Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546319 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #7590 on: December 09, 2015, 02:26:51 pm »

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: December 09, 2015, 02:28:10 pm »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: December 09, 2015, 02:29:10 pm »

FJ confirmed for Clinton shill.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: December 09, 2015, 02:38:03 pm »

FJ confirmed for Clinton shill.  :P

FJ confirmed not a time traveller.

Despite being a little hypocritical because of the Palestinian issue, Netanyhu is at least speaking some sense. http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/netanyahu-trump-muslims-216602  Also, Israels version of Congress/Parliament is considering barring Trump from speaking at their place. Or rather, some of them were calling for a vote on that.

I was so confused I had to check to make doubly sure I wasn't reading the Onion...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:40:03 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: December 09, 2015, 02:43:03 pm »

"You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to hell," South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said on CNN's "New Day" on Tuesday.
You gotta give it to Graham....he may be in last place, but at least he's being honest.

I really hope at this point that Trump gets the nom, because I think it will crack the GOP into the portion that is genuinely conservative (and which cannot bring themselves to support Trump, even if it means electing Clinton) and the portion composed of the creeping cancer of reactionary populism that's been infecting the party for the last 20-30 years and which will happily goose-step for Trump. Then maybe the genuinely conservative faction can reform a legitimate Republican Party worth voting for.

Considering the number of people willing to vote for Trump should he go independent, Trump doing just that could also create the kind of rift that we haven't seen in either party since Teddy Roosevelt and the Bull Moose party. And that was over 100 years ago.

Also, heh on this from Ralph Naders wiki page when I went to look around at numbers for third party candidates:
"2016 presidential race

Nader has encouraged "modestly enlightened rich people" to run in 2016, arguing "only very rich modestly enlightened people could have a chance to break this introverting cycle of political oligarchy, which unenlightened rich people generally approve of, that sets its own rules, makes its own laws, appoints its own judges and even brazenly forces taxpayers to finance its quadrennial political conventions." [104] The candidates he has suggested include Bill Gates, Ted Turner and Oprah Winfrey."

Too bad we didn't have one of those 'enlightened rich people' run.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: December 09, 2015, 02:47:59 pm »

They're probably smart enough to know that if they tried to Nader it up, they'd just split the DemonCat vote and throw the election.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: December 09, 2015, 02:50:49 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: December 09, 2015, 02:52:20 pm »

They're probably smart enough to know that if they tried to Nader it up, they'd just split the DemonCat vote and throw the election.

Was 'DemonCat' an intentional typo? lol. Shadowlord confirmed for republican shill. ;)

Anyway, good point, and they'd also be wise enough to not go against the Clinton juggernaut.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: December 09, 2015, 03:00:56 pm »

What Would Jesus Do? Sarah Palin has a surprising answer.
First off, why do right-wing rags always have such shitty online layouts? (The WSJ being a possible exception)

Secondly, if by surprising you mean, "totally unsurprising", then well played.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: December 09, 2015, 03:01:50 pm »

Demoncats and Rebukelicans...

somehow that triggers my irony sensors...

Should I go and have myself serviced?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: December 09, 2015, 03:11:04 pm »

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/12/before-donald-trump-there-was-ann-coulter/419517/

P.S. In the past couple years I started wondering if Ann Coulter might just be a really persistent troll.

Edit:
Angela Merkel is TIME's person of the year

(because there doesn't appear to be a europe thread anywhere except the DPRK thread (wat), and we could use something else to talk about)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:13:05 pm by Shadowlord »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: December 09, 2015, 04:39:22 pm »

It also still doesn't make it legal to bar US citizens who are Muslims from travelling in and out of the country.
Don't we have the terrorist watchlist for that?  Well, they can't even fly domestically either if I remember right...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: December 09, 2015, 06:42:34 pm »

In case anyone is interested, Trump was stripped of two honours bestowed upon him by Scotland today.

A university (the Robert Gordon University) in Aberdeen revoked an honourary degree from him and the First Minister stripped him of his role as a business ambassador, which I think is an honorary(?) title he was given by the last Scottish Government before the SNP started being in charge.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: December 09, 2015, 06:52:24 pm »

Yeah, saw that one, Scotland basically disowned him.

Also, his attempt at suing a Bush donor backfired on him because he used a corporate lawyer to do campaign work. http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trumps-threat-to-sue-bush-donor-backfires-216606 Whether that was accidential through ignorance (which it sounds a bit like) on both the lawyer and Trumps part or intentional, he's going to be in trouble in some way.

Edit: With the update to the article, it sounds more like a conflict in interest kind of thing. Lets see where it goes I guess.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:15:47 pm by smjjames »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: December 09, 2015, 07:05:43 pm »

Yeah, nothing he says is particularly workable or practical but what's to say he'd actually stick to anything he's said in the unlikely tragedy of him being elected? Doesn't strike me as the kind of person to actually stick to any promises. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have any real plans for what he's going to do that didn't involve whiskey or cigars.
So exactly like literally every other candidate ever?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 1342