being without dehumanizing him. Just go with 'he's a terrible person' instead of 'he's a terrible monkey'.

Because while it is true that he is utterly terrible at both being a decent monkey, and being a decent person, only one is relevant.

While I agree that political discourse should remain reasonable, if this is how you react when people post poorly photoshopped pictures of politicians, I really want to know what you were watching when Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12111 on: February 18, 2016, 11:42:47 pm »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12113 on: February 19, 2016, 12:11:23 am »

Is that actually Rubios rebuttal? Because that's even more blatantly photoshopped than what Cruz did.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12114 on: February 19, 2016, 12:13:07 am »

You'll all just have to accept that I am literally worse than Hitler for pointing out that Donald Trump regularly makes facial expressions that would be totally at home on our hominid cousins.

Speaking of poorly photoshopped photos of candidates (and Barack Obama),

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/18/marco-rubios-campaign-accuses-ted-cruz-of-deceitful-altering-of-photo/
Heh, yeah I saw that too. Dem cheek stretch marks....I can tell Rubio is totally against amnesty, because of the pixels.

Mr. Cruz’s campaign did not deny that the image was altered. “Two days before the presidential primary in South Carolina, they want to talk about a picture we used,” a top Cruz aide, Rick Tyler, told CNN. “If Rubio has a better picture of him shaking hands with Barack Obama, I’m happy to swap it out,” he added.
oh no he didn't

@smjjames:
I think that's the point -- to drive home ridiculous you can make anyone look with a doctored photo.

EDIT: I thought the name Rick Tyler sounded familiar....he was Gingrich's spokesman in from 2000 to 2012, and he worked Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin's campaign in 2012 as well.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:19:06 am by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12115 on: February 19, 2016, 12:17:21 am »

I don't talk about ISIS and serial child rapist gangs and their defenders as animal infestations and I don't do it to others for less, plus I have fun watching others flail around with less consistency than the President of Malaysia's bank accounts
Looking at the actual quote as well he says he's sure some are good people but his conversations with border patrol guards suggest otherwise; you must also consider that in Europe we had everyone bawling over every time someone pointed out immigrant groups were raping so many people and 2015 was pretty much the year of banterous validation on that where everyone who attacked the critics nervously tried shuffling the victims under the blanket. So I see the same kneejerk reaction in the USA and get skeptical because what you do we do later and what we do you do later.
According to a 2009 report by the Pew Hispanic Center, in 2007 Latinos "accounted for 40% of all sentenced federal offenders-more than triple their share (13%) of the total U.S. adult population". This was an increase from 24% in 1991. 72% of the Latino offenders were not U.S. citizens. For Hispanic offenders sentenced in federal courts, 48% were immigration offenses and 37% drug offenses. One reason for the large increase in immigration offenses is that they exclusively fall under federal jurisdiction.
Yeah this is problematic
This is not my argument I have the energy to (properly) make (I sympathize with Jeb here) as I've already made long serious posts on this stuff and it all goes around in circles anyways, point being I don't see why we should all start calling each other subhumans when we're perfectly capable of hating one another as people. If you're only gonna do it because it's an acceptable target then you're no different to the other side who's just doing the same with their own acceptable targets, and that makes you a subhuman which is bad

Gorillion hours in ms paint
People can tolerate anything but the outgroup, except me because I am enlightened and tolerate everything *tips brown trillby*
Or maybe it's just because I have not yet found an outgroup
Yeah I'll go with that

Speaking of poorly photoshopped photos of candidates (and Barack Obama),

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/18/marco-rubios-campaign-accuses-ted-cruz-of-deceitful-altering-of-photo/
Christ, real life shitposting, all I can say is let us dispel once and for all this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country, to make America more like the rest of the world. That's why he passed Obamacare and the stimulus and Dodd-Frank and the deal with Iran. It is a systematic effort to change America. When I'm president of the United States, we are going to re-embrace all the things that made America the greatest nation in the world and we are going to leave our children with what they deserve: the single greatest nation in the history of the world.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12116 on: February 19, 2016, 12:36:54 am »

Is that actually Rubios rebuttal? Because that's even more blatantly photoshopped than what Cruz did.

I made it, and yeah, that's the joke.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12117 on: February 19, 2016, 12:37:47 am »

I made it, and yeah, that's the joke.
You should send that to Rubio's campaign. They might actually use it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12118 on: February 19, 2016, 09:56:08 am »

Word is that Bush's campaign is running on fumes. Marco Rubio is mentioned as hemhorraging cash, but with him fiercely competing with Cruz for second and a possible eventual establishment coalescement around Rubio, I don't see him dropping out anytime soon.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12119 on: February 19, 2016, 10:20:40 am »

Word is that Bush's campaign is running on fumes. Marco Rubio is mentioned as hemhorraging cash, but with him fiercely competing with Cruz for second and a possible eventual establishment coalescement around Rubio, I don't see him dropping out anytime soon.

Jeb, stop, please, you don't have to do this. I'm never going to say I had a lot of respect for you, but you were my Governor for a while. A major political figure with in many ways more direct impact on my life than a President ever will have. So you were influential. But that's in the past now, and it's all been replaced by this pathetic family reunion show you're trying to put on. I see nothing of what you once were, I feel none of that awe I might have once had. Only pity remains. Step down, retire, go back to the ranch. You've lived a good life, all things considered, had a good run, but it's over. You never should have entered this race. You've been out of the game too long, and you've got too much baggage, much of which, admittedly is not your fault at all, but it's still there. So please, walk away.
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1342