Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544483 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9015 on: January 03, 2016, 03:45:17 pm »

... Hm.  There is a very sharp and pointy point there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: January 03, 2016, 03:46:56 pm »

Yeah, I was a bit too blunt. But I'm sick of these fuckers being given free reign to pretend that they didn't lose back in the 1860s.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: January 03, 2016, 03:47:46 pm »

Oh, no, I agree with you.  This is definitely something that probably falls under treason.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: January 03, 2016, 03:51:07 pm »

Not sure it's an honest attempt at treason yet. Occupying a single building is hardly attempting overthrowing the government, even if that's what they want to do.

However, threatening violence if the police try to stop them is pretty much terrorism.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9019 on: January 03, 2016, 03:57:22 pm »

No it's not "pretty much terrorism" if we're going to let the Kurds off for actually doing so to the Turks

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: January 03, 2016, 04:18:20 pm »

Not sure it's an honest attempt at treason yet. Occupying a single building is hardly attempting overthrowing the government, even if that's what they want to do.

However, threatening violence if the police try to stop them is pretty much terrorism.

It's objectively much less damaging than occupying a city park, or threatening cops directly, or trying to burn down Baltimore.

No one seriously claimed any of those things as terrorism, though.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: January 03, 2016, 04:18:47 pm »

There is a very sharp and pointy point there.
Yeah, I was a bit too blunt.

This is why I hate English.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:21:29 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: January 03, 2016, 04:19:07 pm »

There is a very sharp and pointy point there.
Yeah, I was a bit too blunt.

This is why I hate English.
HOW DID I MISS THAT.
Sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9023 on: January 03, 2016, 04:26:35 pm »

I really don't see why this is such a huge issue. Remember Occupy?

They brought guns to their protest, but it's still just a protest.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: January 03, 2016, 04:34:17 pm »

More seriously, there is no immediate threat to people or property yet. No one wins if this become a bloodbath. Taking it slowly is the smartest thing to do. Let those rednecks freeze their balls in the wood, and arrest them when they come into town for supplies.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: January 03, 2016, 04:36:24 pm »

More seriously, there is no immediate threat to people or property yet. No one wins if this become a bloodbath. Taking it slowly is the smartest thing to do. Let those rednecks freeze their balls in the wood, and arrest them when they come into town for supplies.

I hope they claim diplomatic immunity.

"We're on a diplomatic mission from Alderaan!"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: January 03, 2016, 04:39:04 pm »

They're also threatening anyone who tries to stop them with threats of death, which was... entirely contrasting to Occupy.
Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?
Good GRIEF.
Sigtext

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: January 03, 2016, 04:40:35 pm »

Difference is that Occupy was a political movement; this is people outright claiming to be a sovereign nation and are not legally required to abide by the laws of the country that they technically reside in.

They're also threatening anyone who tries to stop them with threats of death, which was... entirely contrasting to Occupy.

EDIT: Also I'm rather certain that if anyone brought guns to the Occupy movement, they sure as hell didn't point them at the cops. Otherwise those would have been bloodbaths.

That's a very strange difference to set. Occupying a park is fine, healthy protesting but occupying a federal Park isn't? What level on protesting is okay, then?

Can I refuse draft summons? Refuse taxes? EPA emission guidelines? Local grass length laws?

Knowing when I've reached the eat a hellfire point is reasonably important to me.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9028 on: January 03, 2016, 04:41:35 pm »

Difference is that Occupy was a political movement; this is people outright claiming to be a sovereign nation and are not legally required to abide by the laws of the country that they technically reside in.
So the free citizenry movement of liberals in the USA, who claim they are free citizens of the land and do not need to abide by US laws, they are terrorists who must be killed.

Yeah they just attacked people for not giving them free food

Lol jk, but are we saying that when Occupy m8s on twitter threatened the popo for retaliation they became in that moment terrorists worthy of hellfire missiles? Top kek
What of the Dutch girl who threatened the airport with bombings for lels? Hellfire missiles ;D

EDIT: Also I'm rather certain that if anyone brought guns to the Occupy movement, they sure as hell didn't point them at the cops. Otherwise those would have been bloodbaths.
New York is noguns

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: January 03, 2016, 04:44:23 pm »

Calm down, Charlie Brown..?

PPE: basically occupying a building with an armed squad, and declaring your sovereignty, and threatening to shoot anyone who tries to eject you.

PPE2: contrarian to be contrarian? Most free citizens don't stage arms occupations. Singular examples also don't really reflect a particular movement as a whole, else every political movement ever is evil.

Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1342