Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545659 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #7920 on: December 11, 2015, 11:23:16 pm »

In all seriousness, *IN MY OPINION* I would like a non-politician as president because they would have to ask people who are smarter than them for help. A president who pretends to know everything is never going to work. Now Trump doesn't sound like someone who would ask for advice, so my vote will go with Carson. He also fits with almost all of my ideals and he is a really nice guy.

(Last time I posted this on the internet, people called me stupid about belt buckles or something. But I assume this place is more civilized than the YouTube comment section. Here's hoping)

OSG, you stupid belt-buckle.

I'm not a huge fan of Conservatives, moreso with those that have a religious bent like Carson (and pretty much the rest of the GOP candidates). Can't say I've been keeping up with the policies of the candidates, but I'd disagree with you on non-politicians being any better than politicos.

Politicians rely on their advisors, because they can't be experts in every facet of government. The likes of Trump and Carson - who are experts in their own fields - might actually be less inclined to ask for help. They just might be less likely to do something purely on the basis that it'll increase their approval rating.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: December 11, 2015, 11:24:21 pm »

In all seriousness, *IN MY OPINION* I would like a non-politician as president because they would have to ask people who are smarter than them for help. A president who pretends to know everything is never going to work. Now Trump doesn't sound like someone who would ask for advice, so my vote will go with Carson. He also fits with almost all of my ideals and he is a really nice guy.

(Last time I posted this on the internet, people called me stupid about belt buckles or something. But I assume this place is more civilized than the YouTube comment section. Here's hoping)
the problem is the non trump non politician option we have is ben carson..
Yes. That is why I like Ben Carson the most.
may i remind you of a certain incident?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhol3WdB4QU

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: December 11, 2015, 11:24:51 pm »

yeah carson's not much better

pyramid as grain silos is just the tip of the iceberg of his stupidity
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: December 11, 2015, 11:39:22 pm »

wait so you're saying they were built by aliens

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: December 11, 2015, 11:54:49 pm »

wait so you're saying they were built by aliens
no just referencing one of my old posts. its meant to be paired with a witty statement.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: December 12, 2015, 12:03:31 am »

That is still not as stupid as many of what the other candidates said. Even if it is, the pyramid thing really has no impact on what he'd do if he were president while promising to get mexico to pay for a wall definitely would.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: December 12, 2015, 12:05:08 am »

That is still not as stupid as many of what the other candidates said. Even if it is, the pyramid thing really has no impact on what he'd do if he were president while promising to get mexico to pay for a wall definitely would.
its more about what it says about his intellect in general. basically, he's a complete moron.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: December 12, 2015, 12:06:08 am »

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: December 12, 2015, 12:07:04 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: December 12, 2015, 12:22:45 am »

They're too good for this world. Too pure. I wouldn't want them to get involved in the blood soaked world of politics. :(
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: December 12, 2015, 12:25:43 am »

Well, in this example, it's stupid for two reasons. One, it means he's willing to let his own ideas get in the way of verifiable facts. I'd say religious feelings but this isn't even something that theologians disagree on, like Young Earth Creationism or homosexuality, it's literally something he pulled out of his ass one day.

Two, it's something SO well known, something we know for sure what they were used for, with NO evidence to back him up, let alone common sense (like the fact that they're made of solid fricking stone! With one or two small chambers waaaaay at the bottom for the actual tomb!) that it doesn't bode well as proof that he will, to go with what you were saying, use advisers and trust verifiable evidence or common sense for things that ARE important, like foreign policy or economics.

And this is a man who his OWN ADVISERS say is completely unteachable in regards to foreign policy, that he just doesn't get it and hasn't gotten it throughout his campaign, even the simplest things like "don't trust a single unverified source in Syria that the Chinese are there," are beyond him. So that just backs up point two.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: December 12, 2015, 12:29:40 am »

12, 8, 6.

SuperPac protection faith based initiative.

That would go so well with the media.

Whoops, I meant to make the list for Toady, not Hillary Clinton.  ;)
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: December 12, 2015, 12:42:04 am »

He doesn't believe in the Big Bang or evolution, and thinks evolution is a lie created by the Devil. He's ignorant of science but mashes together misunderstanding of scientific topics with conspiracy theories and beliefs grounded only in religious fantasy to come up with complete nonsense that bears no resemblance to reality.

One conspiracy theory: http://crooksandliars.com/2015/12/ben-carson-there-no-star-david-dollar-bill

Less seriously, he somehow managed to think Hamas was pronounced hummus and wasn't corrected by his team before his speech at the Republican Jewish Forum, resulting in widespread ridicule (on social media, regular news media, etc). Whether that's because he's unteachable, or because his team is bad, who can say?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: December 12, 2015, 12:48:21 am »

Carsons campaign seems to be on the edge of imploding, or starting to implode. There's no question that he is definetly on a downward spiral.

It might collapse fully before the Iowa caucus.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: December 12, 2015, 12:56:31 am »

Nothing that gets broken is going to be able to be fixed very quickly either. Does everybody just forget that eight years under the democrats hasn't fully clawed back all of the shit America got under your last bout of Republican rule? Because all I'm hearing is "hey, if we let them be stupid, everything will get rolled back pretty fast once the end is reached," and no. No, things will not be unbroken fast. It will take years to unbreak things that Trump will break, and it will be a fight the whole way.

I realize we're all pretty tired of having our rights taken away, but maybe don't shoot America in the head, and hope that the ambulance can get to the hospital fast enough to save it? Or maybe make another country the biggest super power in the world before you ruin yours. TIA.
The flaw in your thought here is thinking that the Democrats are even trying to claw back anything from the Republicans. They aren't. They're all about it and have done more in that vein, as they will continue to. If anybody besides Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders becomes president, the future state of freedom will be more national security and ihre Papiere bitte.

That is why a cascading collapse of the existing political establishment is a good thing. We can essentially only have a risk of success with Operation Moran Eater.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:58:36 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 1342