Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549567 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9285 on: January 06, 2016, 02:32:16 pm »

Ahh, Granola is muesli basically? I've always wondered about that.

I'm also interested in the lone packet of pretzels, nobody has mentioned that. Do they have beer to go with that?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:34:07 pm by Reelya »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: January 06, 2016, 02:33:36 pm »

Raisins are actually a source of yeast used in baking. Yeast grows on grapes, that's how they discovered wine making.
Never occurred to me that they could survive the raisining process, but that's actually kinda brilliant if they thought of that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: January 06, 2016, 02:38:42 pm »

It's unnecessary anyway. Humans share 20% of their DNA with yeast, therefore human flesh is 20% as effective in leavening bread, and they have plenty of that.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: January 06, 2016, 03:14:50 pm »

I'm also interested in the lone packet of pretzels, nobody has mentioned that. Do they have beer to go with that?
Pretty sure I read three cases of beer. So I suppose they could mix beer and flour and make a makeshift dough.

This is an interesting little tidbit -- they've been saying their supplies are dwindling and begging people to send more, but local law enforcement confirms that the road is not blocked and YallQaeda (I can't even call them a militia anymore) are free to come and go as they please.

Is this just an elaborate con game to get a lifetime supply of Funyuns for free? Would fit their pattern of wanting free shit just because MURRICA FUCK YEAH. Its like GoFundMe with guns.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: January 06, 2016, 03:26:58 pm »

Pretty sure I read three cases of beer. So I suppose they could mix beer and flour and make a makeshift dough.

This is an interesting little tidbit -- they've been saying their supplies are dwindling and begging people to send more, but local law enforcement confirms that the road is not blocked and YallQaeda (I can't even call them a militia anymore) are free to come and go as they please.

Is this just an elaborate con game to get a lifetime supply of Funyuns for free? Would fit their pattern of wanting free shit just because MURRICA FUCK YEAH. Its like GoFundMe with guns.

Are they actually calling themselves YallQaeda or is that what you're calling them?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: January 06, 2016, 03:28:03 pm »

YallQaeda is a hashtag that people are using to mock them.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: January 06, 2016, 03:29:38 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: January 06, 2016, 04:42:49 pm »

lol, okay.

Also, TSA continues to screw itself up

Seems more like the father is totally overreacting. Accusing a female TSA officer of "groping" his 10 year old daughter doesn't really sound like the response fits the incident. Just sounds more like he's outraged a 10 year old would ever get secondary screening.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: January 06, 2016, 04:51:06 pm »

Heh...that was at RDU. The TSA there does seem pretty strict compared to other airports I go through (and unfortunately, RDU is my home airport). But then I was usually flashing Justice Dept credentials when I went through. Did have to do the millimeter-wave scanner one time though. Hope they enjoyed looking at my junk.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9294 on: January 06, 2016, 04:57:35 pm »

It sure says something that doing a pat-down on a ten year old girl because she had a capri sun packet is considered par for the course.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: January 06, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »

It sure says something that doing a pat-down on a ten year old girl because she had a capri sun packet is considered par for the course.
Capri Sun packet > 3 fl. oz.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9296 on: January 06, 2016, 04:59:26 pm »

wotch m8s shes got her 100mls

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: January 06, 2016, 05:00:22 pm »

Maybe it was Berry Blast flavor. Can't be too careful.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: January 06, 2016, 05:11:34 pm »

It's unnecessary anyway. Humans share 20% of their DNA with yeast, therefore human flesh is 20% as effective in leavening bread, and they have plenty of that.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

Further proof of intelligent design. Could human leavening agents have possibly arisen purely by chance?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: January 06, 2016, 05:35:47 pm »

It's not completely inconceivable that someone would give a/their kid the disguised contraband to deflect suspicion. The TSA officer followed the proper and expected procedure, and that's all we can really ask of the guys on the ground. They may have even found a female officer to do it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1342