Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544004 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #10020 on: January 22, 2016, 01:34:02 pm »

If nobody made a big deal about Bush Jr. doing coke while in service, nobody should do the same for Rubio drinking a beer in a park.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: January 22, 2016, 01:39:38 pm »

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: January 22, 2016, 01:53:04 pm »

I just learned that Ted Cruz was actually born in Canada. With any luck that means he's not actually eligible for the presidency. That would be a big relief because he's the worst of them all.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10023 on: January 22, 2016, 01:54:56 pm »

Could be worse, he could be Gilmore.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: January 22, 2016, 01:59:53 pm »

I just learned that Ted Cruz was actually born in Canada. With any luck that means he's not actually eligible for the presidency. That would be a big relief because he's the worst of them all.
That was sorta a thing in the latest republican debate, with Trump basically saying "I'm not saying you're ineligible, just, if I were you, I would look into that lol".

Also kinda ironically, based on the rules Cruz is using, I think I heard Obama would have been eligible even if he *hadn't* been born on US soil.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10025 on: January 22, 2016, 02:15:13 pm »

The amazing thing is that the three people in the united states most likely to be president in the united states are Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and Ted Cruz.

The fact that THESE are apparently the most qualified people out of 300 million is the most damning thing about the united states bar none. Either the US is full of idiots or the system is irrecoverably broken. Probably both.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: January 22, 2016, 02:19:13 pm »

Hillary will drop out either due to criminal indictment or health problems.  It'll probably be Trump vs Biden.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: January 22, 2016, 02:30:40 pm »

Hillary will drop out either due to criminal indictment or health problems.  It'll probably be Trump vs Biden.

I will be you money that does not happen.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: January 22, 2016, 03:31:33 pm »

Where even did you get the idea that she has health problems?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: January 22, 2016, 04:45:43 pm »

Trump makes a brave stand against RINO SJW cucks.
If it's politically incorrect or "wrong" to respond to someone because they sport clear support for politically incorrect things like white nationalism or nazis or racism or fascism, is the alternative to not respond to them, ignore them completely, and basically pretend they don't exist? That sounds like a kind of censorship, ignoring someone because they don't have the "correct" opinions or beliefs held by the majority.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: January 22, 2016, 04:56:04 pm »

The amazing thing is that the three people in the united states most likely to be president in the united states are Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and Ted Cruz.

The fact that THESE are apparently the most qualified people out of 300 million is the most damning thing about the united states bar none. Either the US is full of idiots or the system is irrecoverably broken. Probably both.
Nope, those are literally the most qualified people in the US. These people would mess up the country, like, 1000 times less than anyone I know in person.
What, are you saying that people are more competent in other places?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: January 22, 2016, 04:59:26 pm »

Nope, those are literally the most qualified people in the US. These people would mess up the country, like, 1000 times less than anyone I know in person.
What, are you saying that people are more competent in other places?

You're forgetting Bernie Sanders in that list. Also, I doubt Trump would mess things up 1000 times less than anyone you know in person.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: January 22, 2016, 05:00:49 pm »

Trump makes a brave stand against RINO SJW cucks.
If it's politically incorrect or "wrong" to respond to someone because they sport clear support for politically incorrect things like white nationalism or nazis or racism or fascism, is the alternative to not respond to them, ignore them completely, and basically pretend they don't exist? That sounds like a kind of censorship, ignoring someone because they don't have the "correct" opinions or beliefs held by the majority.

Idk, i don't think that's a good summary of what happened here. What actually happened is that a presidential candidate retweeted a message from an overt neo-nazi. This expresses support for not just the message, but expresses that the neo-nazi guy is a legitimate voice that should be listened to on a national stage.

The twitter account Trump retweeted uses the founder of the US Nazi party as his avatar, and lists "Jewmerica" as his location, amongst other things. Basically, it's just incredibly embarrassing that a presidential candidate could be that clueless.

Personally, while speech is free, listening is not. Assholes are free to yell and rant, but we're equally free to filter them out. I mean, if there's a panel discussion about slavery, we're not obligated to invite a guy who wants to turn all black women into his personal sex-slaves to the discussion, for "balance".
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:14:11 pm by Reelya »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: January 22, 2016, 05:08:04 pm »

Agreeing with one thing a person says isn't the same as agreeing with everything that person says.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1342