Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544300 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #12030 on: February 18, 2016, 03:13:16 pm »

Don't know where the origional source of this is as I heard it on CNN, though they don't seem to have an article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/hillary-clinton/12162379/Hillary-Clinton-I-dont-know-if-the-US-is-ready-for-a-female-president.html If you think that's true, then why don't you quit? :P /sarcasm

Really, I think we are ready, it's just there isn't the right candidate in this primary. If Hillary hadn't run, I'm sure there might have been a woman or two.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: February 18, 2016, 03:16:41 pm »

I think we will have a female President in the next 12 years. I just hope it's not THAT female. I can think of at least three I'd vote for.

Glad to see you admit it, Redking.
I bow before your superior superiority complex.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: February 18, 2016, 03:18:02 pm »

I'll vote for Elizabeth Warren when/if she decides to run. Who knows, maybe by some miracle the folks in the House who keep trying to make the government default won't be there anymore.  :-\
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: February 18, 2016, 03:20:07 pm »

I sure hope they catch some flack for literally holding the government ransom (government shutdown, which did affect a lot of people!), not to mention more recently holding the supreme court ransom...
But I don't think it's likely.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: February 18, 2016, 03:25:23 pm »

Eh, Red? Cut it out, if you don't mind. If you wanna feud, please take it to PMs - I'd rather not see that particular spectacle.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: February 18, 2016, 03:26:15 pm »

That's the same logic that Clinton's people, Republican SuperPACS, and neutral political scientists have been using pretty much since day one, and I know better.

FTFY

A blind appeal to authority doesn't change the facts.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: February 18, 2016, 03:30:02 pm »

Eh, Red? Cut it out, if you don't mind. If you wanna feud, please take it to PMs - I'd rather not see that particular spectacle.
I didn't realize only one person had a license for passive-aggressive sniping around here. Fair enough, I'll play nice.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: February 18, 2016, 03:40:25 pm »

It's true. He went to college for it and everything.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: February 18, 2016, 03:41:59 pm »

A B.A. in passive-aggression has wider applications than any STEM field.

3. Run Resize Enable

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: February 18, 2016, 03:43:12 pm »

Don't know where the origional source of this is as I heard it on CNN, though they don't seem to have an article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/hillary-clinton/12162379/Hillary-Clinton-I-dont-know-if-the-US-is-ready-for-a-female-president.html If you think that's true, then why don't you quit? :P /sarcasm

Really, I think we are ready, it's just there isn't the right candidate in this primary. If Hillary hadn't run, I'm sure there might have been a woman or two.

If the best you can do is vote for me I'm a woman you shouldn't be surprised if an otherwise promising campaign fails. As a foreigner who's only partly paying attention to the whole thing I've gotta ask has she actually said much about what she plans to do? Something more than "hey I'm Hillary Clinton vote for me?". I've heard crazy shit from people like Cruz & Trump, stupid and impractical stuff, but at least vaguely suggestive of actual policies. From Hillary "hey I'm Hillary". From Bush "I'm the only true conservative,  why do you no longer love me?". Have either talked about doing things and I've just missed it by not paying attention?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: February 18, 2016, 03:50:45 pm »

Well sure, she's outlined her goals in some detail.  I mean, she's been working towards those goals for a looong time in congress.  She just isn't as extreme as most of us would prefer.
I'd say that makes it more likely that she gets anything done, and wins over swing voters.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: February 18, 2016, 03:51:19 pm »

And yet the polls don't reflect that?  I mean, comparing to the Republicans.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: February 18, 2016, 03:52:47 pm »

wider applications
there has got to be a "code bloat" joke here[/shitpost]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: February 18, 2016, 04:11:51 pm »

If the best you can do is vote for me I'm a woman you shouldn't be surprised if an otherwise promising campaign fails. As a foreigner who's only partly paying attention to the whole thing I've gotta ask has she actually said much about what she plans to do? Something more than "hey I'm Hillary Clinton vote for me?". I've heard crazy shit from people like Cruz & Trump, stupid and impractical stuff, but at least vaguely suggestive of actual policies. From Hillary "hey I'm Hillary". From Bush "I'm the only true conservative,  why do you no longer love me?". Have either talked about doing things and I've just missed it by not paying attention?

Clinton's stance has been almost exclusively. "Yall liked Obama,  right? Well I'm more of the same with a vagina!"

Personally, that article screams a combo of reverse psychology (you're not good enough for ME!) And a denial of fault. (You just hate my vagina, there's no other reason you could hate me.)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: February 18, 2016, 05:07:37 pm »

That's the thing about trying to make it a gender thing (as it was about trying to make Obama's presidency a race thing) for me: I don't give two shits that you're not an old white man from the core party establishment if you're pushing the same line of bullshit as them. I'd rather have a president with policy positions which benefit the broader population--incidentally, including women and racial/ethnic minorities--than a token president with policy positions that reinforce the status quo of a federal government with all of the failings of big government and none of the benefits.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1342