Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549068 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9390 on: January 08, 2016, 04:55:12 pm »

No? Not necessarily, anyway. Abnormal morality in no substantial way guarantees a difficulty with experiencing normal perception, or engaging in normal behaviors and social interactions. Someone with them may have unusual behavior patterns or means of interaction on top of the usual, but that doesn't in and of itself entail they have any trouble in regards to normal behavior.

Depends a lot on the abnormal set of morals, of course, but still.

E: Speaking of insanity, it appears that Texas has gone through with a law that bars state-run psychiatric hospitals from disallowing weapons on their premises. I'll just, uh. I'll be going around texas if I go west anytime soon. Originating report seems to be behind a paywall, so have the second google hit.

E2: I think that quoted republican response might be the best/worst part of it. "It's up to the hospitals to keep dangerous weapons away from their patients," says Gun-nut Politician, in support of a law legally barring hospitals from keeping dangerous weapons away from their patients.

It's like a gunpowder huffing madman's first attempt at a game of riddles.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:12:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: January 08, 2016, 05:01:19 pm »

Who gets to define what "normal morality" is? ::)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: January 08, 2016, 05:03:58 pm »

Your 2 year old sister, a Syrian refugee who escaped to Burundi.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: January 08, 2016, 07:50:24 pm »

A forum's admin team.

So, uh, in the real world....

Chinese censors?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9394 on: January 08, 2016, 08:28:05 pm »

Joe, never fucking question Joe

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: January 08, 2016, 08:40:11 pm »

A lot of these militia types have military training, and they're also holed up in a building.
So what you're saying is that the tribespeople should wait until they're all drunk/asleep, sneak up, barricade the entrances, and light the place on fire? :^)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9396 on: January 08, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »

A lot of these militia types have military training, and they're also holed up in a building.
So what you're saying is that the tribespeople should wait until they're all drunk/asleep, sneak up, barricade the entrances, and light the place on fire? :^)
Sounds like what you need is some beekeepers to make them sleepy

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: January 08, 2016, 08:45:42 pm »

Nothing gets me to sleep after a tough day like a good huff of smoldering Constitution.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: January 09, 2016, 03:28:04 am »

My understanding is that Texas just passed an open-carry law and didn't include a specific exemption for psychiatric hospital, but since I've seen here that hospitals (and businesses) are allowed to ban guns on their premise, I guess that just mean that hospitals will have to put up signs?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: January 09, 2016, 08:52:31 am »

My understanding is that Texas just passed an open-carry law and didn't include a specific exemption for psychiatric hospital, but since I've seen here that hospitals (and businesses) are allowed to ban guns on their premise, I guess that just mean that hospitals will have to put up signs?

Pretty much. From my understanding, it just puts the onus on the business owner to declare the property non-open carry. Apparently it's been a fairly large source of business to sign makers
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: January 09, 2016, 09:48:13 am »

Pretty much. From my understanding, it just puts the onus on the business owner to declare the property non-open carry. Apparently it's been a fairly large source of business to sign makers
Yes, but it does open the business up to litigation if someone gets shot on the premises. As for hospitals, yes, they just have to put up signs.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: January 09, 2016, 03:45:05 pm »

The Governor of Texas wants to amend the constitution.
He's not just flapping his mouth; he's got a 92 page plan.
Highlights include:
Prohibit Congress from regulating activity that occurs wholly within one State.
Require Congress to balance its budget.
Prohibit administrative agencies—and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them—from creating federal law.
Prohibit administrative agencies—and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them—from preempting state law.
Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a U.S. Supreme Court decision.
Require a seven-justice super-majority vote for U.S. Supreme Court decisions that invalidate a democratically enacted law.
Restore the balance of power between the federal and state governments by limiting the former to the powers expressly delegated to it in the Constitution.
Give state officials the power to sue in federal court when federal officials overstep their bounds.
Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a federal law or regulation.
Full plan here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: January 09, 2016, 03:50:59 pm »

today in the news:

foolish man has foolish plan
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: January 09, 2016, 03:55:55 pm »

Restore the balance of power between the federal and state governments by limiting the former to the powers expressly delegated to it in the Constitution.

T-thomas Jefferson?

(it's not the turn of the 19th century anymore guy)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: January 09, 2016, 04:17:12 pm »

Nah, the Tea Party does actually have a point here- the feds have a significantly larger amount of power than the framers ever intended them to have. The only issue is that if you turn back the clock to the 1920s when they were reined in as intended, you also have to tear down the entire edifice of the 20th-century regulatory-and-welfare state, which would be an utter disaster. So pretty much everyone either a) ignores the actual Constitution because it's the only pragmatic option, or b) wants to dismantle everything the Constitution doesn't let the feds do, and doesn't care that it'll be a catastrophe.

It's high time for another Constitutional Convention, in my opinion. Jefferson was on to something- every 19 years is too often for a rewrite, but running a 21st-century superpower on an 18th-century legal document with a few edits over the years invites crises that can't easily be fixed.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 1342