Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544788 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #8025 on: December 12, 2015, 08:53:14 pm »

Redwallzyl-- Yes. I already said as much on the prior page.
In fact, I suspect myself of having cancer right now, but will not seek treatment. (I have a genetic disorder that causes me to develop benign lipomas-- fatty tumors. I have several that feel very deep, that have started becoming painful. That's a serious sign that they have become malignant. I will do my part by not seeking treatment.)

So... why wait for the cancer?
Not seeing the point here in not seeking treatment (besides the whole 'medicare is expensive' thing).
I agree. Even though I have weird on ignore, I really don't want to see him die of treatable cancer. :(

Seek a medical opinion if you can, weird.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: December 12, 2015, 08:59:01 pm »

Redwallzyl-- Yes. I already said as much on the prior page.
In fact, I suspect myself of having cancer right now, but will not seek treatment. (I have a genetic disorder that causes me to develop benign lipomas-- fatty tumors. I have several that feel very deep, that have started becoming painful. That's a serious sign that they have become malignant. I will do my part by not seeking treatment.)

So... why wait for the cancer?
Not seeing the point here in not seeking treatment (besides the whole 'medicare is expensive' thing).
I agree. Even though I have weird on ignore, I really don't want to see him die of treatable cancer. :(

Seek a medical opinion if you can, weird.
Yeah. Dieing of something that is perfectly curable is a really, really stupid way to die.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: December 12, 2015, 09:12:10 pm »

Because doing so would be hypocritical for me?
Because I am putting my money where my mouth is?
Because I have principles?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: December 12, 2015, 09:13:37 pm »

Because doing so would be hypocritical for me?
Because I am putting my money where my mouth is?
Because I have principles?

What do you mean hypocritical? Just because your genes are f'd up doesn't mean you should not seek treatment.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: December 12, 2015, 09:15:58 pm »

Given the topic that was unanimously agreed upon to drop prior, concerning doom and gloom, and undesirable ways out-- and my advocation of restricting healthcare as a next-best solution to the draconian dystopia of forced sterilization or mass executions to resolve-- my seeking treatment for a preventable illness would be hypocrisy.

I was pointing this out, because Wilfor (who claims to have me on ignore, but meh) said he had never met anyone who advocated such a policy without also embracing the bad. I was raising my hand.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: December 12, 2015, 09:17:26 pm »

Just because your genes are f'd up doesn't mean you should not seek treatment.
no, but just because his principles indicate that people should not seek treatment for terminal illnesses because it creates undesirable population pressure does kind of mean that

i mean i don't think i'd make the same choice but surely we can respect his right to do so

edit: i have been ninja'd
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: December 12, 2015, 09:21:43 pm »

Oh come on, don't be so apocalyptically doom and gloom......

Just because your genes are f'd up doesn't mean you should not seek treatment.
no, but just because his principles indicate that people should not seek treatment for terminal illnesses because it creates undesirable population pressure does kind of mean that

i mean i don't think i'd make the same choice but surely we can respect his right to do so

edit: i have been ninja'd

Easy enough, just don't have kids :P

But I dunno, yeah, I'll try to respect his choice on that, and we're getting pretty deep into personal territory for him.

*attempts to direct the rails somewhere else*

Cruz got a pretty big jump in Iowa: http://media.bloomberg.com/bb/avfile/r64LeSt1xPPk

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: December 12, 2015, 09:23:42 pm »

Dont be upset, I am fine with the choice.

I am more upset that people insist that I either dont exist, or that I am liar. (Which are the default choices most people have when presented with somebody like me, making a choice like mine.)

And I am already not going to have children-- being asexual and all.

To be brutally honest, I didnt even think it was worth mentioning until Wilfor mentioned he had never met such a person. (ashame he has me on ignore, so he couldnt see it.) ;)

The pain in my right abdomen has been there for at least 6 months now.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: December 12, 2015, 09:27:18 pm »

Dont be upset, I am fine with the choice.

I am more upset that people insist that I either dont exist, or that I am liar. (Which are the default choices most people have when presented with somebody like me, making a choice like mine.)

And I am already not going to have children-- being asexual and all.

I didn't call you a liar (though I simply disagree with the choice and we can just agree to disagree and leave it at that :) ) or think you don't exist, pretty sure none of us did. Though I don't know what's with wilfor having you on ignore.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: December 12, 2015, 09:29:19 pm »

It's a non-issue.  The point being, not everyone who advocates a position from desperation for the benefit of everyone who survives, is a hypocritical a-hole.

Some are genuine.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: December 12, 2015, 09:30:45 pm »

Though I don't know what's with wilfor having you on ignore.
I put a number of people who were raising my blood pressure on ignore. It was either that, or leave the forums entirely. Since I did it I've had a much better forum experience. It puts an additional step between me, and saying something stupid which is always a good idea. I feel like I can post again without looking like a giant ball of rage all the time.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: December 12, 2015, 09:32:49 pm »

I would disagree with that choice, probably much the same that SSJames disagrees with mine on seeking treatment.

It is however, yours to make. Be wary of living in an echo chamber.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: December 12, 2015, 09:33:40 pm »

Yeah, I've never used ignore, except of course on that nazi fucker MetalSlimeHunt.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: December 12, 2015, 09:34:38 pm »

Yeah, I've never used ignore, except of course on that nazi fucker MetalSlimeHunt.

Nazi's, I can take em or leave em. But people who sleep with nazis? Terrible.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: December 12, 2015, 09:35:43 pm »

Hey now, It could just be figurative! You know, like what congress does to the public at large!
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1342