Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546610 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #7650 on: December 10, 2015, 02:03:54 pm »

And he's not wrong.
*sigh* well, whaddya gonna do...ignorance is why this country can't have nice things decent leaders.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: December 10, 2015, 02:23:25 pm »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:07:13 pm by penguinofhonor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: December 10, 2015, 02:57:36 pm »

That's not what I meant, and you know it.

But likewise, the sentiment that "You can't talk with any authority about racism because you're white" is just as offensive. (And if it's the case, why does Hillary get a free pass from black voters?)
And in my experience, racism of the classic "judge purely on skin color" is a relatively rare and dying thing. "Judge based on socioeconomic background, appearance/dress *and* skin color" is much more prevalent.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: December 10, 2015, 02:59:33 pm »

So basically you guys are saying we're either going to have trump/clinton, or anti-trump/clinton.

Both of those sound extremely meh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: December 10, 2015, 03:00:30 pm »

Cruz isn't an anti-Trump at all. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: December 10, 2015, 03:06:15 pm »

Yep, Cruz has been angling for Trumps base and has been buddying up to Trump for a long while. He might try for a VP. Rubio could count as an anti-trump, though he's been angling for Trumps base as well.

Also, wouldn't Cruz be 'just another immigrant' to trumps base? His father is Cuban, so, that counts as being a son of an immigrant.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:11:07 pm by smjjames »

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: December 10, 2015, 03:12:30 pm »

And in my experience, racism of the classic "judge purely on skin color" is a relatively rare and dying thing. "Judge based on socioeconomic background, appearance/dress *and* skin color" is much more prevalent.
In my experience people in those kind of socioeconomic situations tend to be more likely to support politicians who they think will make decisions that help them with there problems rather then philosophize about why the problem exist. I'm not saying that Hillary is better then Sanders in that regard, I'm saying that if they think Hilary is better for jobs & industry, & they're worried about keeping their job & affording to live & eat they'll pick her everytime. Heck they'll vote for the most racist scumbag there is if they think it gives them a better chance at a job & affording to live.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:15:42 pm by wobbly »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: December 10, 2015, 03:16:49 pm »

Also, wouldn't Cruz be 'just another immigrant' to trumps base? His father is Cuban, so, that counts as being a son of an immigrant.

Cubans don't count because reasons.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: December 10, 2015, 03:28:54 pm »

Rubio is also Cuban-American, so, that would mean what RedKing said is inaccurate.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: December 10, 2015, 03:39:30 pm »

(And if it's the case, why does Hillary get a free pass from black voters?)

I dont think she does.  I think she gets "a pass" because of decades of history.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: December 10, 2015, 03:41:09 pm »

Rubio is also Cuban-American, so, that would mean what RedKing said is inaccurate.
I'm not saying it has to make sense. Just saying that from observing right-wing message boards and such, the knock on Rubio is that he's Hispanic (and seen as soft on other Hispanics), while it doesn't get brought up as much on Cruz. Maybe because Cruz has been tougher on immigration, maybe because he doesn't *look* as Hispanic as Rubio or maybe because he doesn't seem to embrace that side of his heritage as much. AFAIK, Cruz doesn't speak Spanish on the campaign trail, while Rubio and Bush do, if they're addressing a group of Latino voters (or are in a heavily Latino state).

Again, think of who you're talking about here -- their reasons don't have to be logical.

(And if it's the case, why does Hillary get a free pass from black voters?)

I dont think she does.  I think she gets "a pass" because of decades of history.
Decades of her husband's history, you mean.
Hillary != Bill in a pantsuit, and I wish people would realize that.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: December 10, 2015, 03:43:06 pm »

If only we had a similar story with Trump, it would handily exclude him from presidential candidacy. (at the expense of flipping the "Show me the birth certificate!" coin on its head at least.)

Sadly, he is 100% home grown american nutball.  Gotta be more creative if you want to exclude him from candidacy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: December 10, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »

Oh yeah, meant to post about that yesterday. No Child Left Behind....got left behind. And not in the fundie Christian "fighting Hell on Earth" way either.

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1342