Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543823 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #11895 on: February 16, 2016, 09:12:27 pm »

Eating BBQ hotdogs or hamburgers with mustard is fine. Though maybe it's a sin in the south or something.
ಠ_ಠ

Barbecue is a noun, not a verb or adjective. At least not in the civilized parts of the country.
And large sections of Lesser Carolina are noted for their heresy of using a mustard-based sauce with their pulled pork.*
Whereas Greater Carolina, although we have a deep division between the Lexington and the Eastern schools, have a general respect for each other and acknowledge each other as legitimate barbecue. It's kinda like the two North Carolina styles are Catholicism and Protestantism, and South Carolina are Coptic or some shit.

*It's actually not bad. The mustard sauce is particularly good with boiled potatoes. But it's still heresy.
As Orthodox, I find that analogy offensive to my Coptic brothers. At least they have not accepted the western theological heresies. :P
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: February 16, 2016, 09:13:40 pm »

As a true North Carolinian, I agree with everything the man just said, though I do not fully understand it.
Get out Southern heathens.
Ein Reich, Ein Pork, Ein Sauce

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: February 16, 2016, 09:15:09 pm »

Eating BBQ hotdogs or hamburgers with mustard is fine. Though maybe it's a sin in the south or something.
ಠ_ಠ

Barbecue is a noun, not a verb or adjective. At least not in the civilized parts of the country.
And large sections of Lesser Carolina are noted for their heresy of using a mustard-based sauce with their pulled pork.*
Whereas Greater Carolina, although we have a deep division between the Lexington and the Eastern schools, have a general respect for each other and acknowledge each other as legitimate barbecue. It's kinda like the two North Carolina styles are Catholicism and Protestantism, and South Carolina are Coptic or some shit.

*It's actually not bad. The mustard sauce is particularly good with boiled potatoes. But it's still heresy.
As Orthodox, I find that analogy offensive to my Coptic brothers. At least they have not accepted the western theological heresies. :P
Orthodox would be like Memphis or Texas barbecue. Big enough to be recognized by most of the world as legitimate, but still wrong.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: February 16, 2016, 09:23:13 pm »

I'm from California, not SC or NC, so, jokes on you. and yeah I meant like BBQ'd hotdogs and hamburgers, or is that way still not workable in the south?

This has suddenly derailed into the Food Thread, lol.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: February 16, 2016, 09:31:01 pm »

I think making it palatable is the great achievement.
well it would be if it ever happened
MRE: none of the above.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: February 16, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »

Somehow I imagine MREs to be not dissimilar to the kind of stuff you'd take on a camping trip.

Of course though, I'm just a lowly civillian. lol

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: February 16, 2016, 09:42:39 pm »

I'm from California, not SC or NC, so, jokes on you. and yeah I meant like BBQ'd hotdogs and hamburgers, or is that way still not workable in the south?
No, it is. Not sure what's going on with NC, but BBQ is both noun, verb, and adjective down here.  Not quite the fuck of culinary vocabulary, but close.

Most of us aren't terribly particular about it. Meat is meat, et al.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: February 16, 2016, 09:44:40 pm »

Barbecue is everything. Barbecue is life.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: February 16, 2016, 09:46:20 pm »

In my experience as a baker's son, gluten-free products are a pain to make, especially if you want them remotely enjoyable.
I dunno, I've had some remarkably good incidentally gluten-free chocolate cake once.  Something about the texture.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: February 16, 2016, 09:57:27 pm »

@mainiac: Considering that both Hillary and Jeb have an image problem regarding "authenticity", I think it has costs.

I'm pretty sure those problems have more to do with being in the center of bitter political fights for decades then with the occasional no stakes political photo op.  It's not like the Bengazi hearings were payback for Hillary asking for muffin recipes back in 93.  It's not like Jeb! doesn't use the bush name out of modesty.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: February 16, 2016, 10:48:05 pm »

Somehow I imagine MREs to be not dissimilar to the kind of stuff you'd take on a camping trip.

Of course though, I'm just a lowly civillian. lol
Here's a general idea.

3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: February 16, 2016, 10:50:54 pm »

Ooh, an MRE unboxing! Send it to all the younglings so they beg their parents for one!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: February 16, 2016, 10:53:22 pm »

That's what I love about the internet. Chances are, if you want to know what something looks like when you take it out of the package, someone has posted an unboxing video of some sort. It's a bizarre market.

Probably better than astronaut food, too.

3. Run Resize Enable

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: February 16, 2016, 10:55:53 pm »

In spite of all the jokes around them MREs are really fairly decent, I preferred them to the horrible food served in the difac.  They aren't particularly good either, just decent.  Which, all things considered, seems to be something in their favor.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: February 16, 2016, 10:58:00 pm »

I mean, they're supposed to be filling and nutritious. That alone puts them head and shoulders above both the intent and reality of a wide spread of generally-available edible non-food products. Doesn't matter if they look like crap, your body knows what it wants better than your forebrain does.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 1342