Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544347 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #10380 on: January 26, 2016, 09:36:31 pm »

I dunno, Christie seems more like the kind of guy to just punch the other guy in the face rather than sumo wrestle.

Also, I have to admit that I initially thought that actually WAS Chris Christie in that photo and not someone else, lol.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:38:56 pm by smjjames »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: January 26, 2016, 09:39:53 pm »

Caning? Isn't that another way of saying "Beating will continue until morale improves."
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: January 26, 2016, 10:26:36 pm »

Let's not go back to Canealot. It is a silly place.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: January 26, 2016, 10:27:27 pm »

GILMORE ACTUALLY GOT INTO THE UNDERCARD DEBATE! http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/everything-you-need-to-know-gop-fox-debate-218241  lol

"The undercard will feature Carly Fiorina, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum and Jim Gilmore."

That'll be interesting. Also, gotta admire the guys tenacity.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: January 26, 2016, 10:34:44 pm »

Oh hey, the bundies've been arrested, and only one person's died so far. Few others got arrested, too, apparently. No clue how many are left, or what they're doing.

Spoiler: FBI release, I think? (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: January 26, 2016, 10:51:44 pm »

Looks like they must have nabbed them outside the refuge then, based on that Highway mention.

Now what? Do they disperse and go home, or double down and declare war?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:53:41 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: January 26, 2016, 10:56:14 pm »

Yeah, from what I understand they were caught in transit to... something or another, about 70 miles away. The destination, anwyway.

And zog if I know, the arrests happened like three, four hours ago. I doubt anyone knows what comes next, right now, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: January 26, 2016, 11:19:44 pm »

Reports are indicating that LaVoy Finnicum -- one of the militia spokesmen -- is the deceased individual.

EDIT: Pfft...looking at social media, the militia supporters have their camo-print panties in a wad and are talking big about the coming "civil unrest" in this fantasy that millions of Americans are going to join them. Is it wrong for me to want all these Yokel Haram idiots to flock to rural Oregon and THEN get fuel-air bombed?

Good way to clean the crud out of the body politic.

Of course, after a night of sleep and a case of Natural Light, they'll just be back to bitching about the gubmint and doing nothing.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:51:11 pm by RedKing »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: January 26, 2016, 11:59:34 pm »

Yeah, from what I understand they were caught in transit to... something or another, about 70 miles away. The destination, anwyway.

And zog if I know, the arrests happened like three, four hours ago. I doubt anyone knows what comes next, right now, ha.

Apparently Mr. Bundy was to appear as a guest speaker in a town meeting somewhere.

Obviously that's more important than taking down the government.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: January 27, 2016, 12:06:18 am »

Well, the meeting was to set up another "Committee of Safety," i.e. spread the crazy to the next county over.

Lot of blowback on social media against the Oath Keepers for not protecting Bundy while in transit. Kinda fun to see the militia movement start to look like the Syrian militias, busier fighting each other than their stated enemy.

People also saying that if the Oath Keepers don't take up arms and start a second civil war, they'll lose all respect for them. Of course, the people saying that are still going to be sitting in their Laz-E-Boys with a widemouth, not grabbing pappy's shooting iron themselves. After all, what's more American than rooting for a war and then sitting back and letting someone else do the fighting?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: January 27, 2016, 12:42:03 am »

Well, the meeting was to set up another "Committee of Safety,"

Because a committee of safety isn't ominous-sounding at all...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:43:37 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: January 27, 2016, 12:53:29 am »

Well, the meeting was to set up another "Committee of Safety,"

Because a committee of safety isn't ominous-sounding at all...
I think this is probably what they were going for. Though honestly, it doesn't sound much better.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: January 27, 2016, 01:08:35 am »

Well, that doesn't sound like it had guillotining. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: January 27, 2016, 01:32:51 am »

Aww. (speaking of guillotines...)

I missed the debate about crime. I was gonna point out that severity of punishment, past a certain level, has approximately zero impact on crime incidence. How likely criminals think they are to get caught, on the other hand, has a rather massive impact on crime incidence.

This obviously means we should both improve our police force's competence (both in finding guilty parties and not punishing innocent ones), and slowly and subtly change publicly published statistics as to crime while keeping secret ones that seriously never show anyone, and make it appear in all cases whenever possible that when a crime is committed, the perpetrator is always caught. Punishing severely helps, but 'five years in prison' is fairly severe. Hell, 'six months in prison' seems severe to me. Ten strikes with a cane seems like a good option between 'fines' or alongside fines for those who can afford it, and 'prison'. Though really, the choice between paying a fine, or a certain number of strikes, for misdemeanors and the like, would be interesting. I mean, it would kinda suck, but one or two strikes from a cane instead of paying two hundred dollars, or the like, would be an amazing boon for someone just scraping by, as far as I know. Shouldn't disable you, to boot, even if it would hurt, and hurt for a while.

Obviously the old, infirm, and fragile would need a different type of punishment. Perhaps a stern talking-to?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: January 27, 2016, 04:35:53 am »

How about a new debate:

Chris Christie, the candidate of Big Government? http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2016/01/25/atlantic-citys-mr-fix-it/

And he's upping the ante even further:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/nyregion/chris-christie-proposes-state-takeover-of-atlantic-citys-finances.html

If that's paywalled, I suggest disabling javascript for the NY Times website (or everywhere temporarily, if that's too hard).
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1342