Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1547862 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #4575 on: September 24, 2015, 05:27:17 pm »

Before It's News is not satire sadly. It's a right-wing conspiracy site, of the New-World-Order Jews-Coming-To-Get-You type. You know, the whole "we print what the liberal lamestream media refuses to tell you". They take Alex Jones as a serious analyst on sites like this, and one article accessible from their front page claims that Nords have the superior bloodline of the biblical Nephilim, and middle-eastern immigration into Europe is a jewish illuminati plot to eradicate this blood-of-the-gods from existence for once and for all. Maybe some people are trolls there, but it's not satire per-se.

This is what stuck out to me.
Take a look at the photo below and see the Pope starting his remarks by giving the Satanic Illuminati “OK” sign
What the wha? I had no idea that Satanic Illuminati were EVERYWHERE.

Spoiler: I mean...WHO KNEW? (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: September 24, 2015, 05:30:45 pm »

Meh, best just to dump those into the deepest refuse pile, the site and the conspiracy stuff I mean.

Anyhow, the new Quinnipiac poll shows that the democrats need those debates REALLY badly.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: September 24, 2015, 06:19:52 pm »

Entire world illuminati confirmed.

Now to just hunt down the double illuminati who secretly dont use the satanic sign.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: September 24, 2015, 07:15:07 pm »

i just listened to his speech and it was amazing! a beautiful message of peace love and responsibility! some of congress have to be reeling from that. its hard to object to someone who advocates core American values and invokes Lincoln and Martin Luther King.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:26:48 pm by redwallzyl »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: September 24, 2015, 07:28:58 pm »

How many Ronald Reagan mentions?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: September 24, 2015, 07:37:29 pm »

its hard to object to someone who advocates core American values and invokes Lincoln and Martin Luther King.
Oh please, every American politician advocates freedom, justice and democracy, and invokes Lincoln, King and JFK. And yet half of them think the other half are Satan Incarnate.

Not saying Il Papa was bad, just that hitting all the rhetorical notes does not a persuasive speaker make.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: September 24, 2015, 07:39:44 pm »

Not saying Il Papa was bad, just that hitting all the rhetorical notes does not a persuasive speaker make.
Well, yes, actually, it does. That's why they do it. It's meaningless bullshit that makes them more persuasive to the average citizen :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: September 24, 2015, 07:41:56 pm »

Yeah... something like that, anyway. Though his approval ratings among conservatives dropped to 45% over the course of the last year. S'actually been on a bit of a downslope with the US in general, but it's been worse on that end.

Un(?)fortunately, a fair amount of the folks in the US don't like the guy, and disagree on what those core american values are. Plus most of the things he's saying take responsibility about are things at least half our political spectrum is screaming "hell no" in response to, heh. Fun bit is it even varies a lil' which half is screaming that. There's something about Current Pope for everyone to hate, apparently.

Pretty sure we've already got conservatives pissing fire into the air about his words regarding climate change and immigration, ha, if nothing else. Been having that for a while now, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: September 24, 2015, 07:50:08 pm »

Before It's News is not satire sadly. It's a right-wing conspiracy site, of the New-World-Order Jews-Coming-To-Get-You type. You know, the whole "we print what the liberal lamestream media refuses to tell you". They take Alex Jones as a serious analyst on sites like this, and one article accessible from their front page claims that Nords have the superior bloodline of the biblical Nephilim, and middle-eastern immigration into Europe is a jewish illuminati plot to eradicate this blood-of-the-gods from existence for once and for all. Maybe some people are trolls there, but it's not satire per-se.

This is what stuck out to me.
Take a look at the photo below and see the Pope starting his remarks by giving the Satanic Illuminati “OK” sign

Spoiler: I mean...WHO KNEW? (click to show/hide)

Don't know about Argentina (where he's from), but around here that means... something else.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: September 24, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »

... yeah, in most parts of the states (that I'm aware of) it just means OK. Like how it looks.

e: Actually, now that I think of it, I'm not even sure if the US has any wide spread vulgar hand gestures for that. They're usually more generalized, at least from what I've bothered noticing.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:56:40 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: September 24, 2015, 08:48:57 pm »

... yeah, in most parts of the states (that I'm aware of) it just means OK. Like how it looks.

e: Actually, now that I think of it, I'm not even sure if the US has any wide spread vulgar hand gestures for that. They're usually more generalized, at least from what I've bothered noticing.

Other than giving the middle finger?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: September 24, 2015, 08:56:20 pm »

That's the main "more generalized" I was talking about :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: September 24, 2015, 09:15:25 pm »

Finger doesn't mean like... "Go stick yourself on a cactus" or something, just means a generic "Ey buddeh, fook you eh?"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: September 24, 2015, 09:15:55 pm »

I imagine you don't really need more than one, besides if someones says "f**k you" or "get f***ked" I'm not really thinking there's a distinction between their intents.  :P

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: September 25, 2015, 12:19:26 am »

When will legalization of weed goes to a vote in the house in the first place?

Unless its 1. A definite Democrat issue 2. A definite Republican issue 3. The budget, what bills can come out of the committee and be actually put on the floor?

His voting record looks conservative because effectively "Pauls agree with the other Republicans" is a necessary condition for votes to actually take place.

The main point is what kind of conservative the article is talking about. Legalization of weed is Libertarian(in any sense) but not conservative(in the current US/UK Tory sense).
Which means you'd expect to see Paul's voting record more to the left. But you don't, not by a long shot.

EDIT: To be fair, some of that may be methodology and focus:
The libertarian-leaning Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky is rated as being extremely conservative by DW-Nominate and by Mr. Bonica’s method, which tend to give more emphasis to a candidate’s record on economic issues. But he is rated as fairly moderate by OnTheIssues.org, which also evaluates his stances on social policy.

DW-Nominate was used to generate the voting record rankings, while OnTheIssues was used to rank the public policy statements. So if these two weight differently based on economics vs. social policy, that may account for the divergence.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1342