Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545419 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9810 on: January 19, 2016, 12:31:43 pm »

He's got two colognes too..."Success" and "Empire".

Penn Jillette wrote about his ill-advised turn on Celebrity Apprentice:

I got fired for coming up with the slogan “You Earned It.” They thought that slogan was “pompous.” My slogan for a perfume with Donald’s picture on it called “Success” was deemed pompous. Wow. The problem was my audience, I think. “You Earned It” isn’t good for the Trumps. It should have been “You Inherited It.”

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9811 on: January 19, 2016, 12:41:47 pm »

I still can't get over the fact he missed the oportunity to call the best card in his board game "the trump card".
Doing so would activate my trap card

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: January 19, 2016, 12:43:18 pm »

I still can't get over the fact he missed the oportunity to call the best card in his board game "the trump card".

Shut up, Mokuba Rubio.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9813 on: January 19, 2016, 12:51:19 pm »

Shut up, Mokuba Rubio.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: January 19, 2016, 01:32:30 pm »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:16:11 am by penguinofhonor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: January 19, 2016, 01:41:33 pm »

What's weird about saying 2 Corinthians? That's usually how I see it in Bibles and hear it spoken.
It's typically written 2 Corinthians, but I've ALWAYS heard it read "Second Corinthians", not "Two Corinthians".

Otherwise you'd have books like "Two Samuel" and "Three John" and "One Kings". The long form would be to say "From the Second Book of Corinthians," but the conventional short form would be "Second Corinthians,"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9816 on: January 19, 2016, 02:10:01 pm »

It's the Second Epistles to the Corinthians, not the Two Epistles to the Corinthians

Where you hear Corinthians Two is from where they're referring to a line in Corinthians

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: January 19, 2016, 02:13:17 pm »

Rumor has it that Sarah Palin will endorse Trump tonight.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: January 19, 2016, 02:16:54 pm »

That would be a big deal.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: January 19, 2016, 03:02:56 pm »

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/19/trump-apple-should-build-their-damn-things-in-us.html

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump warned that he would force Apple, the U.S.'s most profitable company, to manufacture all of its products in the U.S. if he is elected president in November 2016.

Seriously? That's more straight-up insane than building the Mexico wall. At least you can throw money at the wall and make it a thing. You know what? Forget the wall completely, and give Apple tax breaks to make it's products in Mexico. Mexico is much more likely to cough up money for that than for a wall, and it curbs the immigration issue.

Trump has a lot of policies which can't be described as anything other than straight-up fascism. He's certainly more scary than Bush was.

Full article is over here: http://gizmodo.com/trump-says-he-will-force-apple-to-manufacture-in-the-us-1753626111

He's also said about a 35% tax, which sounds really extreme. I get it that he wants to bring American jobs back and stop the outsourcing, but the reasons for outsourcing are many, such as the supply chain. Seems like it would be easier to get jobs back here by rewarding rather than punishing.

Also, this is a bit old (from the 8th), but still: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/08/after-uk-germans-call-for-trump-ban.html

The UK parliament actually just had their debate, but there was no vote and it sounded like they mainly agreed that it's not the right way to deal with it and would rather throw classic British ridicule at Trump.

Theres also this juicy bit from http://www.politico.eu/article/the-9-best-moments-from-the-uks-donald-trump-debate/

"“When he got divorced some time ago, his first wife said that he used to stay up at night reading Hitler’s Mein Kampf,” Robinson said."

I'm a bit surprised nobody has picked that up for an attack ad (to my knowledge, though the democrats have probably stored the information for future use), but of course though, it's kind of a 'I heard from a friend of a friend' fact and not proveable.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:04:28 pm by smjjames »

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: January 19, 2016, 03:07:03 pm »

Would be pretty interested in knowing how much of the labor he outsources to other countries in his own businesses too.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9821 on: January 19, 2016, 03:09:02 pm »

This has all the same overtones of the Bride of Frankenstein teaming up with Dracula to finally slay Flash Gordon once and for all.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: January 19, 2016, 03:11:17 pm »

This has all the same overtones of the Bride of Frankenstein teaming up with Dracula to finally slay Flash Gordon once and for all.

BERN! Aa-aaaah, savior of the universe!
BERN! Aa-aaaah, he'll save every one of us!

That what you're saying?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: January 19, 2016, 03:15:52 pm »

Would be pretty interested in knowing how much of the labor he outsources to other countries in his own businesses too.

I think you mean the contractors, he is in real estate.

Also, Kasich is having a sudden surge in NH. Though we'll have to see how that holds up in other polls because one commentor on HuffPost pollster said that it's a shaky poll, so....

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: January 19, 2016, 03:28:10 pm »

I think you mean the contractors, he is in real estate.

He's in a lot of things including a failed airline business, so yes he has business dealings in manufacturing as well as real estate & service.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1342