Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544254 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #10860 on: February 01, 2016, 10:01:35 pm »

If Rubio manages to beat Trump I will lose my mind.

No way on God's Green Earth.  Looks like it's going to be Cruz, Trump, Rubio, separated by equal margin.

Holy shit, Bush and Christie down there in bowling league territory.

Iowa really doesn't matter much in the long run, but you're going to see a lot of people drop out tomorrow.  I just hope Trump isn't one of them.

Yeah, I don't see him passing by Trump in numbers and the separation is holding by roughly the same amount. Also, 75% in or so. The voting looks pretty similar to what we've been seeing for some time now, with Cruz, Trump, Rubio, Carson, and Bush in the top five or six.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: February 01, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »

No need for chinman, rol, the answer is "Everyone watching from a distance"
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: February 01, 2016, 10:02:38 pm »

Also, I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of those caucuses. If there's one thing that Midwesterners do almost as well as Southerners, it's polite passive-aggressiveness.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: February 01, 2016, 10:04:47 pm »

Poor Martin, we barely knew ye.
No, seriously...we barely did. I don't even know what the guy looks like.

Looks like my birth county went for Trump, Dem results are final yet but Clinton leading.

Sanders within 1.2% now. Also, Sanders won Clinton County, which I really hope somebody makes hay of on social media.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:06:30 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: February 01, 2016, 10:05:22 pm »

Well, according to the most recent bit of info on FiveThirtyEight, O'Malley is kicking the bucket tonight.

Confirmed: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/martin-omalley-suspends-his-campaign-218587

Wonder how that will affect caucases still in progress?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: February 01, 2016, 10:06:02 pm »

NBC has Hilary up by 433 to Bernie's 415.  433 and 415 what they don't bother saying, or but apparently this is 61% reporting of something.
ERMAGEHRD AQIZZAR SIGHTING

My natural habitat is dense, out-of-focus woods, and after all the environmental degradation, me and Bigfoot have been competing for territory.  Bigfoot won.

And his image isn't loading, and the quote of his post is somehow unlinked.

After nigh on five years, Imageshack finally stopped hosting it.  I'm not actually sure I have a native copy anymore...

Predictions incoming.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: February 01, 2016, 10:07:41 pm »

I kinda want Trump to lose now, just to see if he'll go on some kind of "Fuck you, you corn-munching, hog-fucking, Bible-thumping losers!" rant.
Trump did say during an Iowa rally that Iowa is notorious for picking losers. He'd probably say "I told you so, you could've picked me, a winner." or something along those lines.

On a different note I can't help but notice how the republican party has 12 different candidates, with 4 major competitors, while the democrat party has only 3, with only 2 major competitors.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: February 01, 2016, 10:11:55 pm »

On a different note I can't help but notice how the republican party has 12 different candidates, with 4 major competitors, while the democrat party has only 3, with only 2 major competitors.

That's because, unlike the Democrats, they don't have a single popular elder statesman (or stateswoman) to rally around. Plus it's wise to stay out of the way of the Hillary juggernaut.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: February 01, 2016, 10:12:29 pm »

I kinda want Trump to lose now, just to see if he'll go on some kind of "Fuck you, you corn-munching, hog-fucking, Bible-thumping losers!" rant.
Trump did say during an Iowa rally that Iowa is notorious for picking losers. He'd probably say "I told you so, you could've picked me, a winner." or something along those lines.

I did hear Trump say something like "Wouldn't it be a shame if Iowa was the only state to not pick me?" at an Iowa rally. But yeah, you're right he'll probably bring up the whole "you losers picked Huckabee and Santorum the last two times, so thanks for picking Cruz and not me to give the kiss of death!"

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: February 01, 2016, 10:13:03 pm »

Republicans really only have 3 major contenders.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: February 01, 2016, 10:14:26 pm »

Which is really what's so surprising.  Jeb Bush was supposed to have this handed to him, and Rubio was supposed to be his major competitor.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: February 01, 2016, 10:14:55 pm »

Whoops, I miscounted.

I'm tired right now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: February 01, 2016, 10:16:41 pm »

Bernie within 1.0% now, but statistically it'd have to be some crazy lopsided results in the remaining 18% to report to push him over the top. Still, coming that damn close in a state that's not demographically friendly to him (and where he was at one point a 40+ point underdog) has got to feel good fr the Sanders camp.

Cruz 27.7%
Trump 24.4%
Rubio 23.0%

I did not see that coming.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:21:58 pm by RedKing »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: February 01, 2016, 10:17:16 pm »

I did hear Trump say something like "Wouldn't it be a shame if Iowa was the only state to not pick me?" at an Iowa rally. But yeah, you're right he'll probably bring up the whole "you losers picked Huckabee and Santorum the last two times, so thanks for picking Cruz and not me to give the kiss of death!"

He does have a point, even if he said it in his own trumpian way.

I would call Carson a major contender, or semi-major, but yes, it's for all intents and purposes, pretty much come down to a three person race now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: February 01, 2016, 10:22:43 pm »

Well, the Democratic caucus is so damn close that regardless of who wins, this won't shift much momentum.
Yes it will. Have you seen what happened with Clinton-Obama? The Media will blow this out of the water.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1342