Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549399 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #6030 on: November 05, 2015, 06:24:13 pm »

I was reading on Nate Silver's site that there's not a great correlation between gubernatorial election results and the federal election results. It's fairly symmetric except for the fact that there were no cases where a Romney-voting state elected a Democrat governor.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: November 05, 2015, 06:30:15 pm »

why are people so god dam stupid!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: November 05, 2015, 06:42:41 pm »

Maybe they're not stupid. Removing healthcare for poor people disproportionatly targets blacks in the south. Poor whites and blacks who will subsequently be more likely to ... move to another state. And that's pretty much what they want. The last thing these people want is for us to make life easy for the black people. Loathsome, maybe, but not stupid.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:49:04 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: November 05, 2015, 06:49:27 pm »

Newly elected Kentucky governor Matt Bevin has confirmed that he will end the medicaid expansion here. This program is so successful I've heard it has received international attention. Hey, at least we'll still be #1 at chicken frying.

This is why the government meddling in healthcare doesn't work. Even when it's a huge success, someone will disagree with it on principle and shut it down.
Wow...even without knowing his politics, he just has one of those faces you want to punch. He looks like he should be selling used cars while trying to hit on your wife.
That's not far off.

http://www.wave3.com/story/29363433/bevin-late-several-times-on-property-taxes-documents-show

He failed to ensure his bell factory in Connecticut; it burned to the ground just after he finished renovations, and then he went and cried to the state until they gave him a grant to cover the cost of rebuilding.

He's fucking scum, a no-good carpetbagger who came here because he figured that all he had to do was use the code-words "conservative family values" and all the racists, homophobes, and anti-choicers would turn out in droves.

That thing with burning down his factory and then whining for cash to rebuild sounds very shady.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: November 05, 2015, 06:51:54 pm »

Probably harder to get caught and faster to profit from than good old fashioned insurance fraud.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: November 05, 2015, 06:56:12 pm »

I wonder if they ever figured out whether it was arson or not because the timing itself seems a bit suspicious and even more with the fact that he went and whined for the replacement cash.

I guess we can all agree that he's a shady dirtbag.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: November 05, 2015, 07:10:37 pm »

Yeah, very clever to sponge off tax-payers money rather than go through the insurance system. Those insurance investigators are good at what they do. For example, it's attested that at least as early as 1918, you couldn't get life insurance if your worked with Asbestos. The insurance people had already done the numbers near the beginning of the century, and they knew you just don't provide insurance to anyone who works with that stuff. Many companies who profited from that stuff put out fake reports to say it's safe, right up to the late 1980s. But you can't fool the insurance guys...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:26:09 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: November 05, 2015, 07:27:55 pm »

Christie and Huckabee... you are.... VOTED OFF TEH ISLAND!!

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/fox-business-republican-debate-stage-lineup-announced-215579

Sillyness aside, Pataki and Graham (and Gilmore) failed to make the undercard, which is now Huckabee, Santorum, Jindal, and Christie. At least I won't get any of them confused with each other.

I bet Christie will dominate the undercard, which would make one wonder how the heck he got there in the first place.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: November 05, 2015, 07:50:44 pm »

The undercard? Why even have that? Is it the primaries version of giving the "special" kids a gold star which says "yay, you're awesome!" or something? I mean, if you're not in the race you should just not be in the race at all. I thought republicans were meant to be about personal effort and merit, What does it even mean to do that? It's not like there's a runner-up president, like "little league" football or the paralympics. You don't make a special league for the presidential race losers, that makes no sense at all.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:55:54 pm by Reelya »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: November 05, 2015, 07:54:00 pm »

It sounds like its 'well, you're trying to campagin but failing pretty badly. We'll be nice and let you be part of the...other debate.' category.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: November 05, 2015, 08:02:09 pm »

I guess it's more a byproduct of the crowded field and the fact that Trump grabbed a big chunk early on with the rest being thinly divided.

At some point they are going to have to stop having the undercard because despite Fiorina getting a boost out of it, she has sunk back down and the other people in there haven't even improved, heck, two of them didn't even make this upcoming one.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 08:04:22 pm by smjjames »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: November 05, 2015, 08:02:22 pm »

It definitely feels like coddling a big baby: "oh look at his little lips flapping so hard, he's trying to campaign, how adorable. let's give him his own little stage off to the side, here!"

I guess it's more a byproduct of the crowded field and the fact that Trump grabbed a big chunk early on with the rest being thinly divided.

At some point they are going to have to stop having the undercard because despite Fiorina getting a boost out of it, she has sunk back down and the other people in there haven't even improved, heck, two of them didn't even make this upcoming one.

How far back do they look? Because Trump only really came to the forefront in late june.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 08:07:05 pm by Reelya »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: November 05, 2015, 08:06:39 pm »

I bet Christie will dominate the undercard, which would make one wonder how the heck he got there in the first place.
He tried to make it to the big-kid debate, but got stuck in traffic on the bridge.

Basically, he's known as a crooked politician nationwide.

Edit: Also, I think I gave the other debate more credit than is due; it is also a kid's table, but merely lifted an inch higher off the ground.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 08:08:10 pm by alway »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: November 05, 2015, 08:10:57 pm »

He tried to make it to the big-kid debate, but got stuck in traffic on the bridge.

Basically, he's known as a crooked politician nationwide.

Edit: Also, I think I gave the other debate more credit than is due; it is also a kid's table, but merely lifted an inch higher off the ground.

Also he shook Obama's hand one time.... ON CAMERA.... he's tainted.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: November 05, 2015, 08:17:34 pm »

It definitely feels like coddling a big baby: "oh look at his little lips flapping so hard, he's trying to campaign, how adorable. let's give him his own little stage off to the side, here!"

How far back do they look? Because Trump only really came to the forefront in late june.

They look at the four latest national polls as of x date, which would be roughly a week, depending on the rate. To CNNs credit though, they chose a date much closer to the day of the debate.

I think they should have a cutoff of 3 or 4% for the next debate because seriously, it's time to weed out those who aren't doing that well.

Actually, hopefully the January one (the exact date for it hasn't been decided yet) is the last one with an undercard, or perhaps the next one because come February, things will get serious.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 08:50:24 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1342