Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549217 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #6165 on: November 10, 2015, 07:18:53 pm »

Lol, Jindal thinks the Republicans are being a second version of the liberals and should go EVEN FURTHER to the right.. :P *facepalm*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: November 10, 2015, 07:19:57 pm »

GOP Debate Drinking Game:

1. Anytime a candidate bashes Obama, take a shot.
2. Anytime a candidate bashes Hillary Clinton, take a shot.
3. Anytime the bash has nothing to do with the topic at hand, make it a double.
4. Anytime the candidate bashes the media for asking the question in the first place, take a shot.
5. Anytime the candidate ignores the question altogether and just talks about whatever the fuck they want, take a shot.
jesus christ

how much is Jack Daniels paying you
I resent this lamestream establishment attack against a fine upstanding American institution!

$1 a corpse....imma be rich

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: November 10, 2015, 07:30:05 pm »

Lol! Huckabee just said 'I'm not sure if this makes sense' to what he had just said.

lolzles! Christie made an aside to the the China question and said he would fly the presidential plane over those south sea islands.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:33:29 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: November 10, 2015, 07:55:02 pm »

Lol! Huckabee just said 'I'm not sure if this makes sense' to what he had just said.

lolzles! Christie made an aside to the the China question and said he would fly the presidential plane over those south sea islands.
I didn't know Air Force One was a jumbo jet.  :P

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: November 10, 2015, 08:00:55 pm »

I don't think he said it was.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: November 10, 2015, 08:02:38 pm »

That was a fat joke. Which apparently flew as high above your head as the jet would over those islands.  :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: November 10, 2015, 08:04:38 pm »

Moderator: "Gov. Huckabee, would you replace Janet Yellin?"
Huckabee: "Well my wife's name is Janet, so I'm real familiar with Janet yellin'."

What is this, tryouts for the cornpatch on Hee Haw?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: November 10, 2015, 08:07:00 pm »

That was a fat joke. Which apparently flew as high above your head as the jet would over those islands.  :P

Sounded more like he wanted to buzz the islands close enough for people on the ground to see the words UNITED STATES on it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: November 10, 2015, 08:12:30 pm »

Moderator: "How would you restore the bond between the American public and the military?"

Jindal: "I love veterans. Fire some VA bureaucrats."
Huckabee: "I love veterans. Give them a pay raise."
Christie: "I love veterans. Fuck Obama. Fuck Clinton. Obama hates cops."
Santorum: "Obama wants your kids to die overseas."

Also, Santorum said "Commander-in-chief is not an entry-level job. Experience matters." What the fuck kind of experience does Santorum have?

Edit: And now there's some kind of hideous grinning ghoul on-screen....oh wait, it's just Lou Dobbs.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:16:34 pm by RedKing »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: November 10, 2015, 08:20:30 pm »

Edit: And now there's some kind of hideous grinning ghoul on-screen....oh wait, it's just Lou Dobbs.

Rofl @ you

I switched to CNN after that was over.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: November 10, 2015, 08:35:46 pm »

... why are they even asking that question? Last I paid attention public sentiment for soldiers is still bloody high, even if more material support is lacking in areas, and that situation hasn't really budged in something like two or three decades. Maybe it's different in other parts of the country?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: November 10, 2015, 08:39:49 pm »

Because it's FOX. Things being "not as good as they used to be" is kind of a given starting position for all questions.

Funny thing was, absolutely none of them answered the question. They just took the opportunity to fap to veterans (kind of a requirement if you're running for office) and bash Obama (a requirement if you're running for Republican nomination).

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, I think the VA needs to be drastically improved, AND I think active-duty troops need a pay raise. And I think we should have better support services in place when they get back home. But honestly, the only way they could have tried to outdo each other more would be if one of them fellated a Marine right on stage.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:41:37 pm by RedKing »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: November 10, 2015, 08:50:03 pm »

Shiiiit, yellow ribbon advocacy is what matters. If it's any more work than taping a yellow ribbon to a window and it's neither more money for a beuracracy nor a nice fancy thing to brag about online, it's not happening for vets.

Which isn't completely a bad thing, vets are commonly ridiculously entitled as far as people go. And just barely in the neutral tone for entitled, edging towards the negative.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: November 10, 2015, 08:53:53 pm »

Jeb Bush affirmed that, given the opportunity, he would travel back in time and kill Hitler as a baby.

Well thank God we know that. At least I give him props for acknowledging it could have unknown causal consequences (like his dad not becoming a Navy pilot and thus not charming his way into Barbara's knickers...and yes, I'll leave you with that image festering in your mind.)

@Strife: Yeah, but at the same time...my half-brother pulled 3 tours in Iraq, got PTSD (and probably some TBI) and then got booted out for failing to move up in rank quickly enough. And they've done shit-all to help him out since then.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: November 10, 2015, 08:58:33 pm »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this nation deserves a better national anthem.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 1342