Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546569 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9645 on: January 14, 2016, 10:45:11 pm »

Yeah, and if the Chinese economy goes into a recession, to steal a phrase from Ross Perot, that giant sucking sound you hear will be all the various world economies that have come to depend on Chinese demand and Chinese manufacturing going down in flames.

China is America's factory, but in the last several years, China has also become the consumers of a lot of the world's stuff. Just look when Chinese milk imports dipped like 5% and dairy farms in New Zealand and elsewhere were going belly-up as a result.

EDIT: Looking at that crowd in the background, that's a surprisingly affluent looking bunch. My guess is that the SC GOP got a group of establishment-types in there tonight.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:46:45 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: January 14, 2016, 10:46:01 pm »

Ben Carson just cited internet comments as evidence we've lost our Judeo-Christian roots.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: January 14, 2016, 10:47:19 pm »

Man, now I'm wishing I had seen this an hour ago.

EDIT: OMFG...Christie is in favor of building infrastructure to create jobs....where were these fuckers in 2009, when that's EXACTLY what Obama tried to do?? And where does he think the money for that is going to come from??

Carson's mother bought a car with spare change?? WTF kind of car did she drive, Hot Wheels?

EDIT #2: They do realize that corporate inversion doesn't mean that the jobs are leaving the country, right? Just the cash and the tax revenues. And it sounds like their answer is to drop the tax rate down to compete with the Grand Caymans or Bahamas.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:52:09 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: January 14, 2016, 10:50:02 pm »

I feel like I'm not missing anything from the debate just by reading this thread and the fake DPRK twitter feed.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: January 14, 2016, 10:52:12 pm »

I can't wait for tomorrow's Taiwanese Animation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: January 14, 2016, 10:56:06 pm »

Popcorn time! Christie, Rubio and Cruz in a 3-way bitchfest....oh, this is good.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: January 14, 2016, 10:56:47 pm »

Oh no Christie, tell me more about how Hillary will move to the left of Bernie Sanders if her polls drop any further.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: January 14, 2016, 10:57:03 pm »

Carson's mother bought a car with spare change?? WTF kind of car did she drive, Hot Wheels?

Yeah that was a wierd analogy what with the driving the car until it wouldn't budge because that gives the wrong mental image I think Carson was going for. That is, the image of driving the economy (the car) until it doesn't function anymore, and then, buying a new economy? Okay, I don't know what mental image he wanted me to have.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: January 14, 2016, 10:58:12 pm »

EDIT: Looking at that crowd in the background, that's a surprisingly affluent looking bunch. My guess is that the SC GOP got a group of establishment-types in there tonight.

How can you tell that it's an affluent looking bunch? Lots of fancy dresses and stuff?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: January 14, 2016, 10:59:48 pm »

How is it stealing from Social Security, to move money from the Social Security Retirement fund to the Social Security Disability fund? Considering that record numbers of Americans are going on disability (many of them because they're lardasses like Christie)

@smjjames: Lots of age 30-50 white men in suits. Good suits, not the "I keep this for wearing to church on Sundays" suits. No casual attire, very few women, very few minorites (and yes, it's a GOP rally but it's in Charleston, for God's sake.)

EDIT: Nice move by Trump there -- touch of a Cincinnatus thing by promising to step away from all his wealth for the good of the country.

EDIT #2: Oh god, more fellating the police by Christie.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:03:20 pm by RedKing »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: January 14, 2016, 11:04:40 pm »

The hell was that chant about?
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: January 14, 2016, 11:05:15 pm »

Read More Tie? Three Poor Guys?

hell if I could even tell what they were saying

Heh...John Stossel just tweeted that when Trump said "the evil Chinese devalue their currency", he means "They rip off their citizens to sell us cheap things. I'll stop that."

Then again, it's John Stossel, one of the few people that I fully expect to have a foreskin as a neck ruff.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:07:19 pm by RedKing »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: January 14, 2016, 11:05:33 pm »

One of Nate Silver's observations: "Is Ben Carson still running?" heh

This close to the Iowa caucases though, he might hang on until then, unless he has another campaign quake that breaks the proverbial came's back.

The hell was that chant about?

I dunno, I missed it.

went back and tried to see what the chanting was, the captions only said [chanting]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:08:54 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: January 14, 2016, 11:10:03 pm »

Oh, it was "we want rand"

"A chant of "we want Rand" just briefly broke out from a handful of audience members in response to an answer from Chris Christie, who has been one of Rand Paul's most reliable sparring partners in the debate.

Paul was booted from the main stage per poling criteria this debate, and ran a Twitter town hall instead of participating in the undercard."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: January 14, 2016, 11:10:45 pm »

Since when was the American military weak? This seems to be something everyone on stage agrees on.
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1342