Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549604 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #6750 on: November 21, 2015, 04:03:18 pm »

I am not completely informed about "black lives matter" is it a move for equality? Or one for black dominance?
Originally formed (inasmuch as you can use the term considering how cohesive it is) to bring more attention to the number of black people killed by police, and the extent that unequal treatment occurs in relation to such things. Has since expanded a bit into a general anti-racism thing, so far as I'm aware. If there's any calling for much in the way of dominance or anti-white sentiment, it's fringe members, trolls, or people making shit up to smear the general sentiment.

and ninja'd, ah well
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: November 21, 2015, 04:06:08 pm »

For god's sake, the sources include Breitbart.
I don't have any knowledge about this, this was just the top results of a google search.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: November 21, 2015, 04:21:21 pm »

Yeah, it's much the same as any other civil rights flareup in the past twenty years: bad shit happens, some of it to innocent people. Other people protest. Some people use it as a platform for their brand of lunacy, others use it to disparage the people who were originally victimized, and some people display staggering amounts of ignorance.

Like those two women who protested for BLM by taking over the stage at a Sanders speech. It's ironic because Sanders was a student organizer for the SNCC and Congress for Racial Equality back in the '60s, and led the first civil-rights sit-in in Chicago, protesting segregated housing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: November 21, 2015, 04:46:16 pm »

About the Sanders disruption, I'm going to disagree. It was incredibly effective, causing Sanders to hire a dedicated person on his campaign staff and release his position on race and police violence the next days. If you're trying to change a politicians's platform, it makes sense to trget the politicians you have the most chance of convincing.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: November 21, 2015, 05:14:40 pm »

About the Sanders disruption, I'm going to disagree. It was incredibly effective, causing Sanders to hire a dedicated person on his campaign staff and release his position on race and police violence the next days. If you're trying to change a politicians's platform, it makes sense to trget the politicians you have the most chance of convincing.
Myself I'd heard that  they were trying to discredit Bernie, being totally Republican or something. I don't remember where this quote is from, but I think it'd be relevant:
If they have the choice between a Republican and a Democrat that acts like a Republican, they'll choose the Republican every time.

And if they think sanders basically already supports their cause, then the whole thing seems more adversarial than it should be. But then again, it got the job done, so maybe being a jerk in America IS the best way to get results? :V

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: November 21, 2015, 05:19:53 pm »

But then again, it got the job done, so maybe being a jerk in America IS the best way to get results? :V

In the short term, it generally is.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: November 21, 2015, 05:33:58 pm »

They tried to get into one of Hillary's events a short time later and found themselves locked out and being informed that it was already full. Naturally this led to conspiracy theories that Hillary's people were specifically stopping BLM activists from getting in, and therefore must have known that they were coming. (Or so I read)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: November 21, 2015, 10:23:03 pm »

I've heard it too. After a quick search on the internets, I got this:

I'm sure there's more, but that's what I found.

For god's sake, the sources include Breitbart.
I don't have any knowledge about this, this was just the top results of a google search.

Those are not the "top results of a google search" for "black lives matter" unless you added in some extra magic sauce you're not telling us about?

Which kinda makes me question your "I don't know anything about 'black lives matter' I'm just telling you the top results on google" claim ...

The actual top results of a google search are here, and I'll even link the search results:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=black+lives+matter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=gDVRVtuGFuHLmAWpnrfwDg

As of 22nd Nov:
#1 news is about trump supporters beating up someone for saying 'black lives matter'
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:26:01 pm by Reelya »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: November 21, 2015, 10:25:43 pm »

"black lives matter kill white people" Is what I searched after I read this post:

These people are lashing out randomly over petty, often-imagined offenses, and pretty clearly have no real overarching strategy beyond vague intentions of making people self-censor and turning the whole first world into a hugbox.
From what I've heard the intention of Black Lives Matter is very literally to kill all white people.
This is a thing I've heard.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: November 21, 2015, 10:28:09 pm »

of course if you use a search term which reinforces a claim, you will only get links that reinforce the same claim.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=aliens+built+the+pyramids

Seriously, aliens built the pyramids sheeple. Stop doubting, start believing. Google wouldn't lie to you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: November 21, 2015, 10:29:51 pm »

again, I was just intrigued about what he said. I know that most people are not psychos. My opinion of black people is not going to change over that.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: November 21, 2015, 10:30:23 pm »

of course if you use a search term which reinforces a claim, you will only get links that reinforce the same claim.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=aliens+built+the+pyramids

Seriously, aliens built the pyramids sheeple. Stop doubting, start believing. Google wouldn't lie to you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: November 21, 2015, 10:33:24 pm »

But what if we asked bing the same question? Would it concur on Han Solo's existance as a pyramid-alien disguised as a normal correlian smuggler?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: November 22, 2015, 12:28:04 am »

Conservaponies? Conservapedia confirmed for brony troll site.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1342