Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546533 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9675 on: January 14, 2016, 11:37:05 pm »

I wonder if we're seeing a near imminent Carson dropout, his campaign has been shaking like an epileptic tree and if he himself questioned during the debate why he was still in the race, well.....

Was kinda nice seeing Carson chat with that token black guy in the audience. I guess they'd have a lot to chat about.

Cruz really seemed to be under attack almost the whole debate. From Trump early on, from Rubio later.

He is pretty much tied with Trump as frontrunner, so, it's to be expected.

I've been saying that for MONTHS. Sober dudes just don't talk like that. Or do the blinking thing and the "i'mma take a deep breath to try and clear my head before I say the next crazy shit that comes into my mind" thing.

I haven't really seen that stuff, though he certainly seems like the stereotypical California Dude type almost.

Ben Carson seemed less stoned than usual at this debate.

Yeah, he seemed a little more prepared, but still vague and generic. Not in the way Trump is vague and generic, more of the bland vague and generic.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: January 14, 2016, 11:40:24 pm »

I think it's high time to figure out how the Ruinous Powers stand in this election.

Kasich: Nurgle
Bush: Chaos Undivided
Christie: Nurgle
Carson: Slannesh
Rubio: Tzeentch
Cruz: Khorne
Trump: Slannesh

Clinton: Nurgle
Sanders: Tzeentch
O'Malley: Chaos Undivided
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: January 14, 2016, 11:42:31 pm »

Closing statements:
Shwuh?
I uh, started drinking to handle this shit
What's going on?
Slaanesh/Nurgle 2016k

Ben Carson seemed less stoned than usual at this debate.
Yeah actually, almost clever at times.

Was the New York/9/11 back and forth really so important?  The post-commentator thinks so.  I thought it was a boring spat but I guess some people have massive tunnel vision on such things.

... Holy shit it's like these post-commentators ONLY care about that one comment, what the actual fuck
Also changed my vote.  Intensity/morphine ftw.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:48:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: January 14, 2016, 11:43:54 pm »

My sources have lead me to believe Sanders is highly favored by Slaanesh.

Also I am going to bed before making it to the closing statements, as usual.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:48:32 pm by penguinofhonor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: January 14, 2016, 11:44:45 pm »

Yeah, Trump is vague and generic in that whole "I know you're totally on to the fact that I'm full of shit, but I'm not about to admit it" way. He's the kid that would get called on in class and then totally bullshit his way through the answer. Carson is the kid that would be like "Uhhhhh....what?"

@MSH: Nurgle for Kasich? I'd think he'd be more in the Tzeentch camp. Totally spot-on with regards to Khorne for Cruz, though. JESUS FOR THE JESUS THRONE, LAWS FOR THE LAW GOD.

I'd think Clinton is more of a Chaos Undivided follower as well. Nothing particularly Nurgle-esque about her.

EDIT: Heh...Cavuto and Trump are talking about the Cruz eligibility thing. And the perceived Cruz slam on New York.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:47:06 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: January 14, 2016, 11:51:28 pm »

My sources have lead me to believe Sanders is highly favored by Slaanesh.
Oh, my~. Senator, what will the neighbors think?
@MSH: Nurgle for Kasich? I'd think he'd be more in the Tzeentch camp. Totally spot-on with regards to Khorne for Cruz, though. JESUS FOR THE JESUS THRONE, LAWS FOR THE LAW GOD.

I'd think Clinton is more of a Chaos Undivided follower as well. Nothing particularly Nurgle-esque about her.
I give Kasich to Nurgle based on personal testimony of someone who formerly had a political association to him (albeit not a friendly one) and described him as being the worst kind of corporate slavedriver, totally devoid of reason. Now that I think about it, I'm currently but one degree of separation from both Kasich and Carson.

Clinton I give to Nurgle because she's the avatar of the establishment for the Dems. Stagnation is of Nurgle, though perhaps freed of my bias she would indeed be undivided.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: January 14, 2016, 11:57:52 pm »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:21:32 am by penguinofhonor »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: January 15, 2016, 12:12:30 am »

We must dissent.
...nope, nothing else to add, sorry :P

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9683 on: January 15, 2016, 12:17:24 am »

We must dissent.
...nope, nothing else to add, sorry :P

Lal/Zarkov '16!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: January 15, 2016, 12:22:50 am »

Ddre/Zakv/Yang mission year 2016
Stop crying, drones, there is important work to do
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: January 15, 2016, 12:38:43 am »

I'm one degree from Khrushchev.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: January 15, 2016, 12:41:34 am »

Honestly, I wouldn't put Bush down for Chaos Undivided. Nor any of the big four, really... though if I had to put him under one, it'd be Nurgle or Khorne (more for the anti-psyker/thinking bias with the latter than anything, though). He'd be more of one of those crazy pissants that worship one of the lesser warp gods.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: January 15, 2016, 12:48:58 am »

I'm one degree from...umm...Brzezinski? I met the guy once at a lecture. Resisted the urge to say "So how'd that whole 'arming the mujhadeen' thing work out for you?"

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: January 15, 2016, 12:56:28 am »

Not sure where this topic came from, but I'm one degree from Obama.  Touched his hand during his first presidential campaign, in Raleigh.  He was giving an indoors speech and we had tickets but apparently they got the capacity wrong, so a crowd of us had to wait outside.  After like an hour, he came by and thanked us all for coming and walked along the barrier.

It's kinda weird having actually seen the leader of the free world.  What sort of Paranoia dystopia is this?  I should be lucky to *see* a *green*.
She/they

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: January 15, 2016, 12:58:26 am »

Oh, thanks for reminding me! I saw Biden in Raleigh back in 2008 when he was stumping for Obama. Didn't get within more than 50 feet or so, but still kinda cool. He was a pretty good pep rally kind of guy.

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1342