Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1547907 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #11385 on: February 09, 2016, 11:16:26 pm »

I do hope you see the irony in a democratic party (especially one *named* the Democratic Party) essentially being un-democratic by bending all the party machinery to put forward a single candidate before any votes took place.

Oh wow, the Bernie Sanders supporter with sour grapes.  How dare Clinton profit from rules made when she was a teenager!  She probably planned this with Obama's mom while making fake birth certificates.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11386 on: February 09, 2016, 11:22:45 pm »

Apparently thread's moving too fast for me to pull a bottom of the thread edit.

In other news: Carson open to being Trump's VP? I have a feeling their platform would read something like a cards against humanity session.

I could see it, and at this point looking like Carson's best shot at the presidency is to slip in under Trump and wait for the extremely unlikely sounding angry mob of progressive liberals allied with establishment Republicans.

Pfft, he'd be a worse VP than Palin, which.... might actually work to Hillary or Sanders advantage. besides, the only thing I could see him bringing to a Trump ticket is the minority card.

I do hope you see the irony in a democratic party (especially one *named* the Democratic Party) essentially being un-democratic by bending all the party machinery to put forward a single candidate before any votes took place.

Oh wow, the Bernie Sanders supporter with sour grapes.  How dare Clinton profit from rules made when she was a teenager!  She probably planned this with Obama's mom while making fake birth certificates.

You seem to be missing RedKing's point.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11387 on: February 09, 2016, 11:25:59 pm »

Check yerself before you wreck yerself, m8.

I was against the superdelegates in 2008 as well. (Funny how it was HRC that was going to be the potential beneficiary then as well.) I'm against the very concept of a political party essentially telling its members which of their candidates they are to vote for, or in any other way fiddling with the results. That's one reason I refuse to join a political party.

I do hope you realize how ridiculous you've sounded in the past few hours -- from going apeshit over an offhand comment about giving Bloomberg a look, to now clutching your pearls and insinuating that I'm a conspiracy theorist because I don't like undemocratic practices.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11388 on: February 09, 2016, 11:26:51 pm »

RedKing, you are boring.  You have one thing to say, you dont have an interesting theory behind it and you insist on relating everything back to it.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11389 on: February 09, 2016, 11:28:01 pm »

RedKing, you are boring.
Ditto. I think I'm muting you for a while till you get your head out of your ass.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11390 on: February 09, 2016, 11:29:35 pm »

*blasts Maniac and RedKing with cold water from a firehose*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11391 on: February 09, 2016, 11:31:00 pm »

What? I just MRBLGHLHLLLHBBBL

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11392 on: February 09, 2016, 11:34:00 pm »

*types post*
*checks history to validate details of my memory before posting*
[8 new replies]
*deletes post before posting because discussion has moved on*
WELP.

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11393 on: February 09, 2016, 11:34:15 pm »

EDIT #2: Wow...Huffington Post kinda lost their shit about Trump winning.
Ha. Such professional and unbiased reporting.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11394 on: February 09, 2016, 11:37:53 pm »

Clearly they should have written their headline using Trump quotes instead.

... I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.  ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11395 on: February 09, 2016, 11:50:20 pm »

I hadn't actually clicked that link since I thought I had seen it already. I see they made an edit to their big bold font on the front page. It used to say "WTF NH". That was what I thought I was responding to.

I don't like HuffPost anyway, so I kinda tend to shit-talk them. I don't like any news outlet that is known to lean towards one or the other side of politics. I think reporting should be unbiased.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11396 on: February 09, 2016, 11:52:25 pm »

EDIT #2: Wow...Huffington Post kinda lost their shit about Trump winning.
Ha. Such professional and unbiased reporting.

To be fair, this is TRUMP we're talking about. I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of the kid.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11397 on: February 09, 2016, 11:54:12 pm »

Vermin Supreme has now not only beaten Jim Gilmore, but Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum (who are also beating Gilmore).
And about 2/5 of O'Malley's total.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11398 on: February 09, 2016, 11:54:25 pm »

With the votes 80% in, the percentages aren't going to budge much (unless theres a big cluster of rubio or bush supporters or something).

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11399 on: February 09, 2016, 11:57:18 pm »

To be fair, this is TRUMP we're talking about. I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of the kid.
But muh objectivism.
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1342