Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544366 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #10695 on: January 31, 2016, 01:10:15 am »

That one was funny because of the assumption that TV is a valid source of news.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: January 31, 2016, 01:25:59 am »

Meh, that original article was from The Federalist, which is like Breitbart with a nicer suit. I mean, there's an article on there about how the Democrats are the party of Palpatine and the Empire, and a lament from a guy who got a cable package that didn't have FOX about how unbalanced and biased the news is without it.

I'm aware of their tilt (or spin), though I try to judge that on a per-author basis. After reading the Trump OODA loop article, I looked at several other articles by the same author on The Federalist to get an idea of his positions and what biases he might have. He's clearly (american) conservative, and anti-Trump, but isn't saying anything completely absurd, as far as I saw, but I only read 3 or 4 of the articles that showed up, IIRC.

P.S. Who sells a cable package that doesn't include Fox? He must mean the Fox News channel?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: January 31, 2016, 10:03:03 am »

So, who's ready for the caucuses tomorrow? The last Iowa poll is out, from the most respected name in caucus polling, and it has Trump to win.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: January 31, 2016, 10:09:05 am »

Iowa Caucuses 2016: America Gets Cornholed

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: January 31, 2016, 10:51:29 am »

So, who's ready for the caucuses tomorrow? The last Iowa poll is out, from the most respected name in caucus polling, and it has Trump to win.

By a narrow margin that is almost inside the margin of error. Same for Clinton vs Sanders.

I still think it's going to be up in the air. Theres definetly going to be a huge battle for the fifth and sixth places because, well, theres so many candidates and they're going to get crowded into the bottom.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/31/politics/donald-trump-ultimate-bus-private-jet-757/index.html

Lol Trump.....  I wonder if he'd be willing to trade that for Air Force One (and his helicopter for Marine One) if he does become president, might not have a choice though because if they outfit his plane with the usual stuff AF1 has, he won't be able to take it home with him when he leaves.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:03:26 am by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: January 31, 2016, 01:32:49 pm »

Sure he will, he'll just use taxpayer money to cover the cost of removing it all first.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: January 31, 2016, 02:06:42 pm »

What taxpayer money?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: January 31, 2016, 02:07:33 pm »

We dont know yet but Presidente sure will need a lot of it to make American great again.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10703 on: January 31, 2016, 02:21:50 pm »

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/27/donald-trump-let-me-tell-you-about-smaug/
Pssssh, this just goes to show that Trump doesn't understand how the game is really played.  Gondor was a Yuuuuuuuge success.  Elendil?  What a negotiator, what a classy guy.  That guy started out with nothing!  He said he wanted to make a kingdom in the east and his father was like "whoa, we dont build in that part of Middle Earth, that's Istari territory."  But he started out with nothing, he borrowed a warfleet from his father and he goes east and he runs the whole city?  Why?  Because the Middle Men didn't build anymore.  Elendil, that guy is a builder.  Amandil, Isildur, they build stuff.  Isildur,  he builds the White City, he builds Osgiliarth.  He makes jobs for the Middle Men and they let him run the place because the guy is a winner, he knows how to negotiate.  He knows how to go to Sauron and say "hey, you want to come into my country and work, well you gotta pay for that privilege."  And how?  Because the Dunedain are the best people in Middle Earth and they deserve the best military in Middle Earth.
Show me Aragorn's birth certificate, the Elves show up and just so "happen" to replace the Steward of Gondor with this bum? Friends with wizards? With Elves? He's in the pockets of Elves, he's working off Elf wages. Borimir. BOROMIR. Remember Boromir? Who killed him? Who replaced him? Now I can't say Gandalf and the Elves killed the rightful rulers of Gondor because they'd sue me, but it seems awfully convenient that Denethor was set on fire, I mean come on - pyre oil can't melt steward meat! What happened to BOROMIR? This is why, you know, you send your best negotiators to the Elves and they kill you and replace you with some forest hermit who's probably a wildman of Dunland as far as we know because they won't show us his birth certificate, but we're just supposed to take the Elves word for it that he's the heir of Isildur. Where are the Elves now? They've gone over the sea, and they're taking our jobs with them. I'll take them back. And I'll bomb the shit out of Mordor.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: January 31, 2016, 02:42:46 pm »

Dude, I just realized Denethor is totally Trump:

1) Doubts the citizenship of his nation's ruler regardless of evidence
2) Constantly going around saying we are doomed
3) Doesn't understand basic military strategy
4) Insults our allies
5) Married to a much younger woman
6) Batshit insane
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: January 31, 2016, 02:44:46 pm »

Dude, I just realized Denethor is totally Donald Trump:

4) Insults our allies
6) Batshit insane
stealing this

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10706 on: January 31, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »

Dude, I just realized Denethor is totally Trump:

4) Insults our allies
6) Batshit insane
We're going to build a wall around Rohan

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: January 31, 2016, 02:54:20 pm »

What about the shire?  Those short people come into our country and steal our ringbearing jobs.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10708 on: January 31, 2016, 03:15:31 pm »

I'm sure there are some good hobbits but all the ones I've seen are master thieves, and you won't even believe what they did to the Tower of Sauron... I cry evertim

[lol jk, it wasn't hobbits, everyone knows the eye of Sauron's destruction was an INSIDE JOB by the ELVES]
[[HOBBIT LEAF CAN'T MELT GOLD RINGS]]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: January 31, 2016, 03:16:32 pm »

It's worse than that. Those little midgets totally abuse the foodstamp system, with their "second" and "third" breakfasts, taking food away from much more needy human children living in poverty.

Not to mention the addiction statistics the Shire has for Longbottom Leaf.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:18:06 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1342